By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Rumor Killer - Is Havok Gone From TNA Wrestling? - January 24th, 2015
- Bully Ray Reacts To Velvet Sky's 'Firing' From TNA - January 24th, 2015
- Dixie Carter Reacts To Velvet Sky's TNA 'Firing' - January 24th, 2015
- Monster's Ball On Next Week's iMPACT! + Video - January 24th, 2015
- Today's TNA Programming On Destination America - January 24th, 2015
- **SPOILERS** - Angle's Thoughts On Foxcatcher - January 23rd, 2015
- Would Daniels Consider A TNA Return?, More - January 23rd, 2015
- Updates On Next Week's Maximum iMPACT! Tour - January 23rd, 2015
- TNA Programming Today On Destination America - January 23rd, 2015
- Tonight's iMPACT! Matches, Big TNA-UK Match - January 23rd, 2015