By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Matt Hardy Video + Wildkat Sport Secures TV Deal - May 29th, 2016
- Willie Mack Reveals What Happened With NXT - May 28th, 2016
- 2 Matches Confirmed For TNAs's Slammiversary PPV - May 26th, 2016
- A Big Ratings Rise For This Week's TNA iMPACT! - May 25th, 2016
- This Week's iMPACT! Lineup, LU Video Preview, ROH - May 23rd, 2016
- POP TV President: 'Relationship w/ TNA Is Amazing!' - May 23rd, 2016
- Report - Hiroshi Tanahashi Taking Some Time Off - May 22nd, 2016
- TNA Official On Production Studios Move, More - May 22nd, 2016
- Young Bucks Injured, Out Of NJPW's BOTSJ' - May 20th, 2016
- Lineup For Tonight's TNA ONO: Victory Road PPV - May 20th, 2016