By Ryan Clark on March 8, 2014
Many within WWE were surprised when Triple H used the term “hijack” on TV because Vince McMahon would “never” have used that term on air, especially after it was being used all over the internet going into this week’s edition of RAW in Chicago, IL.
According to a source in WWE, the biggest concern regarding Vince McMahon eventually stepping down and Triple H taking over is that Triple H would let the internet “get to him.”
As noted earlier, WWE CFO George Barrios recently spoke to Business Week about the current negotiations the company is working on to establish a new cable television partner.
“We think we’ll be able to announce a new domestic rights partner at the end of April or beginning of May,” said Barrios.
He also noted that WWE is in negotiations with a number of different parties, but would not specify who they are.
Barrios spoke about the WWE stock rising this week, noting that the company is not in merger discussions, and that the stock is rising based on speculation about a boost in their cable rights fees, as well as the launch of the WWE Network.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <I>WWE Extreme Rules Results (5/22) - Rollins Returns!</I> - May 22nd, 2016
- BREAKING NEWS: WWE Releases Cody Rhodes - Statement - May 22nd, 2016
- <i>WWE Payback Results (5/1) - Reigns vs. Styles!</i> - May 1st, 2016
- <i>WRESTLEMANIA 32 RESULTS - APRIL 3RD, 2016!</i> - April 3rd, 2016
- Sting Announces His 'Retirement From WWE' At WWE HOF - April 3rd, 2016
- Brock Lesnar Discusses The Money In His Bank Account - April 3rd, 2016
- Ric Flair Reacts To The Hogan vs. Gawker Trial, 'Woooo' Chant - April 3rd, 2016
- Backstage Updates - Kota Ibushi & Ricochet To WWE, & More - April 3rd, 2016
- <i>WWE Fastlane Results (2/21) - Reigns To WM32!</i> - February 21st, 2016
- <i>WWE Royal Rumble Results (1/24) - The Winner Is?!</i> - January 24th, 2016