By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
— Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
— NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
— NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- TNA/ROH Idea Nixed, TNA/NJPW Relationship Ends - July 6th, 2015
- AJPW Legend To ROH, Weekend Live Event Card - July 6th, 2015
- Gladiator Championship Wrestling Set To Debut - July 6th, 2015
- Austin Aries Returning To Ring Of Honor - Details - July 6th, 2015
- KUSHIDA To Work The GFW Debut TV Tapings - July 6th, 2015
- The Schedule For G1 Tournament Matches - July 6th, 2015
- PHOTO: Huge Attendance At NJPW Dominion - July 5th, 2015
- Blocks For NJPW’s G1 Climax Tournament, More - July 5th, 2015
- NWA Streaming Service Is Now Online & Live - July 4th, 2015
- Update On Magnus' GFW Debut, Bennett/Japan - July 4th, 2015