By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Rhyno Discusses His Three Top Bosses & TNA - November 30th, 2015
- Pop TV President Excited To Have iMPACT!, More - November 30th, 2015
- VIDEOS: Rockstar Spud Meets A Fan, iMPACT! - November 30th, 2015
- **SPOILER** Photos Of The New GFW Champion - November 30th, 2015
- VIDEO: Kurt Angle Reveals Best Friends In WWE - November 29th, 2015
- VIDEOS: Kurt Angle's 'Retirement' + iMPACT! - November 29th, 2015
- VIDEOS: Tessmacher's New Job + TNA Contest - November 29th, 2015
- Report - POP TV Not Paying TNA To Air iMPACT? - November 29th, 2015
- Announcement - TNA Cancels Indian Tour - November 28th, 2015
- TNA World Series Updates - Standings & Round 2 - November 28th, 2015