By Ryan Clark on July 24, 2014
During a recent appearance on Wrestling Observer Radio, AJ Styles stated that he’s already made more money this year working the independent scene and with NJPW than he would have for the entire year of 2014 under the new deal TNA offered him. TNA reportedly offered Styles a deal that could have earned him upwards of $200,000. Styles also noted that by the end of the year, he could do as well as he did in 2013 with TNA, Styles reportedly made $350,000 that year.
Since Styles is now working the independent scene and NJPW, they pay for his hotel rooms and travel expenses. He is also able to control his merchandise sales. TNA did not cover road expenses, and would have only gotten a percentage of merchandise sales.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Hardy: 'I Want To End Career Against 'Taker At WM!' - July 25th, 2016
- VIDEOS: Jeff Hardy's Bizarre Behavior At Indy Event - July 24th, 2016
- Backstage Report: Will Ospreay Signs w/ WWN Live - July 23rd, 2016
- This Week's Lucha Underground Finale Ratings - July 22nd, 2016
- Backstage Rumor - New TNA BFG Date Revealed? - July 21st, 2016
- Matt Striker: 'LU Isn’t Trying To Compete With WWE!' - July 21st, 2016
- VIDEOS: EC3, Drake & Galloway Talk BFG Playoffs - July 20th, 2016
- 3 Big Matches For This Thursday Night's iMPACT! - July 19th, 2016
- Shark Boy’s Vest Stolen - Offers Reward For Return - July 18th, 2016
- Hardy: 'TNA's Roster Is Leaving The Dream!', Morale - July 17th, 2016