By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- VIDEO: Rockstar Spud 'Banned' From TNA's HQ - October 29th, 2014
- A Rumor Killer On A New TNA TV Deal, EC3 Note - October 29th, 2014
- Tonight's TNA iMPACT! Matches, CZW Lineup - October 29th, 2014
- Report: Kurt Angle & TNA Agree To A New Deal - October 28th, 2014
- Official Preview For Tomorrow Night's iMPACT! - October 28th, 2014
- CHIKARA Returns To iPPV + iMPACT! Matches - October 28th, 2014
- VIDEO: A TNA British Boot Camp 2 Breakdown - October 27th, 2014
- Early Preview For Tonight's WWE RAW Broadcast - October 27th, 2014
- AUDIO: AJ Styles On Turning Down WWE, TNA - October 26th, 2014
- TNA References Bobby Lashley's Bellator 130 Win - October 26th, 2014