By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
– The second part of Kurt Angle’s appearance on Jim Ross’ Ross Report podcast is online, and you can listen to it below. Here are some highlights from the interview:
– Angle says that he’s interested in returning to WWE, but that he is in a difficult spot due to his current TNA contract because he can’t legally negotiate with WWE or speak with Vince McMahon, Triple H or Stephanie McMahon about a return. As such, he doesn’t know how interested WWE might be in him coming back. He did say that TNA has been good to him but noted that if he waits for his TNA deal to expire before approaching WWE, he could jeopardize his spot in TNA. He said that he would like to finish his career in WWE.
– He said that Dixie Carter and her family have been very good to him and that as much as he wants to help TNA, he wants to see what WWE offers him.
– When Ross brought up the Wellness policy, Angle said that a year ago he wouldn’t have passed a WWE physical as he was abusing alcohol, pain killers and Xanax. He said that he’s been clean for eleven months and would have no problem passing the company’s physical. ANgle added that he has read reports about him not being able to pass the exams but that his health is not an issue, including his recent injuries.
– Angle described his previous WWE run as being one where he messed up a good thing through his substance abuse. He said that McMahon was not able to trust him as the face of the company no matter how much he wanted to and while he used to blame Vince for that, he now blames himself. He said that if he does come back he wants to show those in charge that he’s cleaned up his life.
– When asked who he would like to work with in WWE, he said he would like to work with Daniel Bryan, CM Punk (if he ever returns), Cesaro, Roman Reigns, Rusev and Brock Lesnar.
– He also addressed Punk’s leaving the company, saying that he respected Punk’s decision but said he didn’t think Punk should burn his bridges. He added that Punk could become a part-timer like the Rock and do one-off dates for big paydays, which he should consider down the line.
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Angle: 'I Used To Take 65 Extra Strength Vicodin A Day!' - September 24th, 2016
- Updated TNA Bound For Glory Pay-Per-View Card - September 23rd, 2016
- Cody Rhodes Makes His TNA Debut, Santino Video - September 23rd, 2016
- Backstage Update - The Potential Sale Of TNA - September 22nd, 2016
- TNA Announces A New Bound For Glory Match - September 22nd, 2016
- EVOLVE News - October Live Events, Gargano Video - September 21st, 2016
- House Of Hardcore Announces Their Maryland Debut - September 21st, 2016
- It's Official - Brandi Rhodes Signs With TNA - September 19th, 2016
- Drew Galloway Discusses Being 'The Chosen One' - September 17th, 2016
- The Updated TNA Bound For Glory PPV Card - September 16th, 2016