By Ryan Clark on March 13, 2017
Here are some more details about what led Anthem to send cease and desist orders to The Hardys, Ring of Honor and PPV distributors over Matt and Jeff appearing as their “broken” characters. This led to the ROH PPV getting pulled from DISH Network and the Hardys toning down their act for the PPV itself. Reby Hardy has been trashing iMPACT! Wrestling and Anthem on social media while Hardy still uses parts of the character. According to Reby, The Hardys have full ownership of the gimmick.
A source claims that Hardy filing a trademark for “Broken Matt Hardy” is what caused Anthem Media to act. They believe that since Hardy wasn’t the only person to create the character (others involved include Dave Lagana, Matt Conway, Billy Corgan and more), others deserve part of the revenue. It’s possible this is Anthem’s way of getting money if the act is taken to other promotions, including WWE. They want to pressure Hardy into signing a deal that gives Anthem a percentage of profits made from the gimmick.
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in ROH News
- Terry Funk Out Of Scheduled WrestleCon Appearances - March 28th, 2017
- Hardys vs. Briscoes Set For ROH TV + Big Seminars Set - March 27th, 2017
- Bully Ray On Why WWE Didn't Use His 'Bully' Gimmick - March 27th, 2017
- Dalton Castle Still Shocked At Fans Reacting To Him - March 27th, 2017
- Sean 'X-Pac' Waltman Debuts New Look (Pic), Team 3D - March 26th, 2017
- Jarrett Congratulates Daniels, Matt Hardy Responds - March 24th, 2017
- Waltman: 'AAA Will Screw iMPACT!, I Guarantee It!' - March 24th, 2017
- ROH Issues Statement On The WWE Purchase Rumors - March 24th, 2017
- Anthem & ITV Announce World Of Sport Wrestling Return - March 24th, 2017
- Daniels On Rumors Of WWE Trying To Acquire ROH - March 23rd, 2017