By Ryan Clark on January 25, 2013
WWE contacted Rikishi to participate in Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match but the veteran wrestler is unable to appear due to a prior commitment, Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed in an interview with The New York Post promoting WrestleMania Axxess.
“I do know that they had contacted Rikishi, but he had a prior commitment that he could not get out of. My son Brian told me that it was just a commitment he literally could not get out of even though he really wanted to [be in the Rumble],” Lawler said.
Lawler also hinted that former stars could resurface as surprise entrants.
“The Royal Rumble has become our next biggest and most fan-favorite pay-per-view. It’s so unpredictable. I know for a fact, I don’t know who it will be, but there’s always some surprise entrants. There will be some people that you didn’t have a clue they were going to be involved in the Rumble.”
To read the full interview, click here.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Ric Flair Discusses Managing Charlotte, His Career - May 24th, 2015
- Kane Discusses His Current Character & Lots More - May 24th, 2015
- Another New Very Sad Photo Of Bobby Heenan - May 24th, 2015
- New WWE NXT Merch., Samoa Joe Talks NXT, Hardy - May 24th, 2015
- Bully Ray/Styles Tease Dudley Boys WWE Return - May 24th, 2015
- Kevin Owens/John Cena RAW News, Zayn Update - May 24th, 2015
- Backstage Updates - Samoa Joe's WWE Contract - May 24th, 2015
- PHOTOS: WWE Superstar Grows A Huge Beard - May 24th, 2015
- PHOTOS: WWE Signs A Former Bellator Fighter - May 24th, 2015
- PHOTOS: Heenan, Sting, More At 'Comicpalooza Con' - May 24th, 2015