By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- El Rey To Increase Output For Lucha Underground - December 20th, 2016
- The Lineup For 1/4 NJPW WrestleKingdom 11 Event - December 20th, 2016
- Challenge TV To Air 'Total Nonstop Deletion' - December 16th, 2016
- The Young Bucks Unlikely For 'Total Nonstop Deletion' - December 15th, 2016
- Angle Wishes He Could Redo 'Mania Match w/ Lesnar - December 14th, 2016
- Matt Hardy Invites Wyatt Family & Goldberg To TND - December 13th, 2016
- VIDEOS: Whatever Happened To Andy Douglas?, More - December 13th, 2016
- Alberto Del Rio Involved In Backstage Fight In Mexico - December 12th, 2016
- Lineups For NJPW's Road To The Tokyo Dome Events - December 12th, 2016
- Billy Corgan's Lawsuit Against TNA Officially Dismissed - December 7th, 2016