By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.
Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Matt Hardy Video + Wildkat Sport Secures TV Deal - May 29th, 2016
- Vader Criticizes NJPW BOSJ Match - Details Inside - May 29th, 2016
- Willie Mack Reveals What Happened With NXT - May 28th, 2016
- EVOLVE 63 Lineup, Free EVOLVE 45 Match Released - May 28th, 2016
- Ex-ROH Owner Cary Silkin To Confront Ric Flair - May 26th, 2016
- Willie Mack Talks Signing With Lucha Underground - May 26th, 2016
- Regular People Try Lucha Libre Wrestling (Video) - May 25th, 2016
- Noelle Foley Training At NYWC, Beyond Wrestling - May 23rd, 2016
- This Week's iMPACT! Lineup, LU Video Preview, ROH - May 23rd, 2016
- Report - Hiroshi Tanahashi Taking Some Time Off - May 22nd, 2016