By Ryan Clark on March 16, 2014
The following are spoiler results for the March 27th and April 4th episodes of TNA iMPACT! Wrestling, courtesy of WrestlingNewsWorld.com:
Airing March 27th:
- MVP came out for a promo. He said that when he came here he had the intention that every wrestler would rise and fall based solely on their talent and ability. A great man once said “the cream always rises to the top.” He said it was time to make an executive decision and Magnus and Abyss came out. Magnus said before he does anything rash that Abyss has a 100% legitimate service contract to the champion, not TNA or MVP, meaning the only time his authority extends to Abyss is through him. MVP said he had the chance to see how strong Abyss is last week. MVP tells Abyss if he puts a hand on him he will show a side of him he doesn’t want to see and tells him that Magnus is manipulating him. He brings up the idea of a title shot to him. MVP said someone keeps getting shafted and set up next week Abyss will challenge Magnus and the #1 contender Samoa Joe will also challenge Magnus. Joe came out. He said he has only asked MVP for one thing and that is for him to get a fair chance and an uninterrupted opportunity against Magnus.
- Joe said now his rematch is a handicap match. Magnus said they have their own problems to deal with and Joe attacks Magnus while MVP attacks Abyss. Eric Young then comes out and attacks Abyss. He and Joe clear the ring while MVP grabs a mic and says enough. Eric Young says he has the solution. He brought the monster out of Abyss and says he has to be the one to stop him. He does Magnus/Joe next week for the title and now he needs to put EY there. EY will take care of Abyss while Joe gets a match the way he wants to be. MVP says he doesn’t think EY has earned it yet. EY says he talks about motivate validate and participate. He says “motivate” MVP has been here 10 minutes while he has been 10 years and runs down everything he has been involved it. “Validate” mentions all the belts he has won. “Participate” he has ran with every ball TNA has given him. He said he is a world class professional wrestler and will fight. Joe says nobody is doubting him but there is a line and he is not at the head of it. Joe still wants his one fair title shot and until he gets what he wants he gets nothing. MVP says he appreciates EY’s passion and everything he said is true and inserts EY into the match. Joe was not happy. He pie faced EY then the two of them got in a brawl. Refs come out and separate them. MVP says we have a match.
- Angelina Love came out and called out Velvet asking what her problem was. They spoke about Madison. I assume something backstage happened that was not shown. Angelina Love was not kind to Madison and mentioned it will be her and Madison later while insulting Velvet.
- In a match billed as “no DQ, no countout, no rules, and there must be a winner” Gunner defeated James Storm. Match saw Gunner do a spear through the ropes through a table on the floor and a superplex through chairs, Storm hit two superkicks. Storm went for the wee bottle, Gunner had one that Storm previously brought in the ring and hit him with it followed up with the F5 for the win.
- The Wolves defeated Magnus and Abyss when Eddie Edwards made Magnus tap out to the single leg crab. Abyss walked away from the ring after the match was done with the TNA title around his shoulder.
Airing March 27th (Part 2 of 3/27 Tapings):
- In a non-title match, Angelina Love defeated Madison Rayne. Velvet Sky came to ringside. When the ref was distracted, Velvet grabbed Madison and gave her a DDT on the floor and rolled her back in for Love to get the pin. The two of them laughed, hugged, and posed.
- Samoa Joe defeated Eric Young via Rear Naked Choke. Eric attempted to kick off the ropes to flip over but didn’t quite get it. Brian Hebner raised his hand three times. Earl Hebner came out after and spoke with Brian Hebner, probably about the fact that EY was laying down on Joe implying a pin.
- In a tables match, Bobby Roode and EC3 defeated Willow and Bully Ray. Rockstar Spud came out in a wheelchair but Jeff Hardy drop kicked him out of it then carried him to the back. Ray fought against both but ended up taking a Spinebuster through a table from Roode. Post-match they brought in another table in the ring to use on Ray. Roode gave him a Roodebomb through it. They set up one more and Roode hit a top rope splash through it.
Airing April 4th:
- Magnus came to the ring for a promo and called out Abyss. Abyss came out in a suit while still wearing his mask. Magnus said this is how the upper echelon dress, not like the mouth breathers. He said Abyss is a winner. He wanted to discuss strategy for their match. He said everyone will be referring to the match as a four corner’s match knowing that the hook is the prospect of Abyss squaring off with the world champion. Magnus said they both know that it is not going to happen. Magnus said they are a team and said he treats Abyss like a star and doesn’t need to remind him of that James Mitchell or Eric Young and how they treated him. Magnus said he has to tell Abyss something that is hard to say. He says he loves Abyss and hugs him then signals for them to leave. Eric Young jumps Abyss through the crowd. Magnus and Abyss double team him. Joe made the save and cleared the ring. Joe and EY got into brief words before EY left.
- They showed a backstage segment with Brittany offering to Madison Rayne to be her tag partner against Velvet and Angelina tonight. Madison said no and she didn’t want to put her through it. Brittany mentioned how Madison was new a few years ago and she is now at the top and Brittany just needs an opportunity. Madison accepted, mentioning how they are in similar gear and shut the door to talk strategy.
- The Beautiful People (Velvet Sky and Angelina Love) defeated Madison Rayne and Brittany after a double kick on Brittany. Velvet took care of Madison before the two of them hit their finish on Brittany. The beautiful people came out with new colorful gear and had a new entrance where they had a curtain drop for them as you could see their shadows pose through it.
- Gunner came out for a promo. He said he was proud of his wins over Storm at both Lockdown and he is proud of all the veterans in the crowd. He wanted thank his father in the front row. Gunner goes to ringside and thanks him and says how he made a promise to be world champion one day. James Storm came out. He called Gunner rude for not introducing his dad to him after everything Storm has done for Gunner. He said that Gunner’s grandfather was lucky that he was dead so he didn’t have to see his son and grandson become disappointments. Gunner attacked, but Storm got the upper hand and super kicked him. He handcuffed Gunner to the middle ropes. Storm then grabbed Gunner’s dad and shoved him down. His dad checked on Gunner. Storm then grabbed his beer bottle and nailed Gunner’s dad in the back of the head with it.
- Mr Anderson came out with a straight jacket in hand. He spoke about Samuel Shaw. Shaw came out and said he is not a creepy bastard. Shaw asks Anderson if he knows how precious these hands are. He says Anderson does nothing with his hands because like these people Anderson is ordinary. Shaw says that Christy Hemme loves him. Anderson attacks and we have a match.
- In a straight jacket match where the goal was to put your opponent in the jacket, Sam Shaw won.
- Sanada and Tigre Uno for the X-Division Title was about to start until Kenny King showed up. He said he is not here to rob the spotlight. He is here to lock it down. He says he is the X-Division. He commends the talent in the ring. He says X-Division is not the same without Kenny King. MVP came to the ring. MVP says he is acting crazy interrupting his show. Kenny calls him out for saying it is his show. Kenny says he is the biggest star in the ring right now. MVP tells him to go back to his office and we will talk about it. Kenny says they can talk right now and says he should headline. MVP says it is booked up. Kenny asks him what he is doing tonight. He asks MVP for an exhibition match with MVP. MVP says he is not on the card tonight and the show is over. Kenny says he will take a now for his fans. Kenny shoved MVP a bit and then asks for an exhibition match. MVP agrees to it and they leave so Sanada and Tigre can wrestle.
- In an X-Division Title Match, Sanada retained over Tigre Uno via Tiger Suplex. They shook hands after.
- MVP and Kenny King ended either via time limit or ref stoppage. No winner was announced. They just wrestled as normal. Refs had to break them up.
In a four way match for the TNA World Heavyweight Title, Magnus retained over Eric Young, Abyss, and Samoa Joe. At one point Magnus low blowed Joe. Joe got laid out on the outside and the refs came out to check on Joe and help him to the back. Abyss had EY pinned but Magnus stopped him. The two spoke. Magnus went to the top and hit an elbow on EY for the pin. Magnus and Abyss posed while Abyss seemed somewhat displeased.
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Backstage News - The TNA Announce Team Change - November 27th, 2014
- Happy Thanksgiving From The Entire PWS Staff! - November 27th, 2014
- TNA iMPACT! To Air Live On Destination America? - November 27th, 2014
- VIDEOS: Watch TNA's 'Thanksgiving Throwdown' - November 27th, 2014
- Jeff Hardy Able To Take Indy Dates?, Asking Price? - November 27th, 2014
- Backstage Report - A Major TNA Announcing Change? - November 27th, 2014
- VIDEO: Watch TNA iMPACT Now Via YouTube - November 26th, 2014
- Sons Of Anarchy Creator Praises Bischoff Project - November 26th, 2014
- Lionheart To Styles: 'Stop Using The Styles Clash!' - November 26th, 2014
- TNA Announces Their First TV Tapings For 2015 - November 25th, 2014