By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Tyrus On His Career Highlights (Audio), Anderson - May 23rd, 2015
- Josh Matthews Takes Shot At WWE Over Samoa Joe - May 22nd, 2015
- Gail Kim Praises HHH, Vince 'Needs To Get A Clue' - May 22nd, 2015
- Dollhouse Added To TNA's Roster, TNA Releases? - May 22nd, 2015
- Corgan Reacts To iMPACT! Cancellation Reports - May 22nd, 2015
- Dixie Carter Hypes Tonight's Slammiversary 2014 - May 22nd, 2015
- Destination America To Air Slammiversary 2014 - May 22nd, 2015
- Kurt Angle To Be Honored By NWHOF - Details - May 22nd, 2015
- TNA Issues Statement On Cancellation Reports - May 21st, 2015
- Report: Billy Corgan Surprising People In TNA - May 21st, 2015