By Ryan Clark on January 19, 2013
In recent weeks, it has been rumored that DX will be the headliners for this year’s WWE Hall of Fame class. Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Sean Waltman, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg would be the performers inducted. Shawn Michaels would then be the second two time hall of famer, along with Ric Flair. Speaking of DX, Shawn Michaels tweeted a photo from last Thursday night’s WWE NXT tapings. The photo features almost the entire D-X crew (Triple H, X-Pac, Billy Gunn, Shawn Michaels) as well as Kevin Nash. If you’re interested, you can click here to view it.
WWE is planning to get some production upgrades before WrestleMania 29, including the latest state of the art high definition cameras which will replace the current equipment the company uses.
There is also talk of using 3D technology in the future. They have thought about doing a 3D Wrestlemania through Fathom Events, but it never panned out in the past.
Ryan Ward is the new head writer of WWE NXT, taking over from Dusty Rhodes. Triple H has been hands on with production and the feeling is that the shows run smoothly.
Last week’s NXT TV tapings at Full Sail University, which featured Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Triple H and others, brought in 400 fans.
Here are the average ratings and audience numbers for WWE programming in 2012…
* WWE RAW: 3.3 rating with 4.75 million viewers
* WWE SmackDown: 2.1 rating with 3.04 million viewers
* WWE Main Event: 0.8 rating with 1.3 million viewers
* WWE Saturday Morning Slam: 0.7 rating with 1.14 million viewers
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- TNA Lockdown Results (3/9) - Bobby Lashley Returns! - March 9th, 2014
- Concern Over Triple H Taking Over For Vince McMahon - March 8th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Vince McMahon's WWE Return? - March 8th, 2014
- Report: Batista's WWE SummerSlam Opponent?, Fan Incident? - March 8th, 2014
- Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust At WrestleMania 30 Nixed - March 8th, 2014
- Major WWE Pushes Planned Following WrestleMania 30 - March 8th, 2014
- Davey Richards: 'It's My Goal To Make WWE Feel Stupid' - March 8th, 2014
- <i>Full WWE Elimination Chamber Results (2/23)!</i> - February 23rd, 2014
- A Major WWE Hall Of Fame **SPOILER** Inside Here - February 23rd, 2014
- Report: Vince McMahon Makes Backstage Promise + More - February 23rd, 2014