By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Major Backstage Update - Lesnar's WWE Issues - March 4th, 2015
- Backstage WWE News - Lana Taking Time Off, WM31 - March 4th, 2015
- Uhaa Nation Signs With WWE, Divas Pay, More - March 4th, 2015
- Latest On The Freebirds To WWE's Hall Of Fame - March 4th, 2015
- Report: A Major WWE Executive Departure - March 4th, 2015
- Report: Why WWE Brought Back Kendrick & Rhyno - March 4th, 2015
- Why WWE Moved HHH & Stephanie To Their BOD? - March 4th, 2015
- Backstage News - WrestleMania 31 Ticket Sales - March 4th, 2015
- The Son Of A WWE Hall Of Famer Still With WWE? - March 4th, 2015
- Rumor On Goldust's WM31 Plans, WWE Attendance - March 4th, 2015