By Ryan Clark on July 24, 2014
During a recent appearance on Wrestling Observer Radio, AJ Styles stated that he’s already made more money this year working the independent scene and with NJPW than he would have for the entire year of 2014 under the new deal TNA offered him. TNA reportedly offered Styles a deal that could have earned him upwards of $200,000. Styles also noted that by the end of the year, he could do as well as he did in 2013 with TNA, Styles reportedly made $350,000 that year.
Since Styles is now working the independent scene and NJPW, they pay for his hotel rooms and travel expenses. He is also able to control his merchandise sales. TNA did not cover road expenses, and would have only gotten a percentage of merchandise sales.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Thursday Night's iMPACT! Ratings Drop, Honma Update - April 29th, 2017
- Report - Travis Flip Gordon Not Signing With iMPACT! - April 28th, 2017
- What If The Hardys Stayed With iMPACT! Wrestling? - April 28th, 2017
- Why Zack Sabre Jr. Was Pulled From NJPW Tour, Return - April 28th, 2017
- Backstage Rumor On Cody Rhodes Signing With ROH - April 28th, 2017
- Backstage Update - Eddie Edwards Undergoes Surgery - April 27th, 2017
- Confirmed - The World Of Sport TV Tapings Delayed - April 27th, 2017
- Lineups For The ROH/NJPW War Of The Worlds Tour - April 27th, 2017
- Lucha Underground Officially Returning On May 31st - April 27th, 2017
- Report - Jack Swagger Asking $4,000 Per Indy Event - April 27th, 2017