By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Rumor: Bully Ray Injured At The iMPACT! Tapings - September 20th, 2014
- 3 Major **SPOILERS** From The iMPACT! Tapings - September 20th, 2014
- Wrestler Gets TNA Tryout, Toughest Man In NYC - September 19th, 2014
- **SPOILER** - Brodus Clay's New Ring Name - September 19th, 2014
- TNA iMPACT! Tapings Tonight, CHIKARA KOT Tourny - September 19th, 2014
- <i>**SPOILERS** TNA iMPACT! Results For ???</i> - September 18th, 2014
- VIDEO: Vince Russo Announces Dear Vince Project - September 18th, 2014
- This Week's TNA iMPACT! Rating Is In - Details Inside - September 18th, 2014
- HUGE **SPOILER** From Tonight's iMPACT! Tapings - September 18th, 2014
- Backstage News: Dixie Carter's Pep Talk To Roster - September 18th, 2014