By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Report: WWE Cuts Independent 'TV Extras' Payrates - July 30th, 2014
- Update: Massive WWE Layoffs Coming Soon - July 30th, 2014
- WWE Stock Dropping, D-Bryan On 'Inside Edition' - July 30th, 2014
- VIDEO: Brie Bella Discusses Stephanie, HHH, Nikki - July 30th, 2014
- JR To Interview Dixie?, Otunga/'General Hospital' - July 30th, 2014
- Sheamus Rumored To Play Darth Vader In Star Wars? - July 30th, 2014
- PHOTO: Booker T Throws First Pitch At MLB Game! - July 30th, 2014
- Blu-ray Extras For WWE’s Sting - Ultimate Collection - July 30th, 2014
- VIDEO: WWE’s Five Incredible SummerSlam Facts - July 30th, 2014
- Today's Streaming Content On The WWE Network - July 30th, 2014