By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
– Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
– NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
– NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- The Updated ROH Final Battle In NYC Card - December 4th, 2013
- Updates On Cliff Compton, Little Guido & Katie Lea - December 4th, 2013
- Jim Cornette Appearing At April’s Mid South Fanfest - December 4th, 2013
- VIDEO: Matt Hardy Hypes Match Against Hurricane - December 4th, 2013
- Insane Clown Posse's Show Renewed - Details - December 3rd, 2013
- Davey Richards Headed To EVOLVE?, Details - December 3rd, 2013
- Justin Credible Goes The Extra 1,300 Miles For Fans - December 2nd, 2013
- The First Extreme Rising Event Of 2014 Announced - December 2nd, 2013
- ROH Issues Statement On Davey Richards - Not Happy - December 2nd, 2013
- The Titor Corporation ‘Selling’ CHIKARA’s Assets - December 2nd, 2013