By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- VIDEO: Rockstar Spud 'Banned' From TNA's HQ - October 29th, 2014
- A Rumor Killer On A New TNA TV Deal, EC3 Note - October 29th, 2014
- Tonight's TNA iMPACT! Matches, CZW Lineup - October 29th, 2014
- Report: Kurt Angle & TNA Agree To A New Deal - October 28th, 2014
- Official Preview For Tomorrow Night's iMPACT! - October 28th, 2014
- CHIKARA Returns To iPPV + iMPACT! Matches - October 28th, 2014
- VIDEO: A TNA British Boot Camp 2 Breakdown - October 27th, 2014
- Early Preview For Tonight's WWE RAW Broadcast - October 27th, 2014
- AUDIO: AJ Styles On Turning Down WWE, TNA - October 26th, 2014
- TNA References Bobby Lashley's Bellator 130 Win - October 26th, 2014