By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Drew Galloway Pulled From TNA Bound For Glory - September 30th, 2016
- Billy Corgan & Dixie Carter Tweet On BFG Status - September 30th, 2016
- Matt Hardy Reacts To Being 'Electrocuted' On iMPACT! - September 30th, 2016
- Report - Eric Bischoff Threatens To Sue Matt Hardy - September 30th, 2016
- The Hardy Boys Discuss The TNA Sale Rumors, Corgan - September 30th, 2016
- Dixie Carter Comments On The TNA Sale Rumors - September 30th, 2016
- Brandi Rhodes Reveals Why She Signed With TNA, Cody Rhodes - September 30th, 2016
- Dixie Carter Making 'A Mess' Of Sale Negotiations - September 29th, 2016
- Bischoff: 'TNA's Sale Rumors Are Complete Chaos' - September 28th, 2016
- AUDIO: Billy Corgan Discusses The Future Of TNA, BFG - September 28th, 2016