By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Angle To Be Inducted Into International Sports HOF - February 13th, 2016
- Kurt Angle Done With TNA, Set To Face Mysterio Next - February 12th, 2016
- Matt Hardy Reads Mean Tweets (‘Internet Nobodies') - February 12th, 2016
- Matt Striker Discusses Working For LU, Vampiro - February 12th, 2016
- Tonight's FIP iPPV Lineup + NJPW On AXS Matches - February 12th, 2016
- Raquel Claims She Was Assaulted During A Match - February 11th, 2016
- Last Night's TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Rating Is In - February 10th, 2016
- Official Preview For Tonight's Lucha Underground - February 10th, 2016
- Updates On The Next 3 House Of Hardcore Shows - February 10th, 2016
- The TNA/UK Attendance, Reby Sky To Wrestle In TNA? - February 10th, 2016