By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Matt Hardy vs. El Patron Set For Wrestlefest XIX - March 3rd, 2015
- VIDEO: The Latest Episode Of PWS TV Inside Here - March 3rd, 2015
- PHOTOS: Mysterio/El Patron At AAA Presser Today - March 3rd, 2015
- ROH News: TV Tapings This Weekend, NJPW Tix - March 3rd, 2015
- Report: Tomasso Ciampa Injured At ROH PPV - March 3rd, 2015
- Lineups For EVOLVE's WM31 Weekend Events - March 3rd, 2015
- Samoa Joe's First ROH Return Match Revealed - March 3rd, 2015
- VIDEO: Samoa Joe Returns To ROH At The PPV - March 3rd, 2015
- The Updated House Of Hardcore VIII Card Inside - March 3rd, 2015
- Video Preview Tomorrow's Lucha Underground - March 3rd, 2015