By Ryan Clark on June 12, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
Several sources recently reported that TNA has been attempting to contact ROH talent to appear at their events. These talents included Bobby Fish, Kyle O’Reilly and Adam Cole, who are all under ROH contract.
However, according to sources in TNA and ROH, it’s not quite what it’s being made out to be. Jay Lethal, a former TNA champion, was contacted about working the Destination X-themed iMPACT! episode but turned it down because he was under contract. TNA is said to be contacting former champions for the event.
Davey Richards reportedly contacted reDragon (O’Reilly, Fish) about coming in to possibly face The Wolves at the event. However, both are under contract and can’t do it. TNA itself didn’t contact either man, as the call was said to be made “independently”. Richards seems like the most likely suspect as he trained O’Reilly. The Observer also named him as the culprit since he felt the TNA tag division was “weak”. Not a single TNA executive had a conversation with reDragon.
TNA has had talks with other talent who aren’t under ROH contracts “from time to time” (as well as talent contacting TNA) but it never went beyond talks.
A TNA source said: “All conversations with talents start with, ‘Are you under contract?’ If the answer is Yes, we don’t go any further, ever.’
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Nigel McGuinness’ Kickstarter Project, Roberts - January 24th, 2015
- Various News: How Old Is Russo?, SDW Tonight - January 24th, 2015
- Lineup For Tomorrow Night's ROH TV Tapings - January 23rd, 2015
- The Lineups For The CHIKARA & SHINE Events - January 23rd, 2015
- John Morrison Talks Lucha Underground, NXT - January 23rd, 2015
- Lineups For Tonight’s NJPW Shows On AXS TV - January 23rd, 2015
- Backstage News On El Patron & Lucha Underground - January 23rd, 2015
- Jim Ross/Lucha Underground Talks Fall Through - January 21st, 2015
- ROH Lineups + El Patron vs. Daniels Preview (Video) - January 21st, 2015
- ROH 13th Anniversary Main Event Revealed - January 21st, 2015