By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
– Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
– NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
– NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- A List Of Non-WWE Appearances At Comic-Con - July 22nd, 2014
- ROH Reveals Their Field Of Honor Main Event - July 22nd, 2014
- EVOLVE News: NYC Tix On Sale, Zack Sabre Jr. - July 22nd, 2014
- Updates: TNA British Boot Camp, Legends Fanfest - July 21st, 2014
- NJPW G1-Climax Tournament Results (Day One) - July 21st, 2014
- Huge Indy Event Set - Lawler vs. Steen, & More - July 21st, 2014
- Steel Domain Wrestling Report 7.19.14 - Hopkins, MN - July 20th, 2014
- <i>**SPOILERS** - The Next 4 Weeks Of ROH TV</i> - July 20th, 2014
- ROH Results 7.18.14: Cincinnati, Ohio - July 19th, 2014
- Extreme Rising Title Removed From Tonight’s MCW - July 19th, 2014