By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Matt Hardy Interested In Facing Bray Wyatt, More - July 27th, 2016
- VIDEOS: TNA Looks At 'Moose' + AAW Trailer Video - July 27th, 2016
- Hardy: 'I Want To End Career Against 'Taker At WM!' - July 25th, 2016
- VIDEOS: Jeff Hardy's Bizarre Behavior At Indy Event - July 24th, 2016
- Backstage Report: Will Ospreay Signs w/ WWN Live - July 23rd, 2016
- This Week's Lucha Underground Finale Ratings - July 22nd, 2016
- Backstage Rumor - New TNA BFG Date Revealed? - July 21st, 2016
- Matt Striker: 'LU Isn’t Trying To Compete With WWE!' - July 21st, 2016
- VIDEOS: EC3, Drake & Galloway Talk BFG Playoffs - July 20th, 2016
- 3 Big Matches For This Thursday Night's iMPACT! - July 19th, 2016