By Ryan Clark on July 2, 2012
WWE officials are in the process of laying out plans for the top matches at WrestleMania 29, which will take place at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ.
Among the plans is who current WWE Champion CM Punk will wrestle. He has been pushing behind the scenes to wrestle Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin. As of right now, there are no guarantees that this match will take place but it is what CM Punk wants.
Austin has said over the past year that he is healthy enough to wrestle again and that CM Punk is his choice for an opponent if he did return.
A WWE source has stated that the possibility of Austin wrestling at WrestleMania is “more likely a no than a yes” at this time.
Source: The Wrestling Observer
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- Austin Aries 'Severely Fined' For Sexual Harassment - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Update & Plans For Evan Bourne's Return - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Update - Christian's WWE Return? - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Plans For Extreme Rules & SummerSlam - May 15th, 2013
- Possible 2014 WWE Hall Of Fame **SPOILERS** - May 15th, 2013
- MAJOR UPDATE - The Rock & WWE - Legit Injury?, Rematch? - April 9th, 2013
- 2 WWE Title Changes On RAW - Dolph Ziggler Cashes In! - April 9th, 2013
- The Undertaker's Next Feud?, CM Punk Update, & More - April 9th, 2013
- <b>WWE WRESTLEMANIA 29 RESULTS - 4/7/2013!</b> - April 7th, 2013
- Full WWE Hall Of Fame Report - Bruno, Trish, Backlund! - April 7th, 2013