By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- ROH Running The Former ECW Arena In January - November 25th, 2014
- Press Release: NJPW's New TV Series In The US - November 25th, 2014
- King Of The Indies Tourny Set For WM31 Weekend - November 25th, 2014
- The Updated Card For ROH Final Battle On 12/7 - November 25th, 2014
- AXS TV’s NJPW Series Premieres In January - November 25th, 2014
- Various News: NJPW PPV Update, Lucha Underground - November 24th, 2014
- NJPW Coming To AXS TV - Details Inside - November 24th, 2014
- NJPW & ROH To Co-Promote Joint Shows In 2015? - November 23rd, 2014
- NJPW Tag League Day One Results 11/22/14 - November 22nd, 2014
- Backstage News - Why Billy Corgan Quit RPW? - November 21st, 2014