By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
– Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
– NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
– NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- NJPW World Tag League Results (Day Five) - November 28th, 2014
- The 2015 PWHOF Inductees Announced - Details - November 28th, 2014
- Update: Tonight's Edition Of Lucha Underground - November 26th, 2014
- VIDEO: Hardy Boys vs. Young Bucks (Full Match) - November 26th, 2014
- ROH Running The Former ECW Arena In January - November 25th, 2014
- Press Release: NJPW's New TV Series In The US - November 25th, 2014
- King Of The Indies Tourny Set For WM31 Weekend - November 25th, 2014
- The Updated Card For ROH Final Battle On 12/7 - November 25th, 2014
- AXS TV’s NJPW Series Premieres In January - November 25th, 2014
- Various News: NJPW PPV Update, Lucha Underground - November 24th, 2014