By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Chris Sabin Suffers Injury, WrestleCon 2017 Updates - October 24th, 2016
- Kenny Omega Discusses Career Accomplishments, G1 - October 23rd, 2016
- Report - Lucha Underground Set To Run Live Event - October 16th, 2016
- Update - More TNA Pay Issus & Lawsuits Coming? - October 14th, 2016
- TNA Pulled Music Over Licensing Pay Issues? - October 14th, 2016
- Breaking News: Billy Corgam Sues TNA Wrestling - October 13th, 2016
- UFC Debuts An Awesome New Video UFC 205 - October 9th, 2016
- This Week's TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Rating Drops - October 8th, 2016
- Latest On WWE Buying The TNA Library & Sale Rumors - October 6th, 2016
- Eric Bischoff: 'Billy Corgan Needs To Change TNA's Change!' - October 5th, 2016