By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Ex-TNA Talent Debuts A New Gimmick, Steen/WWE - July 28th, 2014
- Is Sinclair Open To Selling ROH?, Details Inside - July 28th, 2014
- Report: Top TNA Employee Jumping Ship To ROH? - July 28th, 2014
- Backstage News: WWE Nixes Bourne's ROH Return - July 27th, 2014
- The Updated Card For ROH's 'Field Of Honor' Event - July 27th, 2014
- PWG Results 7.26.14 - Reseda, California - July 27th, 2014
- VIDEOS: 'Bad Influence' Shoot Interview Preview - July 26th, 2014
- Tonight's PWG Lineup + 'Americanrana 2014', More - July 26th, 2014
- VIDEOS: Steen & Lawler Cut Promos On Each Other - July 26th, 2014
- Early iMPACT! Rating #'s, 'Survival Of The Fittest' - July 25th, 2014