By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Kurt Angle Done With TNA, Set To Face Mysterio Next - February 12th, 2016
- Matt Striker Discusses Working For LU, Vampiro - February 12th, 2016
- Tonight's FIP iPPV Lineup + NJPW On AXS Matches - February 12th, 2016
- Former Wrestling Announcer Mark Nulty Passes Away - February 11th, 2016
- Ex-WWE Ref Fired From ROH (Sexual Harassment) - February 10th, 2016
- Official Preview For Tonight's Lucha Underground - February 10th, 2016
- Updates On The Next 3 House Of Hardcore Shows - February 10th, 2016
- **SPOILER** - ROH 14th Anniversary PPV Lineup - February 9th, 2016
- A Big Six-Man Tag Added To ROH's 14th Anniversary - February 9th, 2016
- Tonight's TNA iMPACT! Matches + EVOLVE/WM32 - February 9th, 2016