By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Report: WWE & Others Interested In Samoa Joe - February 26th, 2015
- Various News: DiBiase/Cornette, Robbie E./Godderz - February 26th, 2015
- Russo Continues To Deny Lucha Underground Reports - February 26th, 2015
- Backstage News On Samoa Joe's TNA Departure - February 26th, 2015
- TNA To Tape 7-8 Episodes Of iMPACT! In March - February 26th, 2015
- Booker T To Work MCW Event, Sabu/Taz Podcast - February 26th, 2015
- Update: ESPN Special On The Von Erich Family - February 26th, 2015
- Free Match: The Young Bucks vs. The Hardys - February 26th, 2015
- Backstage News: Russo's Lucha Underground Status - February 25th, 2015
- Update On The Samoa Joe vs. Punk Match Tease - February 25th, 2015