By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Corgan: 'I Have Complete Creative Control In TNA!' - August 26th, 2016
- James Storm Says He's One Again Quit TNA - August 18th, 2016
- Billy Corgan Discuses His New Role In TNA, & More - August 16th, 2016
- Lawler To Face Jarrett, Liger & Hardy Set For NEW - August 16th, 2016
- Update On The ROH/CMLL Working Relationship - August 15th, 2016
- Robbie E. Discusses Why WWE's Never Hired Him - August 14th, 2016
- Big **SPOILER** From The TNA iMPACT! Tapings - August 14th, 2016
- Angle Challenges McGregor To Take Bumps - August 13th, 2016
- This Week's TNA iMPACT! Ratings + Preview, More - August 13th, 2016
- Who Are Kurt Angle's Favorite Wrestler's In WWE? - August 13th, 2016