By Ryan Clark on November 28, 2016
The lawsuit from Billy Corgan against TNA is still active in the Chancery Court of Nashville, even though Corgan announced weeks ago that he and TNA came to a settlement agreement. The agreement was made in principal but has yet to actually be signed on paper. It’s believed that the final paperwork is done and everything will be done either this week or early next week.
Meanwhile, several lawyers for Anthem Media have been seen at TNA offices in the last several weeks. It’s believed that after the Corgan situation is finished, Anthem will announce they bought majority ownership in Impact Ventures. It’s unknown what internal changes will be made from a creative and staffing standpoint.
The original plan was for Anthem to own 85% of the company, with Aeroluxe getting 10% and Dixie Carter getting 5%. This means that Carter would benefit if the company gained steam but would more or less have no power behind-the-scenes. If that happens, Aeroluxe’s Jason Brown could be named the CEO of Impact Ventures, but the previous announcement seemed to suggest that Anthem’s Ed Nordholm would be in charge.
TNA is scheduled to film episodes of Impact Wrestling during the first week of January at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Report: Jarrett & Ryder Involved In Backstage Incident - April 25th, 2017
- Backstage Update - Crazzy Steve Signing With WWE - April 25th, 2017
- Backstage Report - Ex-TNA Star Gunner To Sign With WWE? - April 25th, 2017
- Crazzy Steve: 'I Have Nothing But Respect For iMPACT!' - April 24th, 2017
- VIDEOS: **SPOILER** Footage Of Return At iMPACT! - April 24th, 2017
- Crazzy Steve Done With iMPACT!, Headed To WWE - April 24th, 2017
- Report - The Hardy Boys Almost Didn't Work HOH 25 - April 23rd, 2017
- Bischoff: 'iMPACT!'s Partnership With AAA Doesn't Matter!' - April 21st, 2017
- iMPACT! Wrestling Stars Set For TripleMania 25 - April 20th, 2017
- Thursday Night's iMPACT! Wrestling Rating Is In - April 16th, 2017