By Ryan Clark on April 18, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
UPDATE: Vince Russo is not the only name consulting with TNA creative. Eric Bischoff is still under a TNA deal and also doing storyline consulting. Word is that both men have approximately three months left on their deals.
ORIGINAL: According to sources, Vince Russo is involved with TNA and on their payroll as a consultant. However, the current creative team is headed up by John Gaburick. Gaburick’s three team members are David Lagana, Matt Conway, and Christy Hemme (who works with the Knockouts). The reported process for the team is that Gaburick sets the direction and comes up with ideas and helps with the team. The team then puts it to paper and writes a script.
Russo’s role is to reportedly offer ideas and critiques of the televised product. The report compares everything in WWE going through Vince McMahon to everything in TNA going through Vince Russo. So if there is an idea on iMPACT! Wrestling that appears to be Russo-esque, it’s possibly one that Gaburick received from Russo and opted to incorporate.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Backstage Report - More Major AAA Contract Issues - February 7th, 2016
- VIDEOS: GFW Announces UK Live Events, Beer Money - February 6th, 2016
- Report - Rey Mysterio & AAA In A Contract Dispute - February 5th, 2016
- TNA Fires Awesome Kong - Details - February 5th, 2016
- Lucha Underground Officials Met With WWE, TNA - February 4th, 2016
- Kong's Status With TNA?, Next Week's iMPACT! Lineup - February 4th, 2016
- Pentagon Jr. Discusses Lucha Underground & More - February 4th, 2016
- TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Rating Drops - Details Inside - February 3rd, 2016
- Shane Helms Reacts To His TNA iMPACT! Appearance - February 3rd, 2016
- Tonight's Lucha Underground, ROH & NXT Matches - February 3rd, 2016