By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- EVOLVE News: Ricochet's Future, 35 Highlights - September 16th, 2014
- Updated List Of ROH Live Events Through January - September 16th, 2014
- Updated List Of Talent For House Of Hardcore 7 - September 16th, 2014
- <i>**SPOILERS** - Ep. 3 & 4 Of Lucha Underground</i> - September 15th, 2014
- OMEGA Returns This Weekend - The Hardy Boys - September 15th, 2014
- EVOLVE 35 iPPV Results 9.14.14 - September 15th, 2014
- Del Rio Makes AAA In-Ring Debut + EVOLVE Highlights - September 14th, 2014
- CZW Down With The Sickness iPPV Results - September 14th, 2014
- Notes From Last Night's Lucha Underground Taping - September 14th, 2014
- EVOLVE 34 iPPV Results, Tonight's EVOLVE 35 Card - September 14th, 2014