By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Daniel Bryan Discusses The Pressure Of WM31, More - March 28th, 2015
- Alundra Blayze/Madusa's HOF Inductor Revealed - March 28th, 2015
- UFC's Phil Baroni: 'I'm Signing With WWE!' - March 28th, 2015
- Backstage Report: Why WWE Isn't Pushing D=Bryan - March 28th, 2015
- Sting: 'WrestleMania 31 Match May Be My Last!' - March 28th, 2015
- WM Set Designer: 'Expect Something Different!' - March 28th, 2015
- WWE SD! Rating Drops, Andre The Giant Profiled - March 28th, 2015
- VIDEOS: Reigns Calls Out Twitter Thugs, WM31 Promo - March 27th, 2015
- VIDEO: Sting's WrestleMania 31 Workout Routine - March 27th, 2015
- Is Ambrose Happy With His Singles Run?, 'Mania - March 27th, 2015