By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
— Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
— NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
— NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- The Final Lineup For Tonight's ROH Final Battle PPV - December 2nd, 2016
- Final Lineup For The Ring Of Honor Final Battle PPV - November 28th, 2016
- Cody Rhodes Wins The GFW NEX*GEN Title - Photos - November 27th, 2016
- Colt Cabana On 'Finding Freedom' On The Indie Scene - November 27th, 2016
- Kevin Kelly On The PG Era Helping Women’s Wrestling - November 26th, 2016
- Matt Riddle Lists EVOLVE Title & Japan As Goals - November 26th, 2016
- WWN Live Announces New WWN Championship Belt - November 23rd, 2016
- Cody Rhodes Reveals His ROH Final Battle Opponent - November 20th, 2016
- Fish Pulled From Tonight's ROH Event + Attendance - November 20th, 2016
- Dawn Marie Calls Out CHIKARA Owner On Twitter - November 20th, 2016