By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- WWE Network In The UK Launch Date Revealed - October 31st, 2014
- PHOTO: Brie Bella Dresses Up As Daniel Bryan - October 31st, 2014
- The WWE Weekend Schedule, Today's Birthdays - October 31st, 2014
- VIDEOS: NXT & Superstars Highlight Videos - October 31st, 2014
- WWE SD Matches + Trailer For Santino's Film - October 31st, 2014
- New WWE Divas Signed Based On Their Looks? - October 31st, 2014
- Lesnar's RAW Return Set?, Rock/Hollywood, Foley - October 31st, 2014
- VIDEO: Two Indy Talents Receive WWE Tryout - October 31st, 2014
- Ex-WWE Diva 'Maxine' - 'Aksana Took My Gimmick!' - October 31st, 2014
- WWE Ref Shows Off Horror Memorabilia Collection - October 31st, 2014