By Ryan Clark on April 14, 2014
Triple H vs. Roman Reigns is being set up for this year’s WWE SummerSlam.
The seeds were reportedly planted after Reigns speared Triple H this week on WWE RAW. Their feud is expected to continue throughout the summer.
OTHER BACKSTAGE NEWS:
– TMZ reports that WWE will be helping the widow of the late former WWE Superstar and Hall of Famer, the Ultimate Warrior (born Jim Hellwig). The company reportedly flew two senior WWE officials to Arizona to stand by and help her. WWE is said to have sent employees almost immediately after Warrior’s passing to help his wife, Dana, handle some personal things, such as grocery shopping and informing other family members of what’s happening, so Dana can focus on being with her and Warrior’s daughters.
Warrior passed away earlier this week on Tuesday (April 8) outside an Arizona hotel after suffering what was called a “catastrophic medical event.”
– As a follow-up to a report from yesterday that WWE was selling new CM Punk merchandise during WrestleMania AXXESS, Punk is still getting his cut of merchandise sales from the company. Punk, who was the #2 merchandise mover in the company behind John Cena while he was active with them, is still ranking in the top five and possibly as high as #3.
As previously reported, Steve Austin has said on his podcast that he didn’t receive any cut from merchandise sales during his time away from WWE following his walkout, suggesting that WWE has changed their tune on that topic (or at least has in the case of Punk).
– USAToday.com posted an article on WWE’s stock dropping. One investment manager said that the company is “overvalued”. Stockholders felt that the early WWE Network numbers (667,000 signups after WrestleMania 30) were underwhelming. That is the case and the internal feeling is that they expected more subscribers. They set an “easy” goal of one million subscribers by the end of the year but had hoped to be close to that number the day after WrestleMania 30.
– ComplexSports.com criticized WWE and the network for not putting together an Ultimate Warrior tribute after his death. The writer complained that WWE should be able to put together content faster now that they have a 24/7 Network.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Posted in: Featured
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Payback Results (5/17) - Fatal-4Way, 'I Quit'!</i> - May 17th, 2015
- REPORT: Samoa Joe Signs With WWE - May 17th, 2015
- Batista Rips WWE, Praises Titus O'Neil - Details - May 17th, 2015
- The Lineups For GFW's First Live Events Revealed - Details - May 17th, 2015
- Vince Russo Compares Lana & Rusev & Sable & Mero - May 17th, 2015
- <i>WWE Extreme Rules Results (4/26) - Rollins!</i> - April 26th, 2015
- <i>WRESTLEMANIA 31 RESULTS - MARCH 29TH, 2015!</i> - March 29th, 2015
- Report: Report: 3 Different WrestleMania 32 Main Event Ideas - March 29th, 2015
- Update: Rey Mysterio Denies Retirement Reports - Details Inside - March 29th, 2015
- Scotty 2 Hotty Upset With Rikishi's WWE Hall Of Fame Speech - Details - March 29th, 2015