By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Various News: Today's Birthdays, CHIKARA Events - October 24th, 2014
- Lineup For Tomorrow Night's ROH TV Tapings - October 24th, 2014
- CZW Holding No Ropes Barbed Wire At NY Show - October 24th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Jeff Jarrett's GFW Promotion - October 23rd, 2014
- The Lineup For Saturday's ROH TV Tapings - October 23rd, 2014
- Michael Elgin Posts ROH Letter - Legal Action? - October 23rd, 2014
- Report: Jeff Jarrett Meets With ROH Officials - October 23rd, 2014
- WWE Profiles A Current ROH Talent - Details - October 22nd, 2014
- Updates: Dreamer's Production Company, Styles - October 22nd, 2014
- Kenny Omega Discusses His Time In WWE, Holly - October 21st, 2014