By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Big FWE Event Set For 2/7 - Hardy, Sydal, Galloway - January 29th, 2015
- Report: New Japan World Hits 20,000 Subscribers - January 29th, 2015
- The Cards For This Weekend’s ROH Live Events - January 29th, 2015
- Cards For This Weekend’s NJPW Events - Details - January 29th, 2015
- Updated List Of Upcoming Pro Wrestling Books - January 29th, 2015
- Update: 2015 National Pro Wrestling Day Event - January 29th, 2015
- Jim Cornette Discusses Heat With Young Bucks - January 28th, 2015
- Alberto El Patron On Why He Didn't Sign w/ TNA - January 28th, 2015
- Free TNA Knockouts Match, Lucha Underground - January 28th, 2015
- El Patron To Face Jay Lethal For ROH's TV Title - January 28th, 2015