By Ryan Clark on March 8, 2014
Many within WWE were surprised when Triple H used the term “hijack” on TV because Vince McMahon would “never” have used that term on air, especially after it was being used all over the internet going into this week’s edition of RAW in Chicago, IL.
According to a source in WWE, the biggest concern regarding Vince McMahon eventually stepping down and Triple H taking over is that Triple H would let the internet “get to him.”
As noted earlier, WWE CFO George Barrios recently spoke to Business Week about the current negotiations the company is working on to establish a new cable television partner.
“We think we’ll be able to announce a new domestic rights partner at the end of April or beginning of May,” said Barrios.
He also noted that WWE is in negotiations with a number of different parties, but would not specify who they are.
Barrios spoke about the WWE stock rising this week, noting that the company is not in merger discussions, and that the stock is rising based on speculation about a boost in their cable rights fees, as well as the launch of the WWE Network.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Royal Rumble Results (1/25) - The Winner Is ?</i> - January 25th, 2015
- Backstage Report: Layla Injured, Undergoes Surgery - January 24th, 2015
- Report: Goldust' In-Ring Career 'Winding Down' - January 24th, 2015
- Report: WWE Wants Maria Menounos At The 2015 HOF - January 24th, 2015
- Report: Jim Ross/Lucha Underground Talks Fall Through - January 24th, 2015
- Backstage Update - The Status Of WWE Main Event - January 24th, 2015
- <i>WWE TLC Results (12/14) - New Champion Crowned!</i> - December 14th, 2014
- Report: CM Punk To Have Trouble Getting Licensed? - December 14th, 2014
- Confirmed: Naomi Gone From WWE's Total Divas Show - December 14th, 2014
- Report: WWE's Main Roster Motivated After NXT Special - December 14th, 2014