By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Young On What HHH Said During NXT Contract Talks - April 29th, 2017
- Sawyer Fulton Returns To NXT (Pics), 'Street Prophets' - April 29th, 2017
- Ronnie Garvin Rips Ric Flair's Lifestyle, Talks NWA - April 29th, 2017
- Madusa: 'My WWE Documentary Was Put On Hold Twice!' - April 29th, 2017
- Naomi On Almost Being Forced To Miss WrestleMania - April 29th, 2017
- Heyman Interviews Dale Earnhardt Jr. On Retirement - April 29th, 2017
- Hulk Hogan: 'I Don't Throw Away My Old Bandannas!' - April 29th, 2017
- Alexa Bliss Shoots Down Rumors Of Nude Photos - April 29th, 2017
- Nikki Bella: 'The Wedding Will Likely Be Shown On TV!' - April 29th, 2017
- Goldberg On How WWE Return Affected His Family - April 29th, 2017