By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- TNA iMPACT! Rating Continues To Drop - Details - March 3rd, 2015
- Dixie Carter Congratulates Hulk Hogan - Details - March 2nd, 2015
- AJ Styles On Samoa Joe's ROH Return, Styles Clash - March 2nd, 2015
- Mr. Anderson Reacts To Samoa Joe's TNA Departure - March 2nd, 2015
- Report: Rey Mysterio Only Interested In AAA & LU? - March 2nd, 2015
- Update: Vince Russo Quits 'Pyro & Ballyhoo' Site - March 1st, 2015
- Two Long-Time TNA Producers Leave The Company - March 1st, 2015
- TNA One Night Only PPV & 'Greatest Matches' Show - March 1st, 2015
- Christopher Daniels Discusses Samoa Joe In WWE - March 1st, 2015
- Vince Russo Parts Ways With Pyro & Ballyhoo Site - February 28th, 2015