By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Jeff Jarrett To 'Tell All' Tomorrow On iMPACT! - June 30th, 2015
- Updated House Of Hardcore 9 Lineup Revealed - June 30th, 2015
- PWI No Longer Recognizing The TNA World Title - June 30th, 2015
- Storm & Magnus React To Their Last TNA Match - June 30th, 2015
- Chris Masters Discusses A Possible WWE Return - June 30th, 2015
- Jim Ross Blogs: TNA's Slammiversary PPV, GFW/TNA - June 29th, 2015
- Released TNA Talents Set For 'Invasion' Angle? - June 29th, 2015
- Tyrus Discusses Rhodes, Cena's RAW Reference - June 29th, 2015
- Mickie James Wants To Work With Paige, More - June 29th, 2015
- Magnus Gone From TNA, Headed To GFW - June 29th, 2015