By Ryan Clark on January 10, 2013
Most have assumed that The Rock will defeat CM Punk at the Royal Rumble to win the WWE Title. While that is the popular opinion at this time, there have been other scenarios pitched where Punk would retain the title in some controversial fashion.
Word is that The Rock has been promised the WWE Title; so one scenario is that Rock could lose to Punk at the Rumble and then compete in the Elimination Chamber and win the title there. The plan would then be for him to defend the title at WrestleMania against John Cena, who may be the one to win the Royal Rumble this year. There are also rumors that CM Punk vs. The Undertaker will take place at WrestleMania 29.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- TNA Lockdown Results (3/9) - Bobby Lashley Returns! - March 9th, 2014
- Concern Over Triple H Taking Over For Vince McMahon - March 8th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Vince McMahon's WWE Return? - March 8th, 2014
- Report: Batista's WWE SummerSlam Opponent?, Fan Incident? - March 8th, 2014
- Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust At WrestleMania 30 Nixed - March 8th, 2014
- Major WWE Pushes Planned Following WrestleMania 30 - March 8th, 2014
- Davey Richards: 'It's My Goal To Make WWE Feel Stupid' - March 8th, 2014
- <i>Full WWE Elimination Chamber Results (2/23)!</i> - February 23rd, 2014
- A Major WWE Hall Of Fame **SPOILER** Inside Here - February 23rd, 2014
- Report: Vince McMahon Makes Backstage Promise + More - February 23rd, 2014