By Ryan Clark on April 18, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
UPDATE: Vince Russo is not the only name consulting with TNA creative. Eric Bischoff is still under a TNA deal and also doing storyline consulting. Word is that both men have approximately three months left on their deals.
ORIGINAL: According to sources, Vince Russo is involved with TNA and on their payroll as a consultant. However, the current creative team is headed up by John Gaburick. Gaburick’s three team members are David Lagana, Matt Conway, and Christy Hemme (who works with the Knockouts). The reported process for the team is that Gaburick sets the direction and comes up with ideas and helps with the team. The team then puts it to paper and writes a script.
Russo’s role is to reportedly offer ideas and critiques of the televised product. The report compares everything in WWE going through Vince McMahon to everything in TNA going through Vince Russo. So if there is an idea on iMPACT! Wrestling that appears to be Russo-esque, it’s possibly one that Gaburick received from Russo and opted to incorporate.
Posted in: TNA News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Report: Jarrett & Ryder Involved In Backstage Incident - April 25th, 2017
- Backstage Update - Crazzy Steve Signing With WWE - April 25th, 2017
- Backstage Report - Ex-TNA Star Gunner To Sign With WWE? - April 25th, 2017
- Crazzy Steve: 'I Have Nothing But Respect For iMPACT!' - April 24th, 2017
- VIDEOS: **SPOILER** Footage Of Return At iMPACT! - April 24th, 2017
- Crazzy Steve Done With iMPACT!, Headed To WWE - April 24th, 2017
- Report - The Hardy Boys Almost Didn't Work HOH 25 - April 23rd, 2017
- Bischoff: 'iMPACT!'s Partnership With AAA Doesn't Matter!' - April 21st, 2017
- iMPACT! Wrestling Stars Set For TripleMania 25 - April 20th, 2017
- Thursday Night's iMPACT! Wrestling Rating Is In - April 16th, 2017