By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Lashley On Choosing TNA Over WWE, iMPACT! Preview - October 1st, 2014
- Another New TNA Bound For Glory PPV Match - September 30th, 2014
- Lots Of TNA Talent Set For House Of Hardcore VII - September 30th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett Returning To NJPW This Month - Details - September 30th, 2014
- Updated TNA Bound For Glory Card - 7 Matches Set - September 29th, 2014
- Report: A 'Major' GFW Announcement Coming? - September 29th, 2014
- Breaking News: New TNA Bound For Glory Matches - September 29th, 2014
- Report: Jeff Jarrett's GFW To Hold First PPV Event - September 29th, 2014
- Ex-TNA Knockout Joins Cast Of VH1 Reality Series - September 29th, 2014
- Kurt Angle On His Talk w/ Vince, Retirement, TNA - September 29th, 2014