By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- TNA Debuts Four New YouTube.com Web Series - August 3rd, 2015
- VIDEO: Jeff Hardy Set To Appear At GFW Event - August 3rd, 2015
- Frankie Kazarian Discusses Samoa Joe In NXT - August 1st, 2015
- Angle Compares Cena's Reaction To 'You Suck' - July 31st, 2015
- Tons Of Free GFW Tickets Handed Out, NJPW/AXS - July 31st, 2015
- James Storm & TNA Wrestling Part Ways - Details - July 31st, 2015
- TNA Bound For Glory Tickets On Sale Today - July 31st, 2015
- Backstage Update - TNA Actually Fired MVP - July 31st, 2015
- Talent Set For The Next Set Of GFW TV Tapings - July 31st, 2015
- <i>**SPOILERS** TNA iMPACT! Taping Results</i> - July 31st, 2015