By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Scott Hall Discusses Decision To Quit WCW, Regrets? - June 26th, 2016
- Hernandez Involved In Backstage Brawl At Indy Event - June 26th, 2016
- Vader vs. Ospreay Set For Revolution Pro Event - June 26th, 2016
- Konnan: 'LAX Were Inspired By Public Enemy!' - June 26th, 2016
- Matt Striker On The Differences Between WWE & LU - June 25th, 2016
- Ospreay Reacts To His Ricochet Match Criticisms - June 25th, 2016
- Magnus: 'TNA Didn't Believe I Had A Concussion!' - June 25th, 2016
- Ken Anderson Discusses WWE Main Roster Debut - June 24th, 2016
- Lucha Underground Offers Prince Puma Huge Deal - June 23rd, 2016
- TNA Locking Their Talents Into Exclusive Contracts - June 23rd, 2016