By Ryan Clark on October 2, 2013
According to sources, some members of WWE’s creative brain trust have pitched a match pitting CM Punk against Randy Orton at WrestleMania XXX. No additional details have been disclosed.
With Rob Van Dam expected to be written off television within the next week or so due to a contract matter, an angle has been discussed where his current manager, Ricardo Rodriguez, turns on the former ECW standout to partner up with Alberto Del Rio once again.
We noted over the weekend that Jim Ross appeared on the pre-game show for the Oklahoma Sooner’s game against Notre Dame last Saturday. In an update on this, you can click here to view photos of JR at the game. The Sooners won 35 – 21. Boooo … go Notre Dame!
AJ Styles’ contract extension with TNA runs through December. The two sides are still negotiating to extend that deal.
Hulk Hogan’s TNA contract expired yesterday. Word is that the two sides are still negotiating a new deal, but nothing has been agreed upon as of this writing. As you can imagine, Hogan is asking for more money and creative control again.
The 9/30 WWE RAW, which drew a 2.68 (2.7) cable rating, with 3.59 million viewers, ended up as the lowest amount of viewers for the show so far in 2013. It was also the lowest amount of viewers for RAW since last December.
Despite the drop in viewers, it was not the lowest overall cable rating for the show in 2013. That came back on 6/3 when the show drew a 2.65.
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Royal Rumble Results (1/24) - The Winner Is?!</i> - January 24th, 2016
- <i>WWE TLC Results (12/13) - Did Reigns Win Title?</i> - December 13th, 2015
- <i>Survivor Series Results (11/22) - The New Champion?</i> - November 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Update - The Rock Not At WrestleMania 32? - November 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Report - Randy Orton May Need Shoulder Surgery - November 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Report - Why Charlotte Didn't Turn Down RAW Angle - November 22nd, 2015
- Billy Gunn To Return To WWE Despite Being Fired?, Barrett & Girlfriend Split - November 22nd, 2015
- <i>WWE Hell In A Cell Results (10/25) - 'Taker/Lesnar!</i> - October 25th, 2015
- <i>Night Of Champions Results (9/20) - Rollins/Sting!</i> - September 20th, 2015
- More Recent WWE Tryout Names Revealed + Carlito - September 20th, 2015