By Ryan Clark on January 10, 2013
Following WWE starting the process to sign Independent star El Generico, word is that Adam Cole and Sami Callihan will have tryouts as well with WWE.
The company has changed their attitude about signing top independent workers that don’t necessarily have the look and size that WWE traditionally looks for. This is partly due to the success of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and now Dean Ambrose and Seth “Tyler Black” Rollins. Punk and Bryan have specifically caused a different mentality when it comes to talent coming through the Independents as well as talent that doesn’t have the look, the size and the physique that used to be the first thing they would look for.
The old WWE mentality was to sign people who could be TV stars and teach them to wrestle the “WWE style”, as opposed to signing great wrestling talent and giving them the ball and seeing how far they can run with it.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE TLC Results (12/14) - New Champion Crowned!</i> - December 14th, 2014
- Report: CM Punk To Have Trouble Getting Licensed? - December 14th, 2014
- Confirmed: Naomi Gone From WWE's Total Divas Show - December 14th, 2014
- Report: WWE's Main Roster Motivated After NXT Special - December 14th, 2014
- Press Release - Alberto Del Rio Signs With ROH - December 14th, 2014
- Backstage News - Why Charlotte Lost On RAW, Natalya Asked To Lose? - December 14th, 2014
- <i>MUST-READ **UPDATES** - CM PUNK SIGNS MULTI-FIGHT UFC DEAL!</i> - December 7th, 2014
- <i>HUGE MUST-READ UPDATE: Reaction To CM Punk's Shoot Interview!</i> - November 27th, 2014
- <i>WWE Survivor Series Results (11/23) - Sting Debuts!</i> - November 23rd, 2014
- A MAJOR Backstage Update On The Future Of TNA Wrestling - November 23rd, 2014