By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Randy Orton Being Considered For Babyface Turn - October 22nd, 2014
- WWE Negotiating With Lesnar Over More Dates - October 22nd, 2014
- Go-Home WrestleMania 31 Event Locations?, HIAC - October 22nd, 2014
- The Latest On Mysterio & WWE - He Wants Out! - October 22nd, 2014
- More On Dinsmore's Replacement, RAW 'Soldier' - October 22nd, 2014
- Fred Ottman Resurfaces (Video), NXT Stars At SD - October 22nd, 2014
- VIDEOS: Behind-The-Scenes Reigns/Hogan, NXT - October 22nd, 2014
- VIDEOS: Y2J Speaks Out, Top 10 RAW Moments - October 22nd, 2014
- Maria Kanellis Receives WWE Talent Scholarship - October 22nd, 2014
- More On WWE's Major Stock Drop Today - Details - October 22nd, 2014