By Ryan Clark on April 18, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
UPDATE: Vince Russo is not the only name consulting with TNA creative. Eric Bischoff is still under a TNA deal and also doing storyline consulting. Word is that both men have approximately three months left on their deals.
ORIGINAL: According to sources, Vince Russo is involved with TNA and on their payroll as a consultant. However, the current creative team is headed up by John Gaburick. Gaburick’s three team members are David Lagana, Matt Conway, and Christy Hemme (who works with the Knockouts). The reported process for the team is that Gaburick sets the direction and comes up with ideas and helps with the team. The team then puts it to paper and writes a script.
Russo’s role is to reportedly offer ideas and critiques of the televised product. The report compares everything in WWE going through Vince McMahon to everything in TNA going through Vince Russo. So if there is an idea on iMPACT! Wrestling that appears to be Russo-esque, it’s possibly one that Gaburick received from Russo and opted to incorporate.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Backstage News For TNA Once They Switch Networks - November 22nd, 2014
- When Did The TNA/Spike Negotiations Fell Apart? - November 22nd, 2014
- Taz Confirms He'll Be Launching A Podcast In 2015 - November 22nd, 2014
- Robbie E/Brooke Amazing Race Update - Still In It? - November 21st, 2014
- Major 'Reboot' Of TNA Planned - Huge Updates - November 21st, 2014
- TNA Executive: 'New Everything' For TNA In 2015 - November 21st, 2014
- 'Thanksgiving Throwdown' iMPACT! On YouTube - November 21st, 2014
- Backstage News - When TNA Will Tape TV, NYC? - November 20th, 2014
- Final Original Episode Of iMPACT! On Spike Rating - November 20th, 2014
- A Major Backstage Update On TNA's New TV Deal - November 20th, 2014