By Ryan Clark on March 8, 2014
Many within WWE were surprised when Triple H used the term “hijack” on TV because Vince McMahon would “never” have used that term on air, especially after it was being used all over the internet going into this week’s edition of RAW in Chicago, IL.
According to a source in WWE, the biggest concern regarding Vince McMahon eventually stepping down and Triple H taking over is that Triple H would let the internet “get to him.”
As noted earlier, WWE CFO George Barrios recently spoke to Business Week about the current negotiations the company is working on to establish a new cable television partner.
“We think we’ll be able to announce a new domestic rights partner at the end of April or beginning of May,” said Barrios.
He also noted that WWE is in negotiations with a number of different parties, but would not specify who they are.
Barrios spoke about the WWE stock rising this week, noting that the company is not in merger discussions, and that the stock is rising based on speculation about a boost in their cable rights fees, as well as the launch of the WWE Network.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Clash Of Champions Results (9/25)!</i> - September 25th, 2016
- <i>WWE Backlash Results (9/11) - New Champions!</i> - September 11th, 2016
- Jericho & Lesnar Involved In Backstage Fight At SS - August 22nd, 2016
- Finn Balor Relinquishes The WWE Universal Title - August 22nd, 2016
- <i>WWE SummerSlam Results (8/21) - Balor!</i> - August 21st, 2016
- The Updated WWE NXT: Back 2 Brooklyn Event Card - August 18th, 2016
- <i>WWE Battleground Results (7/24) - Reigns Returns!</i> - July 24th, 2016
- <i>WWE MITB Results (6/19) - New World Champion!</i> - June 19th, 2016
- <I>WWE Extreme Rules Results (5/22) - Rollins Returns!</I> - May 22nd, 2016
- BREAKING NEWS: WWE Releases Cody Rhodes - Statement - May 22nd, 2016