By Ryan Clark on January 14, 2013
The Tampa Bay Times reports that Hulk Hogan is suing the Tampa-based Laser Spine Institute for what he claims are unnecessary surgeries that hurt his career.
Hogan filed the suit in Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Court this morning. He is seeking damages of $50 million. He also claims that the LSI used an endorsement from him without permission or payment. A prepared statement from his attorneys Wil Florin and Eric Czelusta claimed there was “negligent conduct” on the part of LSI that resulted in a provable loss of past and future income of ($50 million) during the last chapter of an internationally successful athletic and entertainment career” for Hogan.
The statement says that “numerous prominent spine surgeons” recommended traditional spinal surgery Hogan, but the LSI told him that would end his career. The lawsuit claims Hogan was “the victim of multiple unnecessary endoscopic surgical procedures that further destabilized his already existing injured back.”
TMZ.com has also picked up the story. Here is their article:
Hulk Hogan claims the Laser Spine Institute in Florida is a total sham … and it’s doctors DUPED him into undergoing multiple bogus procedures that were completely useless and damaged his career to the tune of $50 MILLION … this according to a new lawsuit.
Hogan filed the suit in Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Court, claiming he turned to the LSI in 2009 when he seeking treatment for multiple lumbar spinal abnormalities including scoliosis and multiple bulging discs.
In his suit, Hogan claims he fell for a sales pitch which masqueraded as “medical advice” and allowed the LSI to perform multiple surgeries on his back.
Hogan claims the procedures actually made him feel worse in the long run — and blames the institute for not advising him that the laser treatment is only a temporary solution, not a permanent one.
Hogan claims he eventually had to undergo major back surgery with a different set of doctors — and they actually fixed his back.
Now, Hogan says he wants LSI to pay for screwing him up — and for causing him to miss out on employment opportunities in the entertainment world that would have netted him tens of millions of dollars.
And to add insult to injury, Hulk says LSI used his name and image to promote their business without his permission.
He’s suing for more than $50 mil in damages. So far, no comment from LSI.
Posted in: TNA News
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Update On Zema Ion Fundraiser + TNA Attendance - May 24th, 2013
- Why Wasn't Alex Silva On iMPACT! Last Night? - May 24th, 2013
- This Week's TNA iMPACT! Rises Big Time - May 24th, 2013
- WWE, TNA & ROH Weekend Schedule Inside Here - May 24th, 2013
- Next Week's TNA iMPACT! Matches + Slammiversary - May 24th, 2013
- VIDEO: Knockouts Title Change From TNA iMPACT! - May 24th, 2013
- Numerous Talents Return On This Week's iMPACT! - May 24th, 2013
- The Identity Of Suicide At The iMPACT! Taping - May 24th, 2013
- The Updated TNA Slammiversary XI Card - May 23rd, 2013
- TNA Releases 'Always Evolve' Fitness App - May 23rd, 2013