By Ryan Clark on January 23, 2013
– Takaaki Kidani announced today that he is resigning as chairman of NJPW at the shareholder’s meeting in September. Kidani is reportedly leaving the position because he wants to spend more time working with Bushiroad, the company that acquired NJPW in January of last year. Kidani will remain as the active sharehold owner of NJPW and will still work with them, but wanted to step down from the position of power.
– NJPW has also announced that they will be introducing their own English-based website in the near future. A Spanish-language version is in the works as well.
– NJPW has also revealed information on their plans for global expansion. Among those countries and regions that they are targeting are Europe, Mexico, Korea, Latin America, and Italy. Shinsuke Nakamura was in hand for the press conference and said he is willing to defend the IWGP Intercontinental Title anywhere.
Posted in: ROH News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Updated PWS 'Fightmare Before Christmas' Card - December 19th, 2014
- VIDEO: Worlds Greatest Tag-Team Reunites At JAPW - December 19th, 2014
- IWA-MS Wrestler Asks Autistic Fan To Prom - Details - December 19th, 2014
- Tom Prichard’s Training Camp, Cabana vs. Pearce - December 19th, 2014
- Confirmed: JR/Striker To Call NJPW/GFW PPV - December 18th, 2014
- Alberto Del Rio's Third ROH Opponent Revealed - December 18th, 2014
- Chavo Guerrero Discusses Lucha Underground - December 18th, 2014
- Update: Del Rio's First & Second ROH Opponents - December 17th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett On A GFW vs. TNA 'War', Punk/UFC - December 16th, 2014
- Alberto Del Rio's First ROH Opponent Revealed - December 16th, 2014