By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Frankie Kazarian Discusses Samoa Joe In NXT - August 1st, 2015
- Angle Compares Cena's Reaction To 'You Suck' - July 31st, 2015
- Tons Of Free GFW Tickets Handed Out, NJPW/AXS - July 31st, 2015
- James Storm & TNA Wrestling Part Ways - Details - July 31st, 2015
- TNA Bound For Glory Tickets On Sale Today - July 31st, 2015
- Backstage Update - TNA Actually Fired MVP - July 31st, 2015
- Talent Set For The Next Set Of GFW TV Tapings - July 31st, 2015
- <i>**SPOILERS** TNA iMPACT! Taping Results</i> - July 31st, 2015
- The TNA Bound For Glory Main Event Announced - July 31st, 2015
- Angelina Love & Davey Richards Expecting Child - July 30th, 2015