By Ryan Clark on July 24, 2014
During a recent appearance on Wrestling Observer Radio, AJ Styles stated that he’s already made more money this year working the independent scene and with NJPW than he would have for the entire year of 2014 under the new deal TNA offered him. TNA reportedly offered Styles a deal that could have earned him upwards of $200,000. Styles also noted that by the end of the year, he could do as well as he did in 2013 with TNA, Styles reportedly made $350,000 that year.
Since Styles is now working the independent scene and NJPW, they pay for his hotel rooms and travel expenses. He is also able to control his merchandise sales. TNA did not cover road expenses, and would have only gotten a percentage of merchandise sales.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Robbie E/Brooke Amazing Race Update - Still In It? - November 21st, 2014
- Major 'Reboot' Of TNA Planned - Huge Updates - November 21st, 2014
- TNA Executive: 'New Everything' For TNA In 2015 - November 21st, 2014
- 'Thanksgiving Throwdown' iMPACT! On YouTube - November 21st, 2014
- Backstage News - When TNA Will Tape TV, NYC? - November 20th, 2014
- Final Original Episode Of iMPACT! On Spike Rating - November 20th, 2014
- A Major Backstage Update On TNA's New TV Deal - November 20th, 2014
- VIDEO: Part Two Of GFW's Jim Ross Interview - November 20th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett Reacts To TNA's iMPACT! TV Deal, GFW - November 20th, 2014
- Dixie Carter Thanks The Fans For Their Support - November 20th, 2014