By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Did Robbie & Tessmacher Win 'The Amazing Race'? - December 20th, 2014
- Dixie Carter Set To Appear On Jim Ross’ Podcast - December 19th, 2014
- Confirmed: Matthews Joins TNA's Broadcast Team - December 18th, 2014
- Confirmed: JR/Striker To Call NJPW/GFW PPV - December 18th, 2014
- What's The Plan For Jeff Jarrett's GFW Promotion? - December 18th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett On GFW’s Vision, WrestleKingdom - December 18th, 2014
- VIDEO: TNA's 'Destination Home' With EC3 - December 18th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett Talks TNA Lasting This Long, More - December 18th, 2014
- Chavo Guerrero Discusses Lucha Underground - December 18th, 2014
- How Much Money Is TNA Offering Del Rio?, Details - December 17th, 2014