By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Thursday Night's iMPACT! Ratings Drop, Honma Update - April 29th, 2017
- Report - Travis Flip Gordon Not Signing With iMPACT! - April 28th, 2017
- What If The Hardys Stayed With iMPACT! Wrestling? - April 28th, 2017
- Why Zack Sabre Jr. Was Pulled From NJPW Tour, Return - April 28th, 2017
- Backstage Rumor On Cody Rhodes Signing With ROH - April 28th, 2017
- Backstage Update - Eddie Edwards Undergoes Surgery - April 27th, 2017
- Confirmed - The World Of Sport TV Tapings Delayed - April 27th, 2017
- Lineups For The ROH/NJPW War Of The Worlds Tour - April 27th, 2017
- Lucha Underground Officially Returning On May 31st - April 27th, 2017
- Report - Jack Swagger Asking $4,000 Per Indy Event - April 27th, 2017