By Ryan Clark on March 8, 2014
Many within WWE were surprised when Triple H used the term “hijack” on TV because Vince McMahon would “never” have used that term on air, especially after it was being used all over the internet going into this week’s edition of RAW in Chicago, IL.
According to a source in WWE, the biggest concern regarding Vince McMahon eventually stepping down and Triple H taking over is that Triple H would let the internet “get to him.”
As noted earlier, WWE CFO George Barrios recently spoke to Business Week about the current negotiations the company is working on to establish a new cable television partner.
“We think we’ll be able to announce a new domestic rights partner at the end of April or beginning of May,” said Barrios.
He also noted that WWE is in negotiations with a number of different parties, but would not specify who they are.
Barrios spoke about the WWE stock rising this week, noting that the company is not in merger discussions, and that the stock is rising based on speculation about a boost in their cable rights fees, as well as the launch of the WWE Network.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Money In The Bank Results (6/14)!</i> - June 14th, 2015
- UPDATES (FRIDAY - 12:15AM EST): Dusty Rhodes Passes Away - June 11th, 2015
- <i>Elimination Chamber Results (5/31) - New Champs!</i> - May 31st, 2015
- MAJOR UPDATE - ROH, TNA & Destination America - Complete Details - May 31st, 2015
- Backstage News & Original Plans For Zayn, Balor & Owens Revealed - May 31st, 2015
- Kevin Owens Reveals When He Was Told WWE Was Signing Him - May 31st, 2015
- <i>WWE Payback Results (5/17) - Fatal-4Way, 'I Quit'!</i> - May 17th, 2015
- REPORT: Samoa Joe Signs With WWE - May 17th, 2015
- Batista Rips WWE, Praises Titus O'Neil - Details - May 17th, 2015
- The Lineups For GFW's First Live Events Revealed - Details - May 17th, 2015