By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Lashley Returns To MMA Tonight At Bellator - October 24th, 2014
- Ex-TNA Knockout Set For 'Extreme Cheapskates' - October 23rd, 2014
- Gail Kim Praises TNA's Knockouts, BFG/Tokyo - October 23rd, 2014
- This Week's TNA IMPACT! Rating Is In - Details - October 23rd, 2014
- Backstage Update - Jeff Jarrett's GFW Promotion - October 23rd, 2014
- TNA iMPACT! Rating Rebounds, Bully Ray Tweets - October 23rd, 2014
- TNA’s iMPACT! Footage To Run Out In November - October 23rd, 2014
- AUDIO: Ken Anderson & Kaz Shoot On TNA, IWC - October 23rd, 2014
- Dixie Carter Thanks UK Fans, Taz Podcast?, LAX - October 22nd, 2014
- VIDEO: Kurt Angle Provides An Update On Status - October 22nd, 2014