By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- MCW Tribute To The Legends Results 9.24.16 - September 26th, 2016
- New Matches Added To ROH All Star Extravaganza - September 25th, 2016
- Ciampa & Havoc Praise PROGRESS Wrestling, More - September 25th, 2016
- ROH Reloaded Tour Results 9.24.16: Duluth, GA - September 25th, 2016
- EVOLVE News - October Live Events, Gargano Video - September 21st, 2016
- House Of Hardcore Announces Their Maryland Debut - September 21st, 2016
- The Updated TNA Bound For Glory PPV Card - September 16th, 2016
- Report - Brandi & Cody Rhodes Sign With TNA - September 16th, 2016
- Backstage Report - Ricochet Leaving LU? - September 7th, 2016
- Tommaso Ciampa Suffers Graphic Injury At PWG BOLA - September 5th, 2016