By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Backstage Update - Bully Ray's Contract & Future - September 14th, 2014
- TNA Taping iMPACT! This Week + Rumored Plans - September 14th, 2014
- TNA Begins Work On A New Series Last Week - September 14th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Jeff Jarrett & GFW - September 13th, 2014
- Report: 2 Names Added To TNA Bound For Glory - September 13th, 2014
- Chris Melendez On His TNA Plans, Having One Leg - September 13th, 2014
- EC3 Discusses His Character, Angelina Love's BDay - September 13th, 2014
- Team 3D Academy Breast Cancer Event Tomorrow - September 12th, 2014
- Last Night's TNA iMPACT! Rating Is In - Details - September 11th, 2014
- Chris Melendez Talks Losing Leg In Iraq, TNA, More - September 11th, 2014