By Ryan Clark on April 18, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
UPDATE: Vince Russo is not the only name consulting with TNA creative. Eric Bischoff is still under a TNA deal and also doing storyline consulting. Word is that both men have approximately three months left on their deals.
ORIGINAL: According to sources, Vince Russo is involved with TNA and on their payroll as a consultant. However, the current creative team is headed up by John Gaburick. Gaburick’s three team members are David Lagana, Matt Conway, and Christy Hemme (who works with the Knockouts). The reported process for the team is that Gaburick sets the direction and comes up with ideas and helps with the team. The team then puts it to paper and writes a script.
Russo’s role is to reportedly offer ideas and critiques of the televised product. The report compares everything in WWE going through Vince McMahon to everything in TNA going through Vince Russo. So if there is an idea on iMPACT! Wrestling that appears to be Russo-esque, it’s possibly one that Gaburick received from Russo and opted to incorporate.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- VIDEOS: TNA Knockouts Calendar Cover Girl, More - August 27th, 2015
- Would AJ Styles Jump Ship From NJPW To WWE? - August 27th, 2015
- Backstage Report - Uncertainty Over TNA's TV Future - August 26th, 2015
- Drew Galloway Discusses Who He’d Like To Wrestle - August 26th, 2015
- Sam Shaw Compares TNA Gut Check & Tough Enough - August 26th, 2015
- VIDEO: 2016 TNA Knockouts Calendar Photo Shoot - August 26th, 2015
- Tonight's WWE NXT, ROH & TNA iMPACT! Matches - August 26th, 2015
- ECIII Teases A World Title Match With Spud - August 25th, 2015
- PWS Promoter Finds Drugs In Sabu's Hotel Room - August 24th, 2015
- Taz Lands A Daily Radio Show With CBS Radio - August 24th, 2015