By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- AUDIO: Mickie James Discusses TNA vs. WWE, WM - March 27th, 2015
- TNA Gets TV Clearance In Finland - Details Inside - March 27th, 2015
- The Official Preview For Tonight's TNA IMPACT! - March 27th, 2015
- TNA Signs Big TV Deal In Brazil - Details Inside - March 26th, 2015
- 'I'm With Spud' (Video), Aguayo Jr. Memorial T-Shirt - March 25th, 2015
- Backstage Update - Jarrett's GFW Plans & Future? - March 25th, 2015
- Josh Matthews Discusses Joining TNA, Vince, More - March 25th, 2015
- Taz’s Podcast To Air Live Next Week - Details - March 25th, 2015
- TNA Announces A 'Best Of Sting' DVD Collection - March 24th, 2015
- VIDEOS: EVOLVE 38 Highlights, Hardy's Latest - March 24th, 2015