By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Jeff Jarrett Gives His WrestleMania 31 Predictions - March 28th, 2015
- AUDIO: Mickie James Discusses TNA vs. WWE, WM - March 27th, 2015
- TNA Gets TV Clearance In Finland - Details Inside - March 27th, 2015
- The Official Preview For Tonight's TNA IMPACT! - March 27th, 2015
- TNA Signs Big TV Deal In Brazil - Details Inside - March 26th, 2015
- 'I'm With Spud' (Video), Aguayo Jr. Memorial T-Shirt - March 25th, 2015
- Backstage Update - Jarrett's GFW Plans & Future? - March 25th, 2015
- Josh Matthews Discusses Joining TNA, Vince, More - March 25th, 2015
- Taz’s Podcast To Air Live Next Week - Details - March 25th, 2015
- TNA Announces A 'Best Of Sting' DVD Collection - March 24th, 2015