By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Updated PWS 'Fightmare Before Christmas' Card - December 19th, 2014
- VIDEO: Worlds Greatest Tag-Team Reunites At JAPW - December 19th, 2014
- IWA-MS Wrestler Asks Autistic Fan To Prom - Details - December 19th, 2014
- Tom Prichard’s Training Camp, Cabana vs. Pearce - December 19th, 2014
- Confirmed: JR/Striker To Call NJPW/GFW PPV - December 18th, 2014
- Alberto Del Rio's Third ROH Opponent Revealed - December 18th, 2014
- Chavo Guerrero Discusses Lucha Underground - December 18th, 2014
- Update: Del Rio's First & Second ROH Opponents - December 17th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett On A GFW vs. TNA 'War', Punk/UFC - December 16th, 2014
- Alberto Del Rio's First ROH Opponent Revealed - December 16th, 2014