By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- The NJPW G1 Climax Participants & Key Matches - June 27th, 2016
- Scott Hall Discusses Decision To Quit WCW, Regrets? - June 26th, 2016
- Hernandez Involved In Backstage Brawl At Indy Event - June 26th, 2016
- Vader vs. Ospreay Set For Revolution Pro Event - June 26th, 2016
- Konnan: 'LAX Were Inspired By Public Enemy!' - June 26th, 2016
- Matt Striker On The Differences Between WWE & LU - June 25th, 2016
- Ospreay Reacts To His Ricochet Match Criticisms - June 25th, 2016
- Magnus: 'TNA Didn't Believe I Had A Concussion!' - June 25th, 2016
- Ken Anderson Discusses WWE Main Roster Debut - June 24th, 2016
- Lucha Underground Offers Prince Puma Huge Deal - June 23rd, 2016