By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
– Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
– NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
– NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- CHIKARA King Of Trios Results 9/19 (Night One) - September 20th, 2014
- UPDATE: WWNLive Family Heading To China - September 19th, 2014
- TNA iMPACT! Tapings Tonight, CHIKARA KOT Tourny - September 19th, 2014
- Uhaa Nation To Make PWG Debut Next Month - September 18th, 2014
- ROH 13th Anniversary Show Set For Las Vegas, NV - September 18th, 2014
- Charlie Haas Coming Out Of Retirement - Details - September 18th, 2014
- AWF Promoter Paul Alperstein Passes Away At 58 - September 18th, 2014
- Flair/Steamboat Set For Big Time Wrestling Event - September 18th, 2014
- EVOLVE News: Ricochet's Future, 35 Highlights - September 16th, 2014
- Updated List Of ROH Live Events Through January - September 16th, 2014