By Ryan Clark on October 14, 2012
John Cena’s recovery from his recent elbow surgery is said to be slow after he had chips in his elbow removed. He will be on RAW weekly, but it’s unknown if he will be able to physically wrestle at Hell in a Cell at this point.
It’s likely that they will hold off until the last minute to pull Cena from the match, but he could still get involved in a Punk vs. Ryback match as a referee or in some other way.
Punk will wrestle Ryback this weekend at house shows as a run-through of a possible match.
UPDATE: John Cena posted the following today on Twitter..
“Just finishing four hours of physical therapy. If @CMPunk chooses me @wwe ill be ready for #hellinacell”
We reported yesterday that John Cena has another medical evaluation scheduled for Monday and the belief is that they will decide if he will be ready to work the Hell in a Cell PPV on 10/28. “Several different possible booking scenarios” were discussed according to this same report. They’ll re-write RAW on Monday based on what they hear on Cena during the morning.
As reported earlier yesterday, a poll conducted by WWE on Twitter showed 69% of fans wanting Ryback to be the one to face CM Punk at Hell in a Cell.
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- Austin Aries 'Severely Fined' For Sexual Harassment - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Update & Plans For Evan Bourne's Return - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Update - Christian's WWE Return? - May 15th, 2013
- Backstage Plans For Extreme Rules & SummerSlam - May 15th, 2013
- Possible 2014 WWE Hall Of Fame **SPOILERS** - May 15th, 2013
- MAJOR UPDATE - The Rock & WWE - Legit Injury?, Rematch? - April 9th, 2013
- 2 WWE Title Changes On RAW - Dolph Ziggler Cashes In! - April 9th, 2013
- The Undertaker's Next Feud?, CM Punk Update, & More - April 9th, 2013
- <b>WWE WRESTLEMANIA 29 RESULTS - 4/7/2013!</b> - April 7th, 2013
- Full WWE Hall Of Fame Report - Bruno, Trish, Backlund! - April 7th, 2013