By Ryan Clark on April 18, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
UPDATE: Vince Russo is not the only name consulting with TNA creative. Eric Bischoff is still under a TNA deal and also doing storyline consulting. Word is that both men have approximately three months left on their deals.
ORIGINAL: According to sources, Vince Russo is involved with TNA and on their payroll as a consultant. However, the current creative team is headed up by John Gaburick. Gaburick’s three team members are David Lagana, Matt Conway, and Christy Hemme (who works with the Knockouts). The reported process for the team is that Gaburick sets the direction and comes up with ideas and helps with the team. The team then puts it to paper and writes a script.
Russo’s role is to reportedly offer ideas and critiques of the televised product. The report compares everything in WWE going through Vince McMahon to everything in TNA going through Vince Russo. So if there is an idea on iMPACT! Wrestling that appears to be Russo-esque, it’s possibly one that Gaburick received from Russo and opted to incorporate.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Did Robbie E./Brooke Tessmacher Survive On TAR? - November 29th, 2014
- AUDIO: King Mo Not Sure About His TNA Future - November 28th, 2014
- How Does Destination America Do Ratings-Wise? - November 28th, 2014
- PHOTO: Ex Knockout Wins Body Building Contest - November 28th, 2014
- Backstage News - The TNA Announce Team Change - November 27th, 2014
- Happy Thanksgiving From The Entire PWS Staff! - November 27th, 2014
- TNA iMPACT! To Air Live On Destination America? - November 27th, 2014
- VIDEOS: Watch TNA's 'Thanksgiving Throwdown' - November 27th, 2014
- Jeff Hardy Able To Take Indy Dates?, Asking Price? - November 27th, 2014
- Backstage Report - A Major TNA Announcing Change? - November 27th, 2014