By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- RAW Dark Match & Superstars **SPOILERS** - April 27th, 2015
- Mick Foley On The RAW Pre-Show, Stanford/RAW - April 27th, 2015
- <I>FREE WWE RAW COVERAGE - IN PROGRESS NOW!!!</I> - April 27th, 2015
- More Tough Enough Audition Tape Videos, Cena - April 27th, 2015
- PHOTOS: Hornswoggle At RAW?, Natalya New - April 27th, 2015
- Springer Compares 'Too Hot For TV' To 'The Soup' - April 27th, 2015
- VIDEO: The Miz & Summer Rae Discuss The IWC - April 27th, 2015
- Content Listing For WWE's Upcoming ECW DVD - April 27th, 2015
- Backstage Update - Albert As Head NXT Trainer - April 27th, 2015
- Update: WWE: Behind-The-Curtain ESPN Special - April 27th, 2015