By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- NJPW & ROH To Co-Promote Joint Shows In 2015? - November 23rd, 2014
- NJPW Tag League Day One Results 11/22/14 - November 22nd, 2014
- Backstage News - Why Billy Corgan Quit RPW? - November 21st, 2014
- The Updated Card For The ROH Final Battle PPV - November 21st, 2014
- Viewership #'s For Ep. 4 Of Lucha Underground - November 21st, 2014
- ROH Tapes TV Tomorrow - Matches Announced - November 21st, 2014
- VIDEO: Part Two Of GFW's Jim Ross Interview - November 20th, 2014
- Matt Striker Talks Lucha Underground, JR/Lawler - November 20th, 2014
- VIDEO: GFW Presents The Journey – Bullet Club - November 19th, 2014
- VIDEOS: Preview For Tonight’s Lucha Underground - November 19th, 2014