By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Backstage News For TNA Once They Switch Networks - November 22nd, 2014
- When Did The TNA/Spike Negotiations Fell Apart? - November 22nd, 2014
- Taz Confirms He'll Be Launching A Podcast In 2015 - November 22nd, 2014
- Robbie E/Brooke Amazing Race Update - Still In It? - November 21st, 2014
- Major 'Reboot' Of TNA Planned - Huge Updates - November 21st, 2014
- TNA Executive: 'New Everything' For TNA In 2015 - November 21st, 2014
- 'Thanksgiving Throwdown' iMPACT! On YouTube - November 21st, 2014
- Backstage News - When TNA Will Tape TV, NYC? - November 20th, 2014
- Final Original Episode Of iMPACT! On Spike Rating - November 20th, 2014
- A Major Backstage Update On TNA's New TV Deal - November 20th, 2014