By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Happy Thanksgiving From The PWS Staff! - November 26th, 2015
- Big News - TNA Cancels Their Tour Of India - November 25th, 2015
- Tyrus Reveals Why He Takes Shots At John Cena - November 25th, 2015
- AAA Announces Mega Title Match For Vacant Title - November 23rd, 2015
- **SPOILERS** - TNA Changing World Title Finals? - November 22nd, 2015
- Major Update On AJ Styles - Under Contract? - November 22nd, 2015
- The Updated TNA World Title Series Standings - November 22nd, 2015
- Backstage LU News - Announcers, 24 TV Tapings - November 22nd, 2015
- Apter/Russo (Video), ROH/NJPW Relationship - November 22nd, 2015
- Jeff Jarrett Hosting Seminar Next Month - Details - November 22nd, 2015