By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
– Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
– NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
– NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- King Mo Returns To The Cage Tomorrow + Briscoes - June 18th, 2013
- VIDEO: AAA TripleMania XXI Now Posted Online - June 18th, 2013
- More On The AAA iPPV Issues, Al Green's Funeral - June 17th, 2013
- ROH Best In The World iPPV Card + FWE iPPV - June 17th, 2013
- Major AAA iPPV Issues Last Night - Show Never Airs - June 17th, 2013
- Complete AAA TripleMania XXI Results Inside Here - June 17th, 2013
- PWG Is Your Body Ready? Results: Reseda, CA - June 16th, 2013
- New NWA National Champion Crowned - Details - June 15th, 2013
- The ROH Best In The World iPPV Lineup Revealed - June 15th, 2013
- VIDEO: Jay Lethal Participating In A Charity Walk - June 15th, 2013