By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
— Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
— NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
— NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- MCW Tribute To Legends 2015 Results - October 4th, 2015
- Jerry Jarrett On Working With Vince McMahon - October 3rd, 2015
- English Announcers For NJPW King Of Wrestling - October 3rd, 2015
- Updated House Of Hardcore Lineups For Philly & NYC - October 2nd, 2015
- Tier 1 Returning To Queens, LOTR This Weekend - October 2nd, 2015
- Molly Holly & Edge Resurface, SHINE 30 iPPV Card - October 2nd, 2015
- TNA iMPACT! Rating Rises, ROH Rating Drops - October 2nd, 2015
- Backstage ROH News - Jackson Injured, Strong - October 1st, 2015
- Report - ROH Stars Set For NJPW Tag League Tourn. - October 1st, 2015
- Report - Go Shiozaki Not Re-Signing With AJPW - October 1st, 2015