By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Dixie Carter Thanks UK Fans, Taz Podcast?, LAX - October 22nd, 2014
- VIDEO: Kurt Angle Provides An Update On Status - October 22nd, 2014
- Matt Hardy: 'TNA Has Improved Their Product' - October 22nd, 2014
- Updates: Dreamer's Production Company, Styles - October 22nd, 2014
- VIDEO: SoCal Val On Working As A Rosebud - October 22nd, 2014
- Report: Eric Bischoff-TNA Contract Issues? - October 21st, 2014
- Official Preview For Tomorrow Night's IMPACT! - October 21st, 2014
- The Latest On TNA's Television Negotiations - October 21st, 2014
- Bobby Lashley Fights This Friday, Roode/Lashley - October 21st, 2014
- Al Snow Talks TNA vs. WWE, Six-Sided Ring & More - October 20th, 2014