By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- John Cena On Nasty Memes, Talks Military Vets - November 29th, 2015
- Backstage News - Lana Cleared To Return? - November 29th, 2015
- Bob Backlund: 'I Never Took Drugs!', Talks Career - November 29th, 2015
- TE's Gabi Posts Training Video, Big E./New Day - November 29th, 2015
- Ric Flair Discusses Cesaro/WWE, Sheamus Video - November 29th, 2015
- Lance Storm Takes A Shot At Breeze?, Nicole Bass - November 29th, 2015
- Finn Balor Reveals His Favorite NXT Talents, PC - November 29th, 2015
- Rollins At NFL Game (Pic), WWE/ESPN Ratings - November 29th, 2015
- VIDEOS: Apter Remembers Gilbert + SD! Moments - November 29th, 2015
- Even More On Lana's Backstage Heat, Birthdays - November 29th, 2015