By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Final Original Episode Of iMPACT! On Spike Rating - November 20th, 2014
- A Major Backstage Update On TNA's New TV Deal - November 20th, 2014
- VIDEO: Part Two Of GFW's Jim Ross Interview - November 20th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett Reacts To TNA's iMPACT! TV Deal, GFW - November 20th, 2014
- Dixie Carter Thanks The Fans For Their Support - November 20th, 2014
- Backstage Reaction To TNA's New iMPACT! TV Deal - November 20th, 2014
- Update On TNA's New TV Deal - Dixie Thanks Spike - November 19th, 2014
- Spike TV President Issues Statement On TNA - November 19th, 2014
- VIDEO: GFW Presents The Journey – Bullet Club - November 19th, 2014
- Presser - iMPACT! Moving To Destination America - November 19th, 2014