By Ryan Clark on April 18, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
UPDATE: Vince Russo is not the only name consulting with TNA creative. Eric Bischoff is still under a TNA deal and also doing storyline consulting. Word is that both men have approximately three months left on their deals.
ORIGINAL: According to sources, Vince Russo is involved with TNA and on their payroll as a consultant. However, the current creative team is headed up by John Gaburick. Gaburick’s three team members are David Lagana, Matt Conway, and Christy Hemme (who works with the Knockouts). The reported process for the team is that Gaburick sets the direction and comes up with ideas and helps with the team. The team then puts it to paper and writes a script.
Russo’s role is to reportedly offer ideas and critiques of the televised product. The report compares everything in WWE going through Vince McMahon to everything in TNA going through Vince Russo. So if there is an idea on iMPACT! Wrestling that appears to be Russo-esque, it’s possibly one that Gaburick received from Russo and opted to incorporate.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Ken Anderson Discusses WWE Main Roster Debut - June 24th, 2016
- Lucha Underground Offers Prince Puma Huge Deal - June 23rd, 2016
- TNA Locking Their Talents Into Exclusive Contracts - June 23rd, 2016
- The Next Set Of iMPACT! TV Tapings, EC3/EVOLVE - June 23rd, 2016
- Kurt Angle’s Brother Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter - June 23rd, 2016
- This Week's TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Rating Rises - June 22nd, 2016
- New House Of Hardcore Live Events Announced - June 21st, 2016
- TNA Signs Tough Enough Alum Chelsea Green - Video - June 20th, 2016
- Alex Riley To TNA?, Rhodes vs. Thunder Liger Set - June 19th, 2016
- Is TNA iMPACT! Changing Nights Due To SD!?, More - June 18th, 2016