By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Backstage Update - Jeff Jarrett's Meeting With ROH - October 30th, 2014
- Report: GFW To Make Announcements Next Month? - October 30th, 2014
- VIDEO: Chavo Guerrero Talks Lucha Underground - October 29th, 2014
- Update: ROH’s Survival Of The Fittest Tourny. - October 29th, 2014
- Update: ROH Supercard Of Honor IX Event - October 29th, 2014
- WWNLive's WrestleMania 31 Weekend Plans - October 29th, 2014
- Lucha Underground Debuts Tonight - Matches - October 29th, 2014
- Tonight's TNA iMPACT! Matches, CZW Lineup - October 29th, 2014
- ROH Tag-Team Set For A Huge NJPW Push? - October 28th, 2014
- Ring Of Honor Announces Toy Licensing Deal - October 28th, 2014