By Ryan Clark on July 18, 2012
According to a rep from Viacom, the ongoing dispute with DirecTV won’t be ending anytime soon. The Viacom rep told Dateline that the two sides only spend about ten minutes a day talking about the issues holding up the deal. The issues include how much of an increase DirecTV is willing to pay and the length of a contract renewal.
DirecTV said that Tuesday night it accepted all the “material terms” that Viacom wanted for its seventeen channels but that Viacom demanded they carry EPIX “at an additional cost of more than half a billion dollars.” DirecTV said, “We know our customers don’t want to pay such an extreme price for an extra channel, they simply want the ones they had returned to them.” Viacom said that is inaccurate, saying, “We’ve offered packages without EPIX, packages with EPIX, and packages with significant incentives to take EPIX.”
Needless to say, without a very sudden and drastic change, TNA iMPACT! will not be available for DirecTV subscribers this week. This will obviously affect the rating once again.
Posted in: TNA News
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Sting Reveals How Much Longer He Plans To Wrestle - June 18th, 2013
- VIDEO: Mickie James Releases A New Single - June 18th, 2013
- King Mo Returns To The Cage Tomorrow + Briscoes - June 18th, 2013
- TNA Bound For Glory Series Update, TNA's UK Tour - June 18th, 2013
- Eric Young Wants To See Hogan Wrestle Again - June 17th, 2013
- PHOTOS: Madison Rayne Pregnant! - June 17th, 2013
- VIDEO: Joseph Park Reacts To Big iMPACT! Win - June 16th, 2013
- The Winner Of Online TNA Gut Check Challenge - June 16th, 2013
- TNA Basebrawl Results 06.15.13 - Lexington, KY - June 16th, 2013
- TNA Executive Released + Rampage/Aces & 8's - June 15th, 2013