By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Flair & Lesnar Both Headed To Monday's RAW - July 4th, 2015
- Flair: 'I Went Through Full WWE Medical Testing' - July 4th, 2015
- Y2J Praises Neville & 'Beast In The East' Special - July 4th, 2015
- Four Horsewoman Member Managing Wrestler - July 4th, 2015
- Russo's Original Plans For Jericho’s WWE Debut - July 4th, 2015
- VIDEOS: 'Beast In The East' Highlights + 'Top 10' - July 4th, 2015
- Triple H Congratulates Balor & Praises Lesnar - July 4th, 2015
- The Reason Naomi Isn't On WWE's Current Tour - July 4th, 2015
- Balls Mahoney Discusses The Original ECW, Heyman - July 4th, 2015
- VIDEO: Finn Balor Celebrates Winning NXT Title - July 4th, 2015