By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- **SPOILER** - Jeff Hardy's TNA Status & Return - July 28th, 2015
- NJPW G1 Climax Day 6 Results 7.28.15 - July 28th, 2015
- <i>**SPOILERS** TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Results</i> - July 27th, 2015
- VIDEO: 37 Hours Of L. Underground In 37 Minutes - July 27th, 2015
- Shinsuke Nakamura Injured In G-1 Climax Bout - July 26th, 2015
- <i>**SPOILERS** - GFW Amped TV Taping Results</i> - July 25th, 2015
- Photos & Videos From The GFW TV Tapings - July 25th, 2015
- TNA Now Pulling Hulk Hogan From Its Website - July 25th, 2015
- Official GFW Announce Team Revealed - Details - July 24th, 2015
- <i>Breaking Report - Bully Ray Gone From TNA Again</i> - July 24th, 2015