By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- A Big Ratings Rise For This Week's TNA iMPACT! - May 25th, 2016
- This Week's iMPACT! Lineup, LU Video Preview, ROH - May 23rd, 2016
- POP TV President: 'Relationship w/ TNA Is Amazing!' - May 23rd, 2016
- Report - Hiroshi Tanahashi Taking Some Time Off - May 22nd, 2016
- TNA Official On Production Studios Move, More - May 22nd, 2016
- Young Bucks Injured, Out Of NJPW's BOTSJ' - May 20th, 2016
- Lineup For Tonight's TNA ONO: Victory Road PPV - May 20th, 2016
- This Week's Lucha Underground Ratings Are In - May 19th, 2016
- TNA Executives Heading To India This Weekend - May 19th, 2016
- Velvet Sky Reacts To Her TNA Wrestling Departure - May 18th, 2016