By Ryan Clark on March 30, 2014
At this time, there looks to be talk that Christian’s career as an in ring performer for WWE may be over. Christian won a four way match on RAW this week and was set to challenge for the IC Title on Main Event, but had to be pulled after suffering a “slight concussion”.
Word is that Christian could retire as an in ring performer when his current contract expires. There have reportedly been talks of retirement prior to this week, due to Christian being 40, creative not really having much for him and also due to his injury history over the last few years. The concussion on Monday was the second one he suffered this year.
There is talk that if he does retire that he would make a great trainer down in NXT, if he is interested in that position.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Royal Rumble Results (1/25) - The Winner Is ?</i> - January 25th, 2015
- Backstage Report: Layla Injured, Undergoes Surgery - January 24th, 2015
- Report: Goldust' In-Ring Career 'Winding Down' - January 24th, 2015
- Report: WWE Wants Maria Menounos At The 2015 HOF - January 24th, 2015
- Report: Jim Ross/Lucha Underground Talks Fall Through - January 24th, 2015
- Backstage Update - The Status Of WWE Main Event - January 24th, 2015
- <i>WWE TLC Results (12/14) - New Champion Crowned!</i> - December 14th, 2014
- Report: CM Punk To Have Trouble Getting Licensed? - December 14th, 2014
- Confirmed: Naomi Gone From WWE's Total Divas Show - December 14th, 2014
- Report: WWE's Main Roster Motivated After NXT Special - December 14th, 2014