By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Thursday Night's iMPACT! Ratings Drop, Honma Update - April 29th, 2017
- Report - Travis Flip Gordon Not Signing With iMPACT! - April 28th, 2017
- What If The Hardys Stayed With iMPACT! Wrestling? - April 28th, 2017
- Why Zack Sabre Jr. Was Pulled From NJPW Tour, Return - April 28th, 2017
- Backstage Rumor On Cody Rhodes Signing With ROH - April 28th, 2017
- Backstage Update - Eddie Edwards Undergoes Surgery - April 27th, 2017
- Confirmed - The World Of Sport TV Tapings Delayed - April 27th, 2017
- Lineups For The ROH/NJPW War Of The Worlds Tour - April 27th, 2017
- Lucha Underground Officially Returning On May 31st - April 27th, 2017
- Report - Jack Swagger Asking $4,000 Per Indy Event - April 27th, 2017