By Ryan Clark on January 10, 2013
Most have assumed that The Rock will defeat CM Punk at the Royal Rumble to win the WWE Title. While that is the popular opinion at this time, there have been other scenarios pitched where Punk would retain the title in some controversial fashion.
Word is that The Rock has been promised the WWE Title; so one scenario is that Rock could lose to Punk at the Rumble and then compete in the Elimination Chamber and win the title there. The plan would then be for him to defend the title at WrestleMania against John Cena, who may be the one to win the Royal Rumble this year. There are also rumors that CM Punk vs. The Undertaker will take place at WrestleMania 29.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE SummerSlam Results (8/17) - New Champions!</i> - August 17th, 2014
- Sting & Vince Finally Meet, Summer Rae/Layla Plans? - August 17th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Del Rio's WWE 'No Compete' Clause - August 17th, 2014
- Sting Confirms He Wants To Wrestle Undertaker, WWE Future? - August 17th, 2014
- Update: WWE Taping RAW & SmackDown In Same Night? - August 17th, 2014
- Report: TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Not Renewed Yet - August 17th, 2014
- UPDATED: TNA iMPACT! Gone From SpikeTV - July 28th, 2014
- Rumored WWE SummerSlam Matches & **SPOILERS** - July 28th, 2014
- <i>WWE Battleground Results (7/20) - A New Champ?!</i> - July 20th, 2014
- WWE To 'Light Up' Levi's Stadium For WrestleMania 31? - July 20th, 2014