By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
— Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
— NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
— NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Thursday Night's iMPACT! Ratings Drop, Honma Update - April 29th, 2017
- Report - Travis Flip Gordon Not Signing With iMPACT! - April 28th, 2017
- What If The Hardys Stayed With iMPACT! Wrestling? - April 28th, 2017
- Why Zack Sabre Jr. Was Pulled From NJPW Tour, Return - April 28th, 2017
- Backstage Rumor On Cody Rhodes Signing With ROH - April 28th, 2017
- Backstage Update - Eddie Edwards Undergoes Surgery - April 27th, 2017
- Confirmed - The World Of Sport TV Tapings Delayed - April 27th, 2017
- Lineups For The ROH/NJPW War Of The Worlds Tour - April 27th, 2017
- Lucha Underground Officially Returning On May 31st - April 27th, 2017
- Report - Jack Swagger Asking $4,000 Per Indy Event - April 27th, 2017