By Ryan Clark on January 10, 2013
Following WWE starting the process to sign Independent star El Generico, word is that Adam Cole and Sami Callihan will have tryouts as well with WWE.
The company has changed their attitude about signing top independent workers that don’t necessarily have the look and size that WWE traditionally looks for. This is partly due to the success of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and now Dean Ambrose and Seth “Tyler Black” Rollins. Punk and Bryan have specifically caused a different mentality when it comes to talent coming through the Independents as well as talent that doesn’t have the look, the size and the physique that used to be the first thing they would look for.
The old WWE mentality was to sign people who could be TV stars and teach them to wrestle the “WWE style”, as opposed to signing great wrestling talent and giving them the ball and seeing how far they can run with it.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- UPDATED: TNA iMPACT! Gone From SpikeTV - July 28th, 2014
- Rumored WWE SummerSlam Matches & **SPOILERS** - July 28th, 2014
- <i>WWE Battleground Results (7/20) - A New Champ?!</i> - July 20th, 2014
- WWE To 'Light Up' Levi's Stadium For WrestleMania 31? - July 20th, 2014
- Report: WWE To Alter KENTA's In-Ring Style?, Details - July 20th, 2014
- Backstage News - Ric Flair's WWE Future & Original Plans - July 20th, 2014
- Backstage Update On The New WWE Logo & Title Belt - July 20th, 2014
- <i>Money In The Bank Results (6/29) - New Champion!</i> - June 29th, 2014
- Major Update - The Undertaker's WWE Future & Health - June 29th, 2014
- Backstage News On How WWE Views Daniel Bryan Now - June 29th, 2014