By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- This Week's Lucha Underground Finale Ratings - July 22nd, 2016
- Matt Striker: 'LU Isn’t Trying To Compete With WWE!' - July 21st, 2016
- Cody Rhodes Confirmed For ROH 'Final Battle' PPV - July 20th, 2016
- Shark Boy’s Vest Stolen - Offers Reward For Return - July 18th, 2016
- ROH Final Battle Tickets Go On Sale This Week - July 17th, 2016
- Kevin Kelly Back w/ ROH Full-Time?, TV Tapings - July 17th, 2016
- Today's Beyond Wrestling & EVOLVE Lineups + NJPW - July 17th, 2016
- The Lineup For Tonight's Ring Of Honor TV Tapings - July 16th, 2016
- Will Ospreay Cuts A Promo On Vader (Video), More - July 12th, 2016
- Rhodes Jokes About Running For Office, Booker T - July 10th, 2016