By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- EVOLVE News - Eight Teams For The Tag Tourny. - November 30th, 2015
- VIDEOS: 'DDP Clause', Callihan's Indy Return - November 30th, 2015
- Update - Sami Callihan Returns To The Indies - November 30th, 2015
- WrestleCade Results 11.28: Winston-Salem, NC - November 30th, 2015
- The Mid-Atlantic Fanfest Returning To Charlotte - November 30th, 2015
- Three New Matches For ROH's Final Battle PPV - November 30th, 2015
- **SPOILER** Photos Of The New GFW Champion - November 30th, 2015
- NJPW World Tag League Day Six Results - November 30th, 2015
- Balls Mahoney In A Car Accident, Harley Race - November 30th, 2015
- EVOLVE News - Tag-Team Title Tournament, Gulak - November 29th, 2015