By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- VIDEO: TNA's 'Destination Home' With EC3 - December 18th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett Talks TNA Lasting This Long, More - December 18th, 2014
- Chavo Guerrero Discusses Lucha Underground - December 18th, 2014
- How Much Money Is TNA Offering Del Rio?, Details - December 17th, 2014
- TNA's 'Unlocked' Show On Destination America - December 17th, 2014
- AJ Styles Not Returning To TNA - Details - December 17th, 2014
- Mike Tenay Set To Host TNA’s New TV Show - December 17th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett On A GFW vs. TNA 'War', Punk/UFC - December 16th, 2014
- The Status Of TNA's 2015 PPVs & Live Events - December 16th, 2014
- Report: Jim Ross’ Wrestle Kingdom Partner Set - December 15th, 2014