By Ryan Clark on February 21, 2013
As of this past weekend, these were the planned top four matches for WrestleMania 29:
- The Rock vs. John Cena (WWE Title)
– Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger (World Heavyweight title)
– CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
– Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
While Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H is more or less set, the rest could change by WrestleMania. There is still no word on The Undertaker’s status. If he doesn’t work the show, Punk could be added to the Rock/Cena match. Cena vs. Punk on RAW puts that match into question, but a lot of the promotional material for WrestleMania 29 has been sent out and features The Rock vs. John Cena as the top match.
Meanwhile, Jack Swagger’s DUI and drug arrest on Wednesday has hurt their plans.
A Ryback vs. Chris Jericho (as a heel) match was planned, but it wasn’t teased this past RAW when Ryback, Jericho and Sheamus teamed up against The Shield. With Jericho off of TV for several weeks, it seems WWE may be going in a different direction with them as well. Sheamus vs. Mark Henry was also discussed but there hasn’t been any build to that either.
Top stars like Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton, Big Show, The Shield, Kane and Daniel Bryan also currently have no obvious opponents for the show.
Even with the lack of direction, the feeling is that the show will still be a huge success because of the special attractions (The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Bruno Sammartino) and the show taking place in the New York market.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Payback Results (5/17) - Fatal-4Way, 'I Quit'!</i> - May 17th, 2015
- REPORT: Samoa Joe Signs With WWE - May 17th, 2015
- Batista Rips WWE, Praises Titus O'Neil - Details - May 17th, 2015
- The Lineups For GFW's First Live Events Revealed - Details - May 17th, 2015
- Vince Russo Compares Lana & Rusev & Sable & Mero - May 17th, 2015
- <i>WWE Extreme Rules Results (4/26) - Rollins!</i> - April 26th, 2015
- <i>WRESTLEMANIA 31 RESULTS - MARCH 29TH, 2015!</i> - March 29th, 2015
- Report: Report: 3 Different WrestleMania 32 Main Event Ideas - March 29th, 2015
- Update: Rey Mysterio Denies Retirement Reports - Details Inside - March 29th, 2015
- Scotty 2 Hotty Upset With Rikishi's WWE Hall Of Fame Speech - Details - March 29th, 2015