By Ryan Clark on April 18, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
UPDATE: Vince Russo is not the only name consulting with TNA creative. Eric Bischoff is still under a TNA deal and also doing storyline consulting. Word is that both men have approximately three months left on their deals.
ORIGINAL: According to sources, Vince Russo is involved with TNA and on their payroll as a consultant. However, the current creative team is headed up by John Gaburick. Gaburick’s three team members are David Lagana, Matt Conway, and Christy Hemme (who works with the Knockouts). The reported process for the team is that Gaburick sets the direction and comes up with ideas and helps with the team. The team then puts it to paper and writes a script.
Russo’s role is to reportedly offer ideas and critiques of the televised product. The report compares everything in WWE going through Vince McMahon to everything in TNA going through Vince Russo. So if there is an idea on iMPACT! Wrestling that appears to be Russo-esque, it’s possibly one that Gaburick received from Russo and opted to incorporate.
Posted in: TNA News
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Lashley Speaks Out - TNA/SpikeTV Issues, Bellator - September 1st, 2014
- Lots Of TNA News: Cuts, iMPACT! Taping Schedule - September 1st, 2014
- Updated Cards For This Weekend’s TNA TV Tapings - September 1st, 2014
- More TNA Office Cuts?, TNA PPV Specials, More - September 1st, 2014
- Team 3D Academy & 'Hope For A Single Mom' Team - September 1st, 2014
- Bound For Glory Ticket Prices, 1-Hour PPV Special - September 1st, 2014
- Lashley & King Mo Set For Friday’s Bellator 123 - September 1st, 2014
- AJ Styles On A WWE Debut & New Japan, Retirement - September 1st, 2014
- Ethan Carter III Praises Bully Ray, Talks Dixie, NYC - August 31st, 2014
- How Old Is Jeff Hardy Today?, TNA/Wrestle-1 Update - August 31st, 2014