By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
- The second part of Kurt Angle’s appearance on Jim Ross’ Ross Report podcast is online, and you can listen to it below. Here are some highlights from the interview:
- Angle says that he’s interested in returning to WWE, but that he is in a difficult spot due to his current TNA contract because he can’t legally negotiate with WWE or speak with Vince McMahon, Triple H or Stephanie McMahon about a return. As such, he doesn’t know how interested WWE might be in him coming back. He did say that TNA has been good to him but noted that if he waits for his TNA deal to expire before approaching WWE, he could jeopardize his spot in TNA. He said that he would like to finish his career in WWE.
- He said that Dixie Carter and her family have been very good to him and that as much as he wants to help TNA, he wants to see what WWE offers him.
- When Ross brought up the Wellness policy, Angle said that a year ago he wouldn’t have passed a WWE physical as he was abusing alcohol, pain killers and Xanax. He said that he’s been clean for eleven months and would have no problem passing the company’s physical. ANgle added that he has read reports about him not being able to pass the exams but that his health is not an issue, including his recent injuries.
- Angle described his previous WWE run as being one where he messed up a good thing through his substance abuse. He said that McMahon was not able to trust him as the face of the company no matter how much he wanted to and while he used to blame Vince for that, he now blames himself. He said that if he does come back he wants to show those in charge that he’s cleaned up his life.
- When asked who he would like to work with in WWE, he said he would like to work with Daniel Bryan, CM Punk (if he ever returns), Cesaro, Roman Reigns, Rusev and Brock Lesnar.
- He also addressed Punk’s leaving the company, saying that he respected Punk’s decision but said he didn’t think Punk should burn his bridges. He added that Punk could become a part-timer like the Rock and do one-off dates for big paydays, which he should consider down the line.
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- TNA Announces Their First TV Tapings For 2015 - November 25th, 2014
- TNA Reveals Their Final Four Shows On SpikeTV - November 25th, 2014
- Preview For TNA 'Thanksgiving Throwdown' - November 25th, 2014
- Dixie Carter Hyping UK Announcement, TNA/WWL - November 24th, 2014
- VIDEOS: Rockstar Spud Speaks + British Bootcamp - November 24th, 2014
- Backstage News For TNA Once They Switch Networks - November 22nd, 2014
- When Did The TNA/Spike Negotiations Fell Apart? - November 22nd, 2014
- Taz Confirms He'll Be Launching A Podcast In 2015 - November 22nd, 2014
- Robbie E/Brooke Amazing Race Update - Still In It? - November 21st, 2014
- Major 'Reboot' Of TNA Planned - Huge Updates - November 21st, 2014