By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- The Lineup For TNA's Bound For Glory Tour - August 28th, 2015
- Confirmed Matches For Tonight’s NJPW On AXS TV - August 28th, 2015
- The GFW Weekend Schedule Released - Matches - August 28th, 2015
- Dreamer Added To TNA's Bound For Glory Tour - August 28th, 2015
- Kevin Nash Set For GFW's Weekend Live Events - August 27th, 2015
- Brooke: 'Gail Is The Toughest Knockout I've Faced!' - August 27th, 2015
- Jeff Jarrett Says GFW Is Still Working On A TV Deal - August 27th, 2015
- TNA iMPACT! Rating Hits All-Time Low, ROH Rises - August 27th, 2015
- VIDEOS: TNA Knockouts Calendar Cover Girl, More - August 27th, 2015
- Would AJ Styles Jump Ship From NJPW To WWE? - August 27th, 2015