By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Backstage Update - Alberto Del Rio's WWE Contract - July 29th, 2016
- The Latest 'What’s Trending?' (Video), Bray Wyatt/SD! - July 29th, 2016
- Updates On Cody Rhodes' Future With ROH, More - July 29th, 2016
- Flair: 'Roman Reigns Should Have Beaten Balor!' - July 29th, 2016
- Jake Roberts Discusses Documentary & Struggling - July 29th, 2016
- Backstage Update - More On The Cara/Gotch Fight - July 28th, 2016
- Backstage Rumor - Charlotte Asks For Some Time Off? - July 28th, 2016
- Eric Bischoff Reacts To Foley & D-Bryan As The GMs - July 28th, 2016
- Flair: 'Lesnar Would Be A Star With Or Without PEDs' - July 28th, 2016
- Report - WWE No Longer Singing Talents Under 21 - July 28th, 2016