By Ryan Clark on April 12, 2014
The format for this year’s world cup deviated from last year. Team capains were selected and the captains had a draft, selecting a roster of TNA Wrestlers. The captains were Eric Young, Kurt Angle, Ethan Carter III, Bobby Roode.
TNA World Cup Draft:
- Eric Young selected Bully Ray, Eddie Edwards, ODB and Gunner
– Kurt Angle selected Davey Richards, Mr. Anderson, Sanada and Madison Rayne
– EC3 selected Jessie Godders, Robbie E, Magnus and Gail Kim.
– Bobby Roode selected James Storm, Kenny King, Samuel Shaw and The Beautiful People.
TNA World Cup Qualifying Matches:
1. Eddie Edwards defeated James Storm.
2. The Bromans defeated Mr. Anderson & Sanada. Match was mostly a comedy match.
3. Gail Kim defeated Madison Rayne
4. Eric Young defeated Bobby Roode.
5. Kurt Angle defeated Magnus. ECIII was supposed to face Angle but he demanded that Magnus take his place.
6. Angelina Love defeated ODB when Velvet ran a distraction allowing love to win.
7. Ethan Carter III defeated Davey Richards.
8. Gunner and Bully Ray defeated Samuel Shaw and Kenny King.
TNA World Cup Finals
The two finalist teams are Team Eric Young vs Team Ethan Carter III. They faced off in elimination style matches.
1. ODB eliminated Gail Kim.
2. Robbie E eliminated ODB.
3. The Bromans double teamed and eliminated Eddie Edwards.
4. Bully Ray eliminated Jessie Goddarz.
5. Robbie E eliminated Bully Ray.
6. Gunner eliminated Robbie E.
7. Magnus eliminated Gunner.
8. Ethan Carter was disqualified when he hit a low blow on Eric Young and the referee saw this.
9. Eric Young eliminated Magnus, winning the World Cup for his team.
Team Eric Young celebrates with his team and their new TNA World Cup Trophy.
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- **SPOILER** PICS - Return & Debut At iMPACT! - January 29th, 2015
- **SPOILERS** - A Return & A Debut At iMPACT! - January 29th, 2015
- <i>**SPOILERS* TNA iMPACT! Results For 2/20</i> - January 29th, 2015
- <i>**SPOILERS* TNA iMPACT! Results For 2/13</i> - January 29th, 2015
- Tara Leaves The Squared Circle Restaurant - January 29th, 2015
- TNA Kicks Off 'Maximum iMPACT!' Tour In UK - January 29th, 2015
- Update: Can Jarrett & GFW Negotiate With Spike? - January 28th, 2015
- Why Bobby Lashley Was Pulled From MMA Fight - January 28th, 2015
- Jim Cornette Discusses Heat With Young Bucks - January 28th, 2015
- Bobby Lashley Reacts To TNA's New TV Deal, Roode - January 28th, 2015