By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Update: The GFW/NJPW Relationship & PPV Plans - October 1st, 2014
- British Sensation Ricki Starr Passes Away At 83 - October 1st, 2014
- ROH's Michael Elgin Returns To The United States - September 30th, 2014
- Lots Of Backstage EVOLVE & DGUSA News & Notes - September 30th, 2014
- Lots Of TNA Talent Set For House Of Hardcore VII - September 30th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett Returning To NJPW This Month - Details - September 30th, 2014
- Michael Elgin Set For Indy Event - Still In Canada - September 30th, 2014
- FWE Holds Two Big Events This Weekend - Details - September 29th, 2014
- Breaking News: Beyond Wrestling Event Cancelled - September 28th, 2014
- <i>*SPOILERS** ROH TV Results For The Next 4 Weeks</i> - September 27th, 2014