By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- EC3 Gets 'Legal Injunction' Against Hardys/Dixie - October 5th, 2015
- Gunner: 'I'm Interested In WWE Run', Recent Talks? - October 5th, 2015
- Lucha Underground Season Two TV Taping Start - October 5th, 2015
- Vince Russo Discusses TNA's Future & TV Tapings - October 5th, 2015
- Matt Hardy Reacts To TNA World Title Win - Video - October 5th, 2015
- Dixie Carter's 'Huge Announcement' Is ...? - October 5th, 2015
- Live Report From Last Night's Bound For Glory - October 5th, 2015
- Jim Ross Blogs On Last Night's Bound For Glory - October 5th, 2015
- The Lineups For TNA's Live Events On 10/29 -11/1 - October 5th, 2015
- TNA Talent Upset Backstage At Bound For Glory - October 5th, 2015