By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Jericho Reveals His Worst Argument With Vince - October 9th, 2015
- Mark Henry To Retire After WrestleMania 32? - October 9th, 2015
- Hulk Hogan Understands Why WWE Released Him - October 9th, 2015
- A Bayley Photo, Birthdays, WWE/Saudi Arabia - October 9th, 2015
- Backstage Update - Rock & Undertaker's Futures - October 9th, 2015
- JR Praises Sasha Banks vs. Bayley NXT Match - October 9th, 2015
- Sasha Banks Apologizes To 'Izzy', Foley To Ireland - October 9th, 2015
- WWE Diva Rosa Mendes Gets Engaged - Photos - October 9th, 2015
- Tough Enough Alum Reportedly Signs With WWE - October 9th, 2015
- Y2J Signs New Book Deal, Colter's WWE Status - October 8th, 2015