By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Vince McMahon Tweets On Super Bowl 50 vs. WM31 - February 6th, 2016
- Backstage Update - Another Update On Balor's Injury - February 6th, 2016
- Major Plans For Braun Strowman, Vince High On Him - February 6th, 2016
- 'Sunny' Describes Sexual Encounter With HBK - February 6th, 2016
- Tanahashi Says He Almost Signed With WWE, More - February 6th, 2016
- JR On If 'Sunny' Will Be Removed From WWE's HOF - February 6th, 2016
- When Did AJ Styles First Meet Triple H?, NXT News - February 6th, 2016
- Kaitlyn On 'UpUpDownDown', Styles Praises Dempsey - February 6th, 2016
- Scott Hall Reveals His WM32 Idea, 'The Revival'/WWE - February 6th, 2016
- Update - The Latest On Finn Balor's Ankle Injury - February 6th, 2016