By Ryan Clark on March 8, 2014
Many within WWE were surprised when Triple H used the term “hijack” on TV because Vince McMahon would “never” have used that term on air, especially after it was being used all over the internet going into this week’s edition of RAW in Chicago, IL.
According to a source in WWE, the biggest concern regarding Vince McMahon eventually stepping down and Triple H taking over is that Triple H would let the internet “get to him.”
As noted earlier, WWE CFO George Barrios recently spoke to Business Week about the current negotiations the company is working on to establish a new cable television partner.
“We think we’ll be able to announce a new domestic rights partner at the end of April or beginning of May,” said Barrios.
He also noted that WWE is in negotiations with a number of different parties, but would not specify who they are.
Barrios spoke about the WWE stock rising this week, noting that the company is not in merger discussions, and that the stock is rising based on speculation about a boost in their cable rights fees, as well as the launch of the WWE Network.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Hell In A Cell Results (10/26) - 2 HIAC Matches!</i> - October 26th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Jeff Jarrett's GFW Promotion - October 25th, 2014
- Backstage News - The Undertaker's New WWE Role - October 25th, 2014
- The Employee Alberto Del Rio Slapped Gone From WWE - October 25th, 2014
- WWE Planning To Get Rid Of The Elimination Chamber PPV? - October 25th, 2014
- AJ Lee Reveals Why She Won't Do Total Divas & Lots More - October 25th, 2014
- <i>Night Of Champions Results (9/21) - New Champs!</i> - September 21st, 2014
- Major Roman Reigns Update - How Long Will He Be Out? - September 20th, 2014
- Backstage News: Austin To Wrestle At WrestleMania 31? - September 20th, 2014
- Backstage News: Dixie Carter's Pep Talk To TNA's Roster - September 20th, 2014