By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- TNA Announces Their First TV Tapings For 2015 - November 25th, 2014
- TNA Reveals Their Final Four Shows On SpikeTV - November 25th, 2014
- Preview For TNA 'Thanksgiving Throwdown' - November 25th, 2014
- Dixie Carter Hyping UK Announcement, TNA/WWL - November 24th, 2014
- VIDEOS: Rockstar Spud Speaks + British Bootcamp - November 24th, 2014
- Backstage News For TNA Once They Switch Networks - November 22nd, 2014
- When Did The TNA/Spike Negotiations Fell Apart? - November 22nd, 2014
- Taz Confirms He'll Be Launching A Podcast In 2015 - November 22nd, 2014
- Robbie E/Brooke Amazing Race Update - Still In It? - November 21st, 2014
- Major 'Reboot' Of TNA Planned - Huge Updates - November 21st, 2014