By Ryan Clark on July 24, 2014
During a recent appearance on Wrestling Observer Radio, AJ Styles stated that he’s already made more money this year working the independent scene and with NJPW than he would have for the entire year of 2014 under the new deal TNA offered him. TNA reportedly offered Styles a deal that could have earned him upwards of $200,000. Styles also noted that by the end of the year, he could do as well as he did in 2013 with TNA, Styles reportedly made $350,000 that year.
Since Styles is now working the independent scene and NJPW, they pay for his hotel rooms and travel expenses. He is also able to control his merchandise sales. TNA did not cover road expenses, and would have only gotten a percentage of merchandise sales.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- EC3 Gets 'Legal Injunction' Against Hardys/Dixie - October 5th, 2015
- Gunner: 'I'm Interested In WWE Run', Recent Talks? - October 5th, 2015
- Lucha Underground Season Two TV Taping Start - October 5th, 2015
- Vince Russo Discusses TNA's Future & TV Tapings - October 5th, 2015
- Matt Hardy Reacts To TNA World Title Win - Video - October 5th, 2015
- Dixie Carter's 'Huge Announcement' Is ...? - October 5th, 2015
- Live Report From Last Night's Bound For Glory - October 5th, 2015
- Jim Ross Blogs On Last Night's Bound For Glory - October 5th, 2015
- The Lineups For TNA's Live Events On 10/29 -11/1 - October 5th, 2015
- TNA Talent Upset Backstage At Bound For Glory - October 5th, 2015