By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Mickie James On Getting Pregnant As A Wrestler - May 6th, 2016
- Chris Sabin Discusses His TNA Experience, MCMG - May 6th, 2016
- Mundo: LU Mexican TV Deal Is 'Extremely Important' - May 6th, 2016
- Ivelisse Is Grateful To Be In Lucha Underground - May 5th, 2016
- TNA Re-Signs Jessie Godderz To A New Deal - May 4th, 2016
- This Week's TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Rating Is In - May 4th, 2016
- The Young Bucks Discuss Their ROH Contracts, More - May 4th, 2016
- TNA Releases Best Of Asylum Years Volume 2 DVD - May 4th, 2016
- NJPW Wrestling Dontaku Results 5.03.16 - May 4th, 2016
- TNA Knockout Maria Kanellis Suffers A Broken Hand - May 3rd, 2016