By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Angle To Be Inducted Into International Sports HOF - February 13th, 2016
- Kurt Angle Done With TNA, Set To Face Mysterio Next - February 12th, 2016
- Matt Hardy Reads Mean Tweets (‘Internet Nobodies') - February 12th, 2016
- Matt Striker Discusses Working For LU, Vampiro - February 12th, 2016
- Tonight's FIP iPPV Lineup + NJPW On AXS Matches - February 12th, 2016
- Raquel Claims She Was Assaulted During A Match - February 11th, 2016
- Last Night's TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Rating Is In - February 10th, 2016
- Official Preview For Tonight's Lucha Underground - February 10th, 2016
- Updates On The Next 3 House Of Hardcore Shows - February 10th, 2016
- The TNA/UK Attendance, Reby Sky To Wrestle In TNA? - February 10th, 2016