By Ryan Clark on April 18, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
UPDATE: Vince Russo is not the only name consulting with TNA creative. Eric Bischoff is still under a TNA deal and also doing storyline consulting. Word is that both men have approximately three months left on their deals.
ORIGINAL: According to sources, Vince Russo is involved with TNA and on their payroll as a consultant. However, the current creative team is headed up by John Gaburick. Gaburick’s three team members are David Lagana, Matt Conway, and Christy Hemme (who works with the Knockouts). The reported process for the team is that Gaburick sets the direction and comes up with ideas and helps with the team. The team then puts it to paper and writes a script.
Russo’s role is to reportedly offer ideas and critiques of the televised product. The report compares everything in WWE going through Vince McMahon to everything in TNA going through Vince Russo. So if there is an idea on iMPACT! Wrestling that appears to be Russo-esque, it’s possibly one that Gaburick received from Russo and opted to incorporate.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- A Complete Listing Of All Planned GFW Live Events - May 29th, 2015
- The Wolves & 'Bram' Re-Sign With TNA - Details - May 28th, 2015
- GFW's Grand Slam Tour Dates Revealed - Details - May 28th, 2015
- Backstage News: TNA's Future & Dixie's Reality Show - May 28th, 2015
- Backstage News: Why Scott Hall & GFW Parted Ways - May 28th, 2015
- VIDEO: MVP Clarifies Controversial ROH/DA Tweets - May 28th, 2015
- When D. America Decided To Cancel iMPACT! - May 28th, 2015
- Destination America’s Memo Canceling iMPACT! Leaks - May 28th, 2015
- Kurt Angle & ROH COO React To ROH/TNA/DA - May 28th, 2015
- More Updates On The ROH/TNA/DA Situation, More - May 27th, 2015