By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- TNA iMPACT! & ROH Ratings Both Rise This Week - July 30th, 2015
- Rumor - A Women's Division Coming To ROH? - July 30th, 2015
- Backstage Update - ROH Loses Prime Time Slot - July 30th, 2015
- A Mixed Tag Match Added To TripleMania XXIII - July 30th, 2015
- VIDEO: Serena On Joining The Revolution + ROH - July 30th, 2015
- Gunner Interested In A WWE Debut?, Talks Faith - July 29th, 2015
- Big Matches Set For Northeast Wrestling Event - July 29th, 2015
- KUSHIDA vs. Sydal Added To The 8/21 ROH Event - July 29th, 2015
- A Trios Title Match Added To TripleMania XXIII - July 29th, 2015
- Tonight's Confirmed ROH, LU & NXT Matches - July 29th, 2015