By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Report - Ricochet (Prince Puma) Gone From LU - June 28th, 2016
- Updated 8/6 House Of Hardcore Lineup + LU Preview - June 28th, 2016
- Talent For Wrestlecon 2017 + Mysterio/LU, More - June 28th, 2016
- Russo Contacted POP TV & DA Behind TNA's Back? - June 27th, 2016
- The NJPW G1 Climax Participants & Key Matches - June 27th, 2016
- Scott Hall Discusses Decision To Quit WCW, Regrets? - June 26th, 2016
- Hernandez Involved In Backstage Brawl At Indy Event - June 26th, 2016
- Vader vs. Ospreay Set For Revolution Pro Event - June 26th, 2016
- Konnan: 'LAX Were Inspired By Public Enemy!' - June 26th, 2016
- Matt Striker On The Differences Between WWE & LU - June 25th, 2016