By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Chael Sonnen Discusses His Expectations For GFW - May 23rd, 2015
- Promoter Denies Hogan/Steiner Beef At His Show - May 23rd, 2015
- News On Tomorrow’s Lucha Libre World Cup iPPV - May 23rd, 2015
- The ROH/NJPW Events Now Available Via VOD - May 23rd, 2015
- The Lineup For Tonight’s NJPW On AXS TV - May 22nd, 2015
- New Japan Pro Wrestling BOTSJ Night 1Results - May 22nd, 2015
- Card For NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors Event - May 22nd, 2015
- Jeff Jarrett Attending The Lucha World Cup Event - May 21st, 2015
- ROH News - New Live Events Announced, Tickets - May 20th, 2015
- Tonight's LU Matches, EVOLVE Top 10 Video - May 20th, 2015