By Ryan Clark on January 10, 2013
Following WWE starting the process to sign Independent star El Generico, word is that Adam Cole and Sami Callihan will have tryouts as well with WWE.
The company has changed their attitude about signing top independent workers that don’t necessarily have the look and size that WWE traditionally looks for. This is partly due to the success of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and now Dean Ambrose and Seth “Tyler Black” Rollins. Punk and Bryan have specifically caused a different mentality when it comes to talent coming through the Independents as well as talent that doesn’t have the look, the size and the physique that used to be the first thing they would look for.
The old WWE mentality was to sign people who could be TV stars and teach them to wrestle the “WWE style”, as opposed to signing great wrestling talent and giving them the ball and seeing how far they can run with it.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>Night Of Champions Results (9/21) - New Champs!</i> - September 21st, 2014
- Major Roman Reigns Update - How Long Will He Be Out? - September 20th, 2014
- Backstage News: Austin To Wrestle At WrestleMania 31? - September 20th, 2014
- Backstage News: Dixie Carter's Pep Talk To TNA's Roster - September 20th, 2014
- Report: Samoa Joe Injured + Big iMPACT! **SPOILER** - September 20th, 2014
- BREAKING UPDATE: Sean O'Haire Commits Suicide By Hanging - September 9th, 2014
- <i>WWE SummerSlam Results (8/17) - New Champions!</i> - August 17th, 2014
- Sting & Vince Finally Meet, Summer Rae/Layla Plans? - August 17th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Del Rio's WWE 'No Compete' Clause - August 17th, 2014
- Sting Confirms He Wants To Wrestle Undertaker, WWE Future? - August 17th, 2014