By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
— Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
— NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
— NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- El Rey To Increase Output For Lucha Underground - December 20th, 2016
- The Lineup For 1/4 NJPW WrestleKingdom 11 Event - December 20th, 2016
- EVOLVE News - 3 New Signings, Thatcher's Health - December 16th, 2016
- The Young Bucks Unlikely For 'Total Nonstop Deletion' - December 15th, 2016
- VIDEOS: Whatever Happened To Andy Douglas?, More - December 13th, 2016
- Report - WWE Offers Nigel McGuinness A Contract - December 13th, 2016
- Alberto Del Rio Involved In Backstage Fight In Mexico - December 12th, 2016
- Lineups For NJPW's Road To The Tokyo Dome Events - December 12th, 2016
- Update - Is Nigel McGuiness Really Gone From ROH? - December 12th, 2016
- Breaking News - Nigel McGuiness & ROH Part Ways - December 11th, 2016