By Ryan Clark on July 13, 2012
Batista’s first professional MMA fight is set for October. TMZ reports that the WWE alumni will fight October 6 in a bout promoted by CES. He will be fighting Rashid Evans (not the UFC’s Rashad Evans) in a heavyweight fight. The card will be televised, though details aren’t known. The fight is two years after Batista first announced his intention to go into MMA after he left WWE. He nearly fought with Strikeforce but that fizzled out and he opened an MMA gym in Florida.
After the news broke, Batista posted to Twitter:
I’m making my MMA debut oct 6th live on PPV check it! BOOOOM there’s the announcement. Sorry haters!
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- Austin Aries 'Severely Fined' For Sexual Harassment - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Update & Plans For Evan Bourne's Return - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Update - Christian's WWE Return? - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Plans For Extreme Rules & SummerSlam - May 15th, 2013
- Possible 2014 WWE Hall Of Fame **SPOILERS** - May 15th, 2013
- MAJOR UPDATE - The Rock & WWE - Legit Injury?, Rematch? - April 9th, 2013
- 2 WWE Title Changes On RAW - Dolph Ziggler Cashes In! - April 9th, 2013
- The Undertaker's Next Feud?, CM Punk Update, & More - April 9th, 2013
- <b>WWE WRESTLEMANIA 29 RESULTS - 4/7/2013!</b> - April 7th, 2013
- Full WWE Hall Of Fame Report - Bruno, Trish, Backlund! - April 7th, 2013