By Ryan Clark on March 8, 2014
Many within WWE were surprised when Triple H used the term “hijack” on TV because Vince McMahon would “never” have used that term on air, especially after it was being used all over the internet going into this week’s edition of RAW in Chicago, IL.
According to a source in WWE, the biggest concern regarding Vince McMahon eventually stepping down and Triple H taking over is that Triple H would let the internet “get to him.”
As noted earlier, WWE CFO George Barrios recently spoke to Business Week about the current negotiations the company is working on to establish a new cable television partner.
“We think we’ll be able to announce a new domestic rights partner at the end of April or beginning of May,” said Barrios.
He also noted that WWE is in negotiations with a number of different parties, but would not specify who they are.
Barrios spoke about the WWE stock rising this week, noting that the company is not in merger discussions, and that the stock is rising based on speculation about a boost in their cable rights fees, as well as the launch of the WWE Network.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>Survivor Series Results (11/22) - The New Champion?</i> - November 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Update - The Rock Not At WrestleMania 32? - November 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Report - Randy Orton May Need Shoulder Surgery - November 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Report - Why Charlotte Didn't Turn Down RAW Angle - November 22nd, 2015
- Billy Gunn To Return To WWE Despite Being Fired?, Barrett & Girlfriend Split - November 22nd, 2015
- <i>WWE Hell In A Cell Results (10/25) - 'Taker/Lesnar!</i> - October 25th, 2015
- <i>Night Of Champions Results (9/20) - Rollins/Sting!</i> - September 20th, 2015
- More Recent WWE Tryout Names Revealed + Carlito - September 20th, 2015
- Kurt Angle’s Brother Charged With Homicide - September 20th, 2015
- Could Carlito Be Returning To WWE Shortly? - September 20th, 2015