By Ryan Clark on January 30, 2014
Credit: Alan McCarthy & PW.net
The attendance was a half full arena, which seems to be a trend developing.
1. Eric Young, Joseph Park, and Ivan Minnock beat EC3 and Rockstar Spud. Typical spud comedy with a lot of stalling. Young was very over with the crowd . He hit a top rope elbow drop that led to the pin.
2. ODB and Madison Rayne beat Lei’D Tapa and Gail Kim with Velvet Sky as special referee. Pretty routine Knockouts match . ODB and Tapa engaged in a battle of strength. Some guy yelled out his phone number to Tapa ….sweet….the end came when Kim got in Velvet’s face and got a slap for her troubles , leading to Rayne putting her down and getting the three count.
Samuel Shaw was interviewed by Jeremy Borash . Shaw took offense to the crowd and Jeremy fancying Christy Hemme and the fact his name was pronounced incorrectly. Shaw backed Borash into a corner but then backed off.
3. Gunner beat Bobby Roode. Very technical match which held the crowd. The finish was a quick roll up by Gunner leading to the 1-2-3. After the bell, Roode attacked Gunner. Cue Kurt Angle, who made the save and Angle Slammed Roode to a massive ovation. Angle thanked the fans for their support.
Borash introduced Earl Hebner, who did his Bret Hart routine. Pretty dry at this stage.
4. Austin Aries defeated Samoa Joe and Chris Sabin to retain the X Division Title. Massive pops for Aries and Joe. Joe is loved over here and received easily the biggest pop so far. Excellent sequences with all three. Aries retained with the brainbuster. After the match ., Sabin was choked out by Joe to rapturous applause.
Dj Zema was introduced by Christy Hemme . Zema delivered a quick promo. He really is hated in Dublin.
5. Robbie E and Jessie (w/Zema) defeated Christopher Daniels and Kazarian to retain the TNA Tag Titles. There was comedy from Zema blaring the horn. A simple and quick tag match during which the crowd supported Bad Influence. Bro-Mans won with a double team.
Dixie Carter came out for a promo with referee Brian Hebner.
6. Magnus defeated James Storm to retain the TNA Title. At the start, Magnus grabbed the mic and did his usual shtick. Storm got Borash to play a drinking Irish song and the crowd whipped into a frenzy of cheers. EC3 and Spud interfered and Magnus hit a belt shot for a pin. Post match , Spud picked up a beer and got a Last Call Superkick for his trouble.
7. Mr. Anderson defeated Bully Ray in a tables match. Bully did his bit on the mic. Anderson charged the ring and they got into it. After Bully put his foot through the first table , Anderson grabbed Ray and gave him a Green Bay Plunge though a a second table with a broken leg for the win. Post match , Anderson gave a kid a piece of the first table and did his trademark catchphrase to send the crowd home happy.
Afterward, I met Jeremy Borash and he said he wanted my new phone. He loved it A very good TNA event for what it was.
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- DDP, Hogan, Piper's Daughters' Starting Company - October 26th, 2016
- Major Update - Billy Corgan's Lawsuit Against TNA - October 25th, 2016
- Update: FloSports Signs Streaming Deal With WWN Live - October 25th, 2016
- TNA Files Legal Response To Billy Corgan’s Lawsuit - October 24th, 2016
- Another Lawsuit Filed Against TNA - Details - October 24th, 2016
- Chris Sabin Suffers Injury, WrestleCon 2017 Updates - October 24th, 2016
- Kenny Omega Discusses Career Accomplishments, G1 - October 23rd, 2016
- Report - Lucha Underground Set To Run Live Event - October 16th, 2016
- Update - More TNA Pay Issus & Lawsuits Coming? - October 14th, 2016
- TNA Pulled Music Over Licensing Pay Issues? - October 14th, 2016