By Ryan Clark on July 24, 2014
During a recent appearance on Wrestling Observer Radio, AJ Styles stated that he’s already made more money this year working the independent scene and with NJPW than he would have for the entire year of 2014 under the new deal TNA offered him. TNA reportedly offered Styles a deal that could have earned him upwards of $200,000. Styles also noted that by the end of the year, he could do as well as he did in 2013 with TNA, Styles reportedly made $350,000 that year.
Since Styles is now working the independent scene and NJPW, they pay for his hotel rooms and travel expenses. He is also able to control his merchandise sales. TNA did not cover road expenses, and would have only gotten a percentage of merchandise sales.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Update - AJ Styles Phenomenal One Tour Dates - December 20th, 2014
- Robbie E. Comments On 'Amazing Race' Finale - December 20th, 2014
- Did Robbie & Tessmacher Win 'The Amazing Race'? - December 20th, 2014
- Dixie Carter Set To Appear On Jim Ross’ Podcast - December 19th, 2014
- Confirmed: Matthews Joins TNA's Broadcast Team - December 18th, 2014
- Confirmed: JR/Striker To Call NJPW/GFW PPV - December 18th, 2014
- What's The Plan For Jeff Jarrett's GFW Promotion? - December 18th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett On GFW’s Vision, WrestleKingdom - December 18th, 2014
- VIDEO: TNA's 'Destination Home' With EC3 - December 18th, 2014
- Jeff Jarrett Talks TNA Lasting This Long, More - December 18th, 2014