By Ryan Clark on March 8, 2014
Many within WWE were surprised when Triple H used the term “hijack” on TV because Vince McMahon would “never” have used that term on air, especially after it was being used all over the internet going into this week’s edition of RAW in Chicago, IL.
According to a source in WWE, the biggest concern regarding Vince McMahon eventually stepping down and Triple H taking over is that Triple H would let the internet “get to him.”
As noted earlier, WWE CFO George Barrios recently spoke to Business Week about the current negotiations the company is working on to establish a new cable television partner.
“We think we’ll be able to announce a new domestic rights partner at the end of April or beginning of May,” said Barrios.
He also noted that WWE is in negotiations with a number of different parties, but would not specify who they are.
Barrios spoke about the WWE stock rising this week, noting that the company is not in merger discussions, and that the stock is rising based on speculation about a boost in their cable rights fees, as well as the launch of the WWE Network.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Battleground Results (7/20) - A New Champ?!</i> - July 20th, 2014
- WWE To 'Light Up' Levi's Stadium For WrestleMania 31? - July 20th, 2014
- Report: WWE To Alter KENTA's In-Ring Style?, Details - July 20th, 2014
- Backstage News - Ric Flair's WWE Future & Original Plans - July 20th, 2014
- Backstage Update On The New WWE Logo & Title Belt - July 20th, 2014
- <i>Money In The Bank Results (6/29) - New Champion!</i> - June 29th, 2014
- Major Update - The Undertaker's WWE Future & Health - June 29th, 2014
- Backstage News On How WWE Views Daniel Bryan Now - June 29th, 2014
- **SPOILER** Update: Dixie Carter's Injury & TV Future - June 29th, 2014
- Steve Austin Speaks Out - Shield Split, WWE Title Situation - June 29th, 2014