By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Report: The Young Bucks Turn Down WWE Offer - December 17th, 2014
- Backstage News - WWE 2K15 Sales + Sting's Debut - December 17th, 2014
- Backstage News On The Austin/McMahon Podcast - December 17th, 2014
- Major Backstage Update - Lesnar's WWE Future - December 17th, 2014
- Backstage Update - 'Taker vs. Wyatt At WM31? - December 17th, 2014
- Backstage News - Rey Mysterio Storyline Scrapped - December 17th, 2014
- Why Naomi & Jimmy Uso Are Off Total Divas - December 17th, 2014
- WWE Purposely Takes A Shot At CM Punk - December 17th, 2014
- Backstage News - WWE Offers Uhaa Nation Deal - December 17th, 2014
- Daniel Bryan Project Gets Pushed Back - Details - December 17th, 2014