By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- TNA To Tape A Ton Of Footage In January, TNA/Corgan - December 2nd, 2016
- The Very Latest On The Billy Corgan vs. TNA Lawsuit - November 28th, 2016
- Cody Rhodes Wins The GFW NEX*GEN Title - Photos - November 27th, 2016
- Helms: 'TNA May Not Need To Rebrand!', WWE Return? - November 27th, 2016
- TNA Knockouts Title Match Set For Next Week’s iMPACT! - November 26th, 2016
- This Week's TNA iMPACT! Rating Rises - Details - November 19th, 2016
- Will Ospreay: 'I Do Need To Slow Down In The Ring!' - November 14th, 2016
- VIDEO: The Hardy Boyz' From Last Night's iMPACT! - November 11th, 2016
- VIDEO: Cornette's Election Day Address: 'Dump Trump' - November 9th, 2016
- Dixie Carter Holds A Conference Call - Big Changes - November 9th, 2016