By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Kevin Nash Set For GFW's Weekend Live Events - August 27th, 2015
- Jeff Jarrett Says GFW Is Still Working On A TV Deal - August 27th, 2015
- TNA iMPACT! Rating Hits All-Time Low, ROH Rises - August 27th, 2015
- ROH Returning To Atlanta, GA Saturday - Lineup - August 27th, 2015
- VIDEOS: TNA Knockouts Calendar Cover Girl, More - August 27th, 2015
- Matches For Next Week’s CHIKARA King Of Trios - August 27th, 2015
- Would AJ Styles Jump Ship From NJPW To WWE? - August 27th, 2015
- Rapper Wale To Start A Wrestling Promotion? - August 26th, 2015
- Shelly: 'ROH Is Covering My Broken Teeth Bills!' - August 26th, 2015
- Various News: ROH Field Of Honor On VOD, WCCW - August 26th, 2015