By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Sylwia Reichel Set To Receive A WWE Tryout - Photos - October 21st, 2016
- Balls Mahoney & Axl Rotten Diagnosed With CTE - October 21st, 2016
- Who'd Win A Goldberg/Lesnar Rematch?, Cesaro - October 21st, 2016
- Ex-NFL Star Brennan Williams Makes NXT Debut - October 21st, 2016
- WWE Network Down Due To Cyber Attack - October 21st, 2016
- Frenchy Martin Passes Away – WWE Comments - October 21st, 2016
- <i>WWE RAW Results (10/17) - Goldberg Returns & More!</i> - October 17th, 2016
- Mick Foley Taking Break From Twitter After Fan Posts PMs Online - October 16th, 2016
- Snow Storm in Edmonton Caused Changes At WWE Live Event - October 16th, 2016
- Dana: Punk Probably Won't Get Second Fight In UFC!' - October 14th, 2016