By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Austin Aries Returning To Ring Of Honor - Details - July 6th, 2015
- KUSHIDA To Work The GFW Debut TV Tapings - July 6th, 2015
- TNA Star MVP Trying To Lose Weight - Details - July 4th, 2015
- TNA Knockouts Knockdown Now Airing On PPV - July 4th, 2015
- NWA Streaming Service Is Now Online & Live - July 4th, 2015
- Kurt Angle On His Retirement Match Opponent - July 4th, 2015
- Update On Magnus' GFW Debut, Bennett/Japan - July 4th, 2015
- Kurt Angle To Undergo Neck Surgery Next Week - July 3rd, 2015
- TNA Executive On Working With ROH, Live Events - July 3rd, 2015
- Today's Birthdays, NJPW On AXS TV Lineup, More - July 3rd, 2015