By Ryan Clark on January 19, 2013
– BWWTVWorld.com reports that Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey’s biker-themed reality show The Devils Ride will begin its second season next month. The show, which was renewed in July, will return on Discovery starting February 18th at 9 PM CT.
– To follow up on our earlier report, TNA’s lawsuit against WWE was officially ended yesterday with TNA voluntarily withdrawing the lawsuit. According to a document that was filed on Tuesday, TNA informed the court that both sides agreed to cover their own legal costs.
The lawsuit stems from WWE informing TNA that former employee Brian Wittenstein had handed over a flash drive containing confidential TNA documents including contracts for talent. Around this same time Ric Flair had requested a release from TNA. TNA felt it had a legal case and took WWE to court. A temporary injunction was placed against WWE requiring them to return any confidential TNA documents despite WWE already returning all documents before the lawsuit was filed and presented evidence to the court showing they had “policed their own company email and file servers” to prove any wrongdoing.
Despite reports claiming otherwise, nothing prevented WWE from hiring or talking with former TNA talent or talent with deals about to expire during the lawsuit process. Former TNA talent who had taken part in media interviews discussing their time with the company were under the impression mentioning anything about WWE could prevent their chances of possibly signing a deal and were very careful despite it never being an actual issue. Another supposed non issue had to deal with Ric Flair’s involvement in the lawsuit. WWE filed documents indicating TNA had already released Flair prior to filing the lawsuit, although at the time WWE said they had no interest in hiring Flair.
Posted in: TNA News
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- A Fundraiser Set Up For Zema Ion's Medical Bills - May 18th, 2013
- TNA iMPACT! Rating Is In, TNA's Video Game Plans - May 17th, 2013
- Zema Ion Undergoes Surgery – Doctors Find Tumor - May 17th, 2013
- Updated List Of TNA Gut Check Challenge Winners - May 17th, 2013
- The Updated TNA Slammiversary Pay-Per-View Card - May 16th, 2013
- Is RVD In Talks With TNA?, + A TNA Video Game? - May 16th, 2013
- Dixie Carter: 'Magnus Could Be The Future Of TNA' - May 16th, 2013
- Lots Of TNA Press In Las Vegas, Kurt Angle News - May 16th, 2013
- iMPACT! News - Tonight's Opening, Gutcheck Video - May 16th, 2013
- A James Storm Injury Update Inside Here + SHINE - May 16th, 2013