By Ryan Clark on July 31, 2012
We reported last week that with the ratings success of the weekly “Legends” segments on RAW, WWE officials are strongly considering making the feature routine by having one former Superstar brought back on every show. In an update on this, the belief is that the re-emergence of former talent such as Vader, Sycho Sid and Bob Backlund caused part of a lapsed wrestling audience to tune in to WWE programming again.
Should WWE continue the angle, names most likely to resurface are Tatanka, Steve Blackman and Big Daddy V as we exclusively reported late last night here on the website. Those three and several other alumnus were contacted to appear on the 1,000th RAW event, but WWE officials ultimately changed their minds and limited the Heath Slater gang beating to the APA and those who had already participated in the storyline.
We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.
Source: The Wrestling Observer
Posted in: Featured
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE Payback Results (6/16) - 3 New Champions!</i> - June 16th, 2013
- Why The Undertaker Still Wrestles At WrestleMania - June 13th, 2013
- Backstage Update - WWE's New Concussion Policy - June 13th, 2013
- Backstage Update - Christian's WWE Return - June 13th, 2013
- Vince McMahon's Reaction To The Low RAW Rating - June 13th, 2013
- Report: Rey Mysterio’s Return Delayed Again - June 13th, 2013
- WWE Injury Update - The Big Show - June 13th, 2013
- TNA Slammiversary Results (6/2) - PPV On The Year? - June 2nd, 2013
- Update: Goldberg & Batista Not Headed To TNA - June 2nd, 2013
- Austin Aries 'Severely Fined' For Sexual Harassment - May 15th, 2013