By Ryan Clark on March 8, 2014
WWE is talking about three names to possibly face Batista at SummerSlam this year: John Cena, Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk.
With CM Punk not likely to return to WWE, it looks like Batista will face either Cena or Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
Also, there was reportedly an incident at last night’s WWE house show in Winnipeg, Manitoba between Batista and a local DJ who was sitting at ringside. The person in question was a local morning DJ named Cam Carson, who works for Power 97 in Winnipeg. The station was promoting the show and was listed as a sponsor for the event.
According to a live report, Batista was seen jawing with Carson before a match. When Batista returned to the ring, Carson hit Batista in the back/shoulder area. This then led to Batista forcefully shoving him down. Carson then reportedly tried to jump the railing but was stopped and spoken to by security, who then allowed him to remain. Batista then wrestled a match against Big Show.
Later on, Batista flipped off Carson as he passed him while circling the ring. Carson then started “losing it” and tried to jump the railing again, at which point he was walked out by security. It’s not been confirmed if this was a publicity stunt or legitimate. WWE performers who physically interact with fans in an aggressive way are legitimately fined by the company. Mark Henry previously said it was a $10,000 fine during an interview.
We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.
UPDATE: Below is an image of the incident posted on Twitter.
— Shecky (@radio_shecky) March 8, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Fastlane Results (2/22) - Reigns vs. D-Bryan!</i> - February 22nd, 2015
- MAJOR UPDATE: WWE Issues CM Punk Statement & Video - February 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Update - Samoa Joe's Future Plans? - February 22nd, 2015
- A Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker WrestleMania 31 Issue? - February 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Update - Brock Lesnar Staying With WWE?, + WWE Stats - February 22nd, 2015
- Shawn Michaels Discusses A Retirement Match With Triple H - February 22nd, 2015
- <i>WWE Royal Rumble Results (1/25) - The Winner Is ?</i> - January 25th, 2015
- Backstage Report: Layla Injured, Undergoes Surgery - January 24th, 2015
- Report: Goldust' In-Ring Career 'Winding Down' - January 24th, 2015
- Report: WWE Wants Maria Menounos At The 2015 HOF - January 24th, 2015