By Ryan Clark on March 8, 2014
Many within WWE were surprised when Triple H used the term “hijack” on TV because Vince McMahon would “never” have used that term on air, especially after it was being used all over the internet going into this week’s edition of RAW in Chicago, IL.
According to a source in WWE, the biggest concern regarding Vince McMahon eventually stepping down and Triple H taking over is that Triple H would let the internet “get to him.”
As noted earlier, WWE CFO George Barrios recently spoke to Business Week about the current negotiations the company is working on to establish a new cable television partner.
“We think we’ll be able to announce a new domestic rights partner at the end of April or beginning of May,” said Barrios.
He also noted that WWE is in negotiations with a number of different parties, but would not specify who they are.
Barrios spoke about the WWE stock rising this week, noting that the company is not in merger discussions, and that the stock is rising based on speculation about a boost in their cable rights fees, as well as the launch of the WWE Network.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Fastlane Results (2/22) - Reigns vs. D-Bryan!</i> - February 22nd, 2015
- MAJOR UPDATE: WWE Issues CM Punk Statement & Video - February 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Update - Samoa Joe's Future Plans? - February 22nd, 2015
- A Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker WrestleMania 31 Issue? - February 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Update - Brock Lesnar Staying With WWE?, + WWE Stats - February 22nd, 2015
- Shawn Michaels Discusses A Retirement Match With Triple H - February 22nd, 2015
- <i>WWE Royal Rumble Results (1/25) - The Winner Is ?</i> - January 25th, 2015
- Backstage Report: Layla Injured, Undergoes Surgery - January 24th, 2015
- Report: Goldust' In-Ring Career 'Winding Down' - January 24th, 2015
- Report: WWE Wants Maria Menounos At The 2015 HOF - January 24th, 2015