By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- VIDEOS: Muhammad Ali/Antonio Inoki, Breeze Video - June 26th, 2016
- VIDEO: Stephanie McMahon Hints At VR Content - June 26th, 2016
- Scotty 2 Hotty Praises WWE's PC, Enzo/Cass & More - June 26th, 2016
- Road Warrior Animal Discusses Ellering/NXT, More - June 26th, 2016
- Reigns/Wyatt Pulled From WWE's Japan Tour, Roode - June 26th, 2016
- Nancy Benoit's Sister: 'What Drove Chris To Murder' - June 25th, 2016
- Xavier Woods & Kenny Omega Continue Their Feud - June 25th, 2016
- PHOTOS - Finn Balor Given A WWE NXT Sendoff? - June 25th, 2016
- Report - Styles & Aries Changed WWE's Attitude - June 25th, 2016
- VIDEOS: Lots Of WWE Cruiserweight Classic Videos - June 25th, 2016