By Ryan Clark on July 24, 2014
During a recent appearance on Wrestling Observer Radio, AJ Styles stated that he’s already made more money this year working the independent scene and with NJPW than he would have for the entire year of 2014 under the new deal TNA offered him. TNA reportedly offered Styles a deal that could have earned him upwards of $200,000. Styles also noted that by the end of the year, he could do as well as he did in 2013 with TNA, Styles reportedly made $350,000 that year.
Since Styles is now working the independent scene and NJPW, they pay for his hotel rooms and travel expenses. He is also able to control his merchandise sales. TNA did not cover road expenses, and would have only gotten a percentage of merchandise sales.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Destination America’s Memo Canceling iMPACT! Leaks - May 28th, 2015
- Kurt Angle & ROH COO React To ROH/TNA/DA - May 28th, 2015
- More Updates On The ROH/TNA/DA Situation, More - May 27th, 2015
- Luke Gallows’ WrestleMerica Gets Georgia TV Deal - May 27th, 2015
- Report: TNA's Conference Call Becomes 'Heated' - May 27th, 2015
- Destination America 'Using' TNA To Build ROH? - May 27th, 2015
- Major Update - TNA Talent Not Happy, Joe's Future? - May 27th, 2015
- AUDIO: Matt Hardy Reacts To Corgan/TNA, Jeff - May 27th, 2015
- How Long Is ROH's Destination America Deal? - May 27th, 2015
- Major Updates - ROH To Destination America - May 27th, 2015