By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- TNA Returning To Universal Studios In Orlando - January 27th, 2015
- VIDEO: Matt Hardy Blogs On TNA, Royal Rumble - January 27th, 2015
- How Long Is TNA's Deal With Destination America? - January 27th, 2015
- Roode In Italy, Matthews Preview iMPACT! (Video) - January 27th, 2015
- TNA Crew Traveling Overseas Today, Nash Update - January 27th, 2015
- Updates & Talent For TNA's 'Maximum iMPACT! Tour' - January 27th, 2015
- VIDEOS: 'iMPACT! 60' + 2014 Lockdown Online - January 26th, 2015
- TNA iMPACT! Sees A Big Ratings Increase - Details - January 26th, 2015
- Various News: Bischoff/Apter Video, Poffo/Y2J Note - January 25th, 2015
- Gunner: 'Randy Savage Was One Of My Influences!' - January 25th, 2015