By Ryan Clark on July 30, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
As previously reported, Vince Russo is officially done with TNA. While Russo claims that it was suggested that he take a break from the company and quit, we can confirm that he was in fact fired by John Gaburick. According to one source, Gaburick jokingly suggested that TNA and Russo “no longer be involved”, but then got serious and fired him. Russo then used the “suggestion” part as the basis for his Twitter post.
As has been reported, Russo’s working with TNA was reportedly part of the problem with Spike TV. As of right now there is no new deal in place for iMPACT! but talks are ongoing. The source claims that no one in TNA’s office knew that the TMZ news report was coming because Spike hadn’t told any of them that the show wasn’t getting renewed.
TNA is not only in talks with Spike, but with other outlets as well. Talent agency UTA is handling the negotiations for TNA and reporting back to TNA’s offices. Dixie Carter is not personally involved in the talks.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Vince Russo Parts Ways With Pyro & Ballyhoo Site - February 28th, 2015
- Anderson: 'WWE Punished Me For Being Injured' - February 28th, 2015
- Victoria/Tara To Make Lucha Underground Debut? - February 27th, 2015
- Update: ESPN '30 For 30' Film On The Von Erichs - February 27th, 2015
- TNA iMPACT! Matches + 'I'm With ... Robbie E.' - February 27th, 2015
- VIDEO: Matt Hardy Hypes Tomorrow's OMEGA - February 27th, 2015
- Report: WWE & Others Interested In Samoa Joe - February 26th, 2015
- Various News: DiBiase/Cornette, Robbie E./Godderz - February 26th, 2015
- Russo Continues To Deny Lucha Underground Reports - February 26th, 2015
- Backstage News On Samoa Joe's TNA Departure - February 26th, 2015