By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- ROH To Announce A New Title Today, Alison Brie - August 30th, 2016
- Rhodes Faces Angle Over The Weekend, More - August 28th, 2016
- Adam Cole Discusses His Chemistry w/ Jay Lethal - August 19th, 2016
- Cole Praises Owens + Next Week's ROH Broadcast - August 18th, 2016
- The Weekend Schedule Of Upcoming Wrestling Events - August 17th, 2016
- Update On The ROH/CMLL Working Relationship - August 15th, 2016
- VIDEOS: Eva Marie’s 'Wardrobe Malfunction', ROH - August 15th, 2016
- ROH's Cheeseburger Speaks Out, Roa/Tonga - August 15th, 2016
- Who Are Kurt Angle's Favorite Wrestler's In WWE? - August 13th, 2016
- Revolution Pro UK Uprising Results 8.12.16 - August 13th, 2016