By Ryan Clark on July 16, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As you know by now, Austin Aries won the X-Division title from Sanada at one of the recent sets of TNA iMPACT! tapings in New York City, which occurred on June 20th but aired on Spike on July 10th. In between, Senada was booked for a match in Japan against his mentor, The Great Muta. While the match was originally supposed to be advertised as an X-Division title match with Sanada getting a big win out of it, that didn’t go down.
After Aries won the title, TNA told Wrestle-1 that Sanada could defend the title as it wouldn’t be happening on US TV for several weeks. This is a normal situation for US wrestling, but not for Japan and Wrestle-1 received several upset calls and letter accusing them of false advertising. As a result, Wrestle-1 announced that Sanada had lost the title and Muta won the eventual match.
TNA was reportedly not pleased that Wrestle-1 “spoiled” the title change. Sanada is expected to stay with TNA throughout the year.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Drew Galloway Pulled From TNA Bound For Glory - September 30th, 2016
- Billy Corgan & Dixie Carter Tweet On BFG Status - September 30th, 2016
- Matt Hardy Reacts To Being 'Electrocuted' On iMPACT! - September 30th, 2016
- Report - Eric Bischoff Threatens To Sue Matt Hardy - September 30th, 2016
- The Hardy Boys Discuss The TNA Sale Rumors, Corgan - September 30th, 2016
- Dixie Carter Comments On The TNA Sale Rumors - September 30th, 2016
- Brandi Rhodes Reveals Why She Signed With TNA, Cody Rhodes - September 30th, 2016
- Dixie Carter Making 'A Mess' Of Sale Negotiations - September 29th, 2016
- Bischoff: 'TNA's Sale Rumors Are Complete Chaos' - September 28th, 2016
- AUDIO: Billy Corgan Discusses The Future Of TNA, BFG - September 28th, 2016