By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Former ROH Champion Takeshi Morishima Retires - April 21st, 2015
- A Complete List Of GFW Live Events Revealed - April 20th, 2015
- Update: ROH War Of The Worlds Night One Matches - April 20th, 2015
- Global Force Wrestling Announces First Live Events - April 20th, 2015
- Scotty 2 Hotty Discusses His Nickname, Career - April 19th, 2015
- Winners & Photos From 2015 Cauliflower Alley - April 19th, 2015
- Today's Birthdays, A New FIP World Heavyweight - April 19th, 2015
- Venue For Paragon Pro Wrestling's TV Tapings - April 18th, 2015
- ROH Releases Standing Room Only Tix For WOTW - April 17th, 2015
- ROH Cancels June Show In Florida - Details Inside - April 17th, 2015