By Ryan Clark on March 14, 2013
As of right now, Triple H is scheduled to defeat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 29. A stipulation is expected to be announced on RAW next week and it’s rumored to have something to do with MMA. The feeling is that Triple H will get the win because Lesnar beat him the first time and then “broke his arm” twice. Lesnar also “broke” the arm of Shawn Michaels.
Speaking of Shawn Michaels, there is talk of having him featured in the match so he can have a WrestleMania role. That is not confirmed at this point though.
As noted earlier, the early buyrate estimates for the 1/27 WWE Royal Rumble PPV has the show drawing 498,000 buys according to WWE. The estimate breaks down to 322,000 buys domestic and 176,000 buys overseas. Last year’s Royal Rumble PPV in 2012 drew 443,000 buys. WWE will be releasing final buyrate figures during the first quarter earnings report of 2013.
Current WWE Champion Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will be appearing on “The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno” next week on 3/21 on NBC. Johnson will be promoting the release of his new film “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” along with WrestleMania 29.
The Rock’s “Snitch” did $5,098,235 in week three at the box office, coming in 5th place. As of the weekend it has grossed $31,853,362.
For those wondering, Wayne “Zeb Colter” Keown (Dutch Mantell) is writing his own promos. Of course, he has to get everything approved but he is the one coming up with almost all of it.
Numerous WWE NXT stars will be wrestling at this year’s WrestleMania AXXESS events.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- Breaking News: AJ Styles Leaving TNA - December 8th, 2013
- WrestleMania 31 & 32 Locations Revealed - Details - December 8th, 2013
- Backstage Update - WWE Tag-Team Turning Heel? - December 8th, 2013
- <i>WWE Survivor Series Results (11/24) - Orton/Cena?!</i> - November 24th, 2013
- Backstage Update - Hulk Hogan At WrestleMania 30? - November 20th, 2013
- Major Update: Ryback's 'Nuclear' Backstage Heat - November 20th, 2013
- Does Maryse Plan On Returning To WWE?, Details - November 20th, 2013
- Backstage Update - Paul Heyman's WWE Return & Plans - November 20th, 2013
- Backstage Update - The WWE Network Launch? - November 20th, 2013
- Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards Arrive At NXT - November 20th, 2013