By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Update: Robbie E./Tessmacher On Amazing Race - October 25th, 2014
- Matt Hardy Says He Still Makes 'Fantastic Money' - October 25th, 2014
- Tyrus Discusses His Team With EC3, iMPACT! - October 24th, 2014
- Bobby Lashley Wins Bellator 130 Fight - Video - October 24th, 2014
- Lashley Returns To MMA Tonight At Bellator - October 24th, 2014
- Ex-TNA Knockout Set For 'Extreme Cheapskates' - October 23rd, 2014
- Gail Kim Praises TNA's Knockouts, BFG/Tokyo - October 23rd, 2014
- This Week's TNA IMPACT! Rating Is In - Details - October 23rd, 2014
- Backstage Update - Jeff Jarrett's GFW Promotion - October 23rd, 2014
- TNA iMPACT! Rating Rebounds, Bully Ray Tweets - October 23rd, 2014