By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Backstage Update - Total Nonstop Deletion Postponed - October 27th, 2016
- Bischoff On Corgan’s Battle With TNA: 'It’s A Mess' - October 27th, 2016
- Notes & Videos From Today's Corgan vs. TNA Hearing - October 26th, 2016
- Major Updates - Billy Corgan's Lawsuit Against TNA - October 26th, 2016
- DDP, Hogan, Piper's Daughters' Starting Company - October 26th, 2016
- Major Update - Billy Corgan's Lawsuit Against TNA - October 25th, 2016
- Update: FloSports Signs Streaming Deal With WWN Live - October 25th, 2016
- TNA Files Legal Response To Billy Corgan’s Lawsuit - October 24th, 2016
- Another Lawsuit Filed Against TNA - Details - October 24th, 2016
- Chris Sabin Suffers Injury, WrestleCon 2017 Updates - October 24th, 2016