By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- PWG Battle Of Los Angeles Quarterfinals Qualifiers - August 31st, 2014
- Chris Sabin's Goal Is To Wrestle For WWE, Talks TNA - August 31st, 2014
- Nine Teams Set For CHIKARA’s 2014 KOT Tourny - August 30th, 2014
- PWG Battle Of Los Angeles Night One Results - August 30th, 2014
- ABC Covers Inoki's North Korea Plans, DempsE - August 30th, 2014
- Updates: CHIKARA 2014 KOT Tourney + PWG/LA - August 30th, 2014
- Update: The Battle Of Los Angeles Tournament - August 29th, 2014
- Card For Tonight’s PWG 2014 Battle Of LA Tourny - August 29th, 2014
- Seven Teams Set For CHIKARA’s 2014 KOT Tourny - August 29th, 2014
- Talent Concerned With Lucha Undergound Contracts - August 28th, 2014