By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Jim Ross & WWE Officially Part Ways - Details - July 23rd, 2014
- PHOTO: KENTA Meets Vince McMahon At SD - July 23rd, 2014
- Update On WWE's New Stable, Miz's Father At SD - July 23rd, 2014
- Big Show Returns Following The SmackDown Tapings - July 23rd, 2014
- The WWE RAW & SmackDown Ratings Are In - July 23rd, 2014
- Vince Russo Debuts A Podcast + D-Young/Rousey - July 23rd, 2014
- Confirmed SD Matches, Main Event Highlight Videos - July 23rd, 2014
- <i>**SPOILERS** WWE SmackDown Results For Friday</i> - July 22nd, 2014
- Bo Dallas Speaks Out On His Brother Bray Wyatt, More - July 22nd, 2014
- HHH Visits WWE Performance Center, Cena/Lesnar - July 22nd, 2014