By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
– Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
– NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
– NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Ex-TNA Talent Debuts A New Gimmick, Steen/WWE - July 28th, 2014
- Is Sinclair Open To Selling ROH?, Details Inside - July 28th, 2014
- Report: Top TNA Employee Jumping Ship To ROH? - July 28th, 2014
- Backstage News: WWE Nixes Bourne's ROH Return - July 27th, 2014
- The Updated Card For ROH's 'Field Of Honor' Event - July 27th, 2014
- PWG Results 7.26.14 - Reseda, California - July 27th, 2014
- VIDEOS: 'Bad Influence' Shoot Interview Preview - July 26th, 2014
- Tonight's PWG Lineup + 'Americanrana 2014', More - July 26th, 2014
- VIDEOS: Steen & Lawler Cut Promos On Each Other - July 26th, 2014
- Early iMPACT! Rating #'s, 'Survival Of The Fittest' - July 25th, 2014