By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Sony SIX Helping To Finance TNA's Trip To India - October 8th, 2015
- Standings & Rules For TNA’s World Title Series - October 8th, 2015
- Robbie E Challenges NFL Player To A TNA iMPACT! Match - October 8th, 2015
- TNA Announces New Tapings For Their UK Tour - October 7th, 2015
- Galloway: 'Many Fans Who Hate TNA Don’t Watch!' - October 7th, 2015
- Several Competitors For TNA's World Title Series - October 7th, 2015
- Major Update - The Future Of The TNA World Title - October 7th, 2015
- **SPOILERS** - Unaired TNA Matches Taped - October 7th, 2015
- Backstage Update - When Did TNA Plan Title Angle? - October 7th, 2015
- Report - TNA In Talks w/ Multiple Cable Networks - October 6th, 2015