By Ryan Clark on January 10, 2013
Following WWE starting the process to sign Independent star El Generico, word is that Adam Cole and Sami Callihan will have tryouts as well with WWE.
The company has changed their attitude about signing top independent workers that don’t necessarily have the look and size that WWE traditionally looks for. This is partly due to the success of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and now Dean Ambrose and Seth “Tyler Black” Rollins. Punk and Bryan have specifically caused a different mentality when it comes to talent coming through the Independents as well as talent that doesn’t have the look, the size and the physique that used to be the first thing they would look for.
The old WWE mentality was to sign people who could be TV stars and teach them to wrestle the “WWE style”, as opposed to signing great wrestling talent and giving them the ball and seeing how far they can run with it.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>Full WWE Elimination Chamber Results (2/23)!</i> - February 23rd, 2014
- A Major WWE Hall Of Fame **SPOILER** Inside Here - February 23rd, 2014
- Report: Vince McMahon Makes Backstage Promise + More - February 23rd, 2014
- 'Sunny' Wants A WWE Network Show - Details - February 23rd, 2014
- A Big Title Change At A Weekend TNA Live Event - February 23rd, 2014
- Major WrestleMania 30 Updates - New Rumored Matches - February 8th, 2014
- Major Backstage Updates - Sting To WWE?, KENTA/WWE, More - February 8th, 2014
- Backstage Updates - The Rock's WWE Return, Batista's Contract - February 8th, 2014
- Backstage News - Joe Gives Emotional Speech + 'The Wolves' Praised - February 8th, 2014
- Backstage News - MVP Not Under TNA Contract + Russo Screws TNA? - February 8th, 2014