By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Davey Richards/X-Division Title Plans?, AAA/TNA - April 24th, 2015
- TNA Official Takes A Shot At 'Rampage' Jackson - April 24th, 2015
- Who's Calling Tonight's iMPACT!?, A Big EC3 Push - April 24th, 2015
- EC3 Hypes Announcement (Video), iMPACT! Matches - April 24th, 2015
- VIDEO: Who Is New TNA Knockout Laura Dennis? - April 24th, 2015
- Backstage News On Two Recent TNA Departures - April 23rd, 2015
- Official Preview For Tomorrow’s TNA iMPACT! - April 23rd, 2015
- Backstage Update - Mysterio To Lucha Underground? - April 23rd, 2015
- Backstage Report - TNA Behind On Some Payments - April 23rd, 2015
- Shane Helms Discusses His New TNA Role, Future - April 22nd, 2015