By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Bully Ray On Why WWE Didn't Use His 'Bully' Gimmick - March 27th, 2017
- iMPACT! Stars Set For NOAH’s Global Tag League - March 26th, 2017
- Sean 'X-Pac' Waltman Debuts New Look (Pic), Team 3D - March 26th, 2017
- Eric Bischoff Discusses Ongoing Litigation With TNA - March 25th, 2017
- Kevin Sullivan Welcomes Employees Back To iMPACT! - March 25th, 2017
- Jarrett Congratulates Daniels, Matt Hardy Responds - March 24th, 2017
- Waltman: 'AAA Will Screw iMPACT!, I Guarantee It!' - March 24th, 2017
- Anthem & ITV Announce World Of Sport Wrestling Return - March 24th, 2017
- Backstage Update - The Hardys, WWE, ROH & iMPACT! - March 22nd, 2017
- Bischoff Files For Default Judgment Against iMPACT! - March 21st, 2017