By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Al Snow Talks TNA vs. WWE, Six-Sided Ring & More - October 20th, 2014
- TNA British Boot Camp 2 Premiere Details Inside - October 19th, 2014
- VIDEO: Austin Aries Discusses TNA's Future, More - October 19th, 2014
- Taryn Terrell Discusses Dixie As A Boss, Injury - October 18th, 2014
- VIDEO: Tessmacher Blogs On 'The Amazing Race' - October 18th, 2014
- Tonight's CZW Lineup, Robbie E./Amazing Race - October 18th, 2014
- TNA Downplaying The Kurt Angle Re-Signing Rumors - October 17th, 2014
- Backstage News - Team 3D & WWE In Talks?, More - October 17th, 2014
- Eric Bischoff Reacts To New Online Casino Game - October 17th, 2014
- Mitchell: 'Russo Told Me Why I Was Fired From TNA!' - October 17th, 2014