By Ryan Clark on April 18, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider.com
Part of the reason that Eric Young was made TNA World Champion was so that they can do some cross promotion with his Animal Planet show, Off The Hook: Extreme Catches. Season three of the show debuts on Sunday June 16, and the plan is to spend the next two months getting Young over as champion to coincide with the return of the show.
TNA is also trying to move ahead by putting Eric Young’s goofy character from the past, in the past. They want to change his perception and repackage him as a credible champion in the eyes of the fans.
Posted in: TNA News
Last 10 posts in TNA News
- Early iMPACT! Rating #'s, 'Survival Of The Fittest' - July 25th, 2014
- VIDEO: Robbie E. Says TNA Is Way Better Than WWE - July 25th, 2014
- Styles: 'I'm Making More Money Now Than In TNA' - July 24th, 2014
- Tonight's TNA iMPACT! Matches, WWNLive/Roku - July 24th, 2014
- TNA Hypes Muta, Hardy For Tonight's iMPACT! - July 24th, 2014
- Presser: Jarrett’s GFW Announces New Partnerships - July 24th, 2014
- Backstage News On The TNA/Wrestle-1 Relationship - July 24th, 2014
- Wrestle-1 Title To Be Defended At Bound For Glory? - July 23rd, 2014
- Davey Richards Discusses The 6-Sided Ring, WWE - July 23rd, 2014
- 3 TNA Talents Sign New Deals - Who Are They? - July 23rd, 2014