By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Matt Striker Discusses Working For LU, Vampiro - February 12th, 2016
- Tonight's FIP iPPV Lineup + NJPW On AXS Matches - February 12th, 2016
- Raquel Claims She Was Assaulted During A Match - February 11th, 2016
- Last Night's TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Rating Is In - February 10th, 2016
- Official Preview For Tonight's Lucha Underground - February 10th, 2016
- Updates On The Next 3 House Of Hardcore Shows - February 10th, 2016
- The TNA/UK Attendance, Reby Sky To Wrestle In TNA? - February 10th, 2016
- James Storm Reveals Dream Opponent, WWE Future - February 9th, 2016
- Tonight's TNA iMPACT! Matches + EVOLVE/WM32 - February 9th, 2016
- Lynn Works The ROH TV Tapings, Kobra Moon To LU - February 8th, 2016