By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Chris Jericho Begins Writing His Fourth Book, NJPW - April 29th, 2016
- Austin: 'Reigns Isn’t A Traditional Babyface!', More - April 29th, 2016
- WWE Adds A 'Chyna Collection' To The WWE Network - April 29th, 2016
- Report: Paul Heyman Working On A New Reality Show - April 29th, 2016
- WWE To Investigate The Ric Flair Airport Incident - April 29th, 2016
- WWE To Add RAW & SD! Replays To The Network? - April 29th, 2016
- WWE Hires New NXT Host Andrea D’Marco - Details - April 29th, 2016
- Reigns/Usos Respond To Reigns Shot On @Midnight - April 29th, 2016
- Arrest Warrant Issued For Dolph Ziggler’s Brother - April 29th, 2016
- Backstage Photo Of E. Young At The NXT TV Tapings - April 29th, 2016