By Ryan Clark on March 14, 2013
As you know, WWE has been trying to bring back several former Divas, including Kelly Kelly and Maryse. In an update on this, the company has also reached out to Beth Phoenix in an attempt to coax her back; no word on how negotiations are going or if they are at all.
We reported the following here on the website yesterday:
Monday’s RAW saw the return of The Bella Twins to WWE, who appeared in a backstage segment with Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and Kaitlyn. The twin duo had been in contract negotiations with officials from the sports-entertainment organization for approximately two months, with offers triggered by the feeling of lacking depth among the Divas ranks and talent in developmental not being ready to be promoted. WWE management knows the Divas division is currently in the gutter due to mainly the lack of talent. Contract offers have also been made to Maryse Ouellet and the former Kelly Kelly, Barbie Blank. Both starlets rejected the company’s overtures, but are believed to still be in negotiations.
It should be noted that the company is offering the Divas much more money than the past.
Goldust, who had been hoping for a WrestleMania match with his brother Cody Rhodes, posted the following on Twitter today…
Looks like i will be watching #WM29 this year from the comfort of my home. #newkidsontheblock ! Hope they know the opportunity they have!!!
— GOLDUST (@DUSTIN_RHODES1) March 14, 2013
I might have to hit up @BookerT5x for a reunion against #rhodesscholars !!!
Scott Hall, who has been sober for 50 days now, joined DDP on his DDP Radio show last night. Sean Waltman called in and the three talked about wrestling with old stories and memories. You can listen to it here.
CM Punk may have suffered an injury during his main event on RAW in a No DQ match with Kane. After a rough bump, cameras cut away from him and referee Mike Chioda was seen holding up an “X” symbol. A trainer checked on Punk several times during the match. He was able to finish but seemed to be shaken up.
In a major change to WWE’s developmental/NXT system, all the beginner students are now required to train with headgear to lessen possible head injuries while learning how to correctly take bumps. This is a direct result of Triple H and Dr. Joseph Maroon. Triple H currently has full control over WWE’s developmental/NXT system.
Speaking of Triple H, he tweeted a photo of future WWE Hall of Famer Bob Backlund visiting WWE’s Headquarters in Stamford, CT on Wednesday. No word on why Backlund was there but it likely involves the Hall of Fame. Triple H tweeted the following: “Never know when a legend will walk into your office……today, Bob Backlund. #HOF2013″ If you’re interested, you can click here to view a photo of the two together.
Here are some recent WWE figures for attendance, ratings, DVD sales and WWE.com business
* Average WWE live event attendance for January 2013 in North America was up 1.9% from 5,307 to 5,409.
* RAW’s average rating for the month went from a 3.15 with 4.51 million viewers in 2012 to a 3.26 rating with 4.58 million viewers in 2013.
* SmackDown’s average rating went from a 2.09 with 3.05 million viewers in 2012 down to a 2.02 rating 2.94 million viewers in 2013.
* WWE shipped 246,000 DVD units in January 2013, up 55.7% from January 2012.
* Over the past year, the most-shipped DVD’s have been WrestleMania 28 (237,000 units), CM Punk Best In The World (124,000), WWE Attitude Era (117,000), nWo (114,000) and The Undertaker’s DVD (105,000).
* WWE.com website had 14.6 million unique viewers in January 2013, up 21.7% from January 2012.
* WWEShop.com averaged 677 shop orders per day in January, up 23.5% from the previous year.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- Breaking News: AJ Styles Leaving TNA - December 8th, 2013
- WrestleMania 31 & 32 Locations Revealed - Details - December 8th, 2013
- Backstage Update - WWE Tag-Team Turning Heel? - December 8th, 2013
- <i>WWE Survivor Series Results (11/24) - Orton/Cena?!</i> - November 24th, 2013
- Backstage Update - Hulk Hogan At WrestleMania 30? - November 20th, 2013
- Major Update: Ryback's 'Nuclear' Backstage Heat - November 20th, 2013
- Does Maryse Plan On Returning To WWE?, Details - November 20th, 2013
- Backstage Update - Paul Heyman's WWE Return & Plans - November 20th, 2013
- Backstage Update - The WWE Network Launch? - November 20th, 2013
- Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards Arrive At NXT - November 20th, 2013