By Ryan Clark on September 22, 2012
There are several reasons why Jeff Hardy won the Bound for Glory series and will main event against Austin Aries at TNA’s biggest show of the year. Hardy’s contract is expiring in February and TNA wants to keep him happy.
In addition to that, TNA expects Hardy to drive PPV and movie theater sales for the show, as more mainstream fans are willing to pay for Hardy (over James Storm, who was also considered). TNA is hoping that merchandise, live event ticket sales and television ratings will go up with building a major program around Hardy.
There are also rumors as we noted yesterday that Hardy will return to WWE once his contract expires. Those rumors are far from confirmed and there is still lots of time left on his current TNA contract.
Sonjay Dutt is the featured guest on the latest edition of TNA Today with Jeremy Borash. The twelve-year veteran talks about how he worked over the years to obtain a college degree while developing his career in professional wrestling, family, an injury that consistently holds him back, the X Division and more. You can watch the episode at this link.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- Austin Aries 'Severely Fined' For Sexual Harassment - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Update & Plans For Evan Bourne's Return - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Update - Christian's WWE Return? - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Plans For Extreme Rules & SummerSlam - May 15th, 2013
- Possible 2014 WWE Hall Of Fame **SPOILERS** - May 15th, 2013
- MAJOR UPDATE - The Rock & WWE - Legit Injury?, Rematch? - April 9th, 2013
- 2 WWE Title Changes On RAW - Dolph Ziggler Cashes In! - April 9th, 2013
- The Undertaker's Next Feud?, CM Punk Update, & More - April 9th, 2013
- <b>WWE WRESTLEMANIA 29 RESULTS - 4/7/2013!</b> - April 7th, 2013
- Full WWE Hall Of Fame Report - Bruno, Trish, Backlund! - April 7th, 2013