By Ryan Clark on January 10, 2013
TNA has officially announced that they will be shifting their focus from monthly live pay-per-views to four live shows on PPV per year. The promotion has announced that their live pay-per-view events will be Genesis on January 13th, Lockdown on March 10th, Slammiversary on June 9th and Bound for Glory on October 13th.
To fill the monthly spots, the promotion will hold seven pay-per-view specials dubbed “TNA Wrestling: One Night Only.” The three-hour taped specials will kick off in April and run throughout the year on the first Friday of each month. This is where the tapings this weekend will come into play; as previously reported, they are a “Joker’s Wild Tag Team Tournament and X-Division show.
Dixie Carter commented, saying, “The Pay-Per-View industry has changed so much in the last decade. The traditional pay-per-view wrestling model needed to evolve and we believe this strategy will positively impact not only the Pay-Per-View events but the weekly television programming as well.”
UPDATE: The following pricing structure is in place for TNA’s new PPV model:
TNA Wrestling: One Night Only: $14.95
TNA Genesis 2013 & TNA Lockdown 2013: $34.95
All live PPVs from Slammiversary and all live PPVs after except BFG: $39.95
TNA Bound for Glory: $44.95
More as we get it.
UPDATE: Here an an update on the themes for the upcoming taped “One Night Only” events for TNA which will be airing on the first first Friday night of months TNA is not broadcasting live PPV’s:
* TNA X-Travaganza, featuring the stars of the X-Division (airing in April, taping 1/13).
* TNA Joker’s Wild Tag Team Special, featuring enemies teaming and a Battle Royal final (airing in May, taping 1/13)
* TNA Hardcore Justice 2 – ECW reunion style “hardcore” show featuring hardcore stipulation matches bringing in ECW talents.
* TNA “10 Reunion” – Stars from the early days of TNA battling inside a Six-Sided ring.
* TNA Knockouts Knockdown – One night Knockout tournament with the first round being all stipulation matches and the final four in a “test of their stamina” to see who the final victor is.
* TNA International Incident – One night tournament featuring talent from ” United States, India, Mexico, Ireland, Canada, Germany, Japan & the UK” with the winner earning a TNA title shot.
TNA X-Division World Cup Tournament – four teams of X-Division wrestlers in a one night tournament featuring singles, tag, six man and eight man tag bouts.
* TNA World Cup of Wrestling – Four teams, each captained by a TNA wrestler featuring a Heavyweight wrestler, a tag team and an X-Division wrestler battling in singles, tag and stipulation bouts. The finale will be a “two ring, triple chance Battle Royal.”
There are currently no confirmed taping dates yet for the specials beyond January.
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- TNA Lockdown Results (3/9) - Bobby Lashley Returns! - March 9th, 2014
- Concern Over Triple H Taking Over For Vince McMahon - March 8th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Vince McMahon's WWE Return? - March 8th, 2014
- Report: Batista's WWE SummerSlam Opponent?, Fan Incident? - March 8th, 2014
- Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust At WrestleMania 30 Nixed - March 8th, 2014
- Major WWE Pushes Planned Following WrestleMania 30 - March 8th, 2014
- Davey Richards: 'It's My Goal To Make WWE Feel Stupid' - March 8th, 2014
- <i>Full WWE Elimination Chamber Results (2/23)!</i> - February 23rd, 2014
- A Major WWE Hall Of Fame **SPOILER** Inside Here - February 23rd, 2014
- Report: Vince McMahon Makes Backstage Promise + More - February 23rd, 2014