By Ryan Clark on July 26, 2014
We noted last week here on the website that former TNA star AJ Styles recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he’s already made more money working the indies and New Japan Pro Wrestling than he would have made in all of 2014 working for TNA Wrestling.
In an update on this, Styles noted that he’s already made close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Styles went on to say his TNA deal in 2013 paid around $350,000 but the latest deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000 per year. Basically, they tried to cut his pay by $150,000 according to him.
The fact is …. he was making $350,000 per year in TNA (not including merchandise/DVD/PPV bonuses) and that’s more than some lower-card WWE talents make. Of course, there is more travel, etc. involved with WWE so debate that how you will.
Do you believe AJ? …. or is he just bitter? Let us know in the comments section below!
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Confirmed: Matthews Joins TNA's Broadcast Team - December 18th, 2014
- Confirmed: JR/Striker To Call NJPW/GFW PPV - December 18th, 2014
- What's The Plan For Jeff Jarrett's GFW Promotion? - December 18th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett On GFW’s Vision, WrestleKingdom - December 18th, 2014
- VIDEO: TNA's 'Destination Home' With EC3 - December 18th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett Talks TNA Lasting This Long, More - December 18th, 2014
- Chavo Guerrero Discusses Lucha Underground - December 18th, 2014
- How Much Money Is TNA Offering Del Rio?, Details - December 17th, 2014
- TNA's 'Unlocked' Show On Destination America - December 17th, 2014
- AJ Styles Not Returning To TNA - Details - December 17th, 2014