By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- DDP, Hogan, Piper's Daughters' Starting Company - October 26th, 2016
- Major Update - Billy Corgan's Lawsuit Against TNA - October 25th, 2016
- Update: FloSports Signs Streaming Deal With WWN Live - October 25th, 2016
- TNA Files Legal Response To Billy Corgan’s Lawsuit - October 24th, 2016
- Another Lawsuit Filed Against TNA - Details - October 24th, 2016
- Chris Sabin Suffers Injury, WrestleCon 2017 Updates - October 24th, 2016
- Kenny Omega Discusses Career Accomplishments, G1 - October 23rd, 2016
- Report - Lucha Underground Set To Run Live Event - October 16th, 2016
- Update - More TNA Pay Issus & Lawsuits Coming? - October 14th, 2016
- TNA Pulled Music Over Licensing Pay Issues? - October 14th, 2016