By Ryan Clark on July 24, 2014
During a recent appearance on Wrestling Observer Radio, AJ Styles stated that he’s already made more money this year working the independent scene and with NJPW than he would have for the entire year of 2014 under the new deal TNA offered him. TNA reportedly offered Styles a deal that could have earned him upwards of $200,000. Styles also noted that by the end of the year, he could do as well as he did in 2013 with TNA, Styles reportedly made $350,000 that year.
Since Styles is now working the independent scene and NJPW, they pay for his hotel rooms and travel expenses. He is also able to control his merchandise sales. TNA did not cover road expenses, and would have only gotten a percentage of merchandise sales.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Angle To Be Inducted Into International Sports HOF - February 13th, 2016
- Kurt Angle Done With TNA, Set To Face Mysterio Next - February 12th, 2016
- Matt Hardy Reads Mean Tweets (‘Internet Nobodies') - February 12th, 2016
- Matt Striker Discusses Working For LU, Vampiro - February 12th, 2016
- Tonight's FIP iPPV Lineup + NJPW On AXS Matches - February 12th, 2016
- Raquel Claims She Was Assaulted During A Match - February 11th, 2016
- Last Night's TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Rating Is In - February 10th, 2016
- Official Preview For Tonight's Lucha Underground - February 10th, 2016
- Updates On The Next 3 House Of Hardcore Shows - February 10th, 2016
- The TNA/UK Attendance, Reby Sky To Wrestle In TNA? - February 10th, 2016