By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- DDP, Hogan, Piper's Daughters' Starting Company - October 26th, 2016
- Update: FloSports Signs Streaming Deal With WWN Live - October 25th, 2016
- Chris Sabin Suffers Injury, WrestleCon 2017 Updates - October 24th, 2016
- Kenny Omega Discusses Career Accomplishments, G1 - October 23rd, 2016
- Report - Lucha Underground Set To Run Live Event - October 16th, 2016
- UFC Debuts An Awesome New Video UFC 205 - October 9th, 2016
- Molly Holly Discusses Her Early Training, The Nitro Girls - October 8th, 2016
- Cody Rhodes Discusses WWE vs. The Indies, His Creative Freedom, More - October 5th, 2016
- More GFW News - Travel Issues, 'Battlarts Academy' - October 4th, 2016
- GFW News - Attendance #'s, Ring Breaks, MVP - October 4th, 2016