By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
The following is from TMZ.com:
TNA Wrestling’s flagship show “Impact Wrestling” could soon be without a home — Spike TV quietly let the league know it’s not renewing their TV contract … TMZ has learned.
Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the deal … tell us Spike execs contacted TNA President Dixie Carter this week to break the news — and the following day Carter informed members of her inner circle.
TNA’s current deal with Spike reportedly runs through October. It’s unclear at this point when “Impact Wrestling” will stop airing on Spike.
We’re told there’s no bad blood, and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal.
TNA’s show debuted on Spike TV in October 2005 — and helped the league rise to #2 on the wrestling scene … behind the WWE.
We’ve called TNA and Spike for comment … so far, no word back.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Did Robbie E./Brooke Tessmacher Survive On TAR? - November 29th, 2014
- AUDIO: King Mo Not Sure About His TNA Future - November 28th, 2014
- How Does Destination America Do Ratings-Wise? - November 28th, 2014
- PHOTO: Ex Knockout Wins Body Building Contest - November 28th, 2014
- Backstage News - The TNA Announce Team Change - November 27th, 2014
- Happy Thanksgiving From The Entire PWS Staff! - November 27th, 2014
- TNA iMPACT! To Air Live On Destination America? - November 27th, 2014
- VIDEOS: Watch TNA's 'Thanksgiving Throwdown' - November 27th, 2014
- Jeff Hardy Able To Take Indy Dates?, Asking Price? - November 27th, 2014
- Backstage Report - A Major TNA Announcing Change? - November 27th, 2014