By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Mickie James On Getting Pregnant As A Wrestler - May 6th, 2016
- Chris Sabin Discusses His TNA Experience, MCMG - May 6th, 2016
- Mundo: LU Mexican TV Deal Is 'Extremely Important' - May 6th, 2016
- Ivelisse Is Grateful To Be In Lucha Underground - May 5th, 2016
- TNA Re-Signs Jessie Godderz To A New Deal - May 4th, 2016
- This Week's TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Rating Is In - May 4th, 2016
- The Young Bucks Discuss Their ROH Contracts, More - May 4th, 2016
- TNA Releases Best Of Asylum Years Volume 2 DVD - May 4th, 2016
- NJPW Wrestling Dontaku Results 5.03.16 - May 4th, 2016
- TNA Knockout Maria Kanellis Suffers A Broken Hand - May 3rd, 2016