By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Report: Will Ospreay Reportedly Signs With WWN Live - July 22nd, 2016
- This Week's Lucha Underground Finale Ratings - July 22nd, 2016
- Backstage Rumor - New TNA BFG Date Revealed? - July 21st, 2016
- Matt Striker: 'LU Isn’t Trying To Compete With WWE!' - July 21st, 2016
- VIDEOS: EC3, Drake & Galloway Talk BFG Playoffs - July 20th, 2016
- 3 Big Matches For This Thursday Night's iMPACT! - July 19th, 2016
- Shark Boy’s Vest Stolen - Offers Reward For Return - July 18th, 2016
- Hardy: 'TNA's Roster Is Leaving The Dream!', Morale - July 17th, 2016
- Backstage TNA News - Moose's Contract, Edwards - July 17th, 2016
- Today's Beyond Wrestling & EVOLVE Lineups + NJPW - July 17th, 2016