By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- TNA Giving Some Wrestlers Per-Day Agreements - September 16th, 2014
- Can Jeff Hardy To Travel To Bound For Glory?, More - September 15th, 2014
- Several More TNA Employees To Finish Up This Week - September 15th, 2014
- TNA's New 'Legends' Show (Pic), Sorensen Retires - September 15th, 2014
- Backstage News On Bully Ray's TNA Contract - September 15th, 2014
- Daniels & Kaz Shoot - TNA’s Creative Team & Russo - September 15th, 2014
- Tito Ortiz Reacts To His Time In TNA - Details - September 15th, 2014
- Gail Kim Featured, iMPACT! Tapings This Week - September 15th, 2014
- Huge Matches Set For Wednesday's TNA iMPACT! - September 15th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Bully Ray's Contract & Future - September 14th, 2014