By Ryan Clark on June 21, 2012
After a concussion, Alberto Del Rio was pulled from a World Heavyweight title match against Sheamus at No Way Out, days before the show. Dolph Ziggler won a #1 contender’s match on RAW to face him at the event, where he lost.
Del Rio was actually cleared to wrestle by the event, but WWE had no way of knowing that. The roster is thin so the company is taking concussions very seriously, so they replaced him with Ziggler.
The night after the show, Del Rio defeated Santino on RAW. WWE wanted to get him back into the ring without facing a stiff worker like Sheamus in his first match back.
The plan is to hold Del Rio vs. Sheamus for the World Heavyweight title at Money in the Bank on July 15. There will be two Money in the Bank matches on the card.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- VIDEO: A New Zeb Colter & Antonio Cesaro Promo - June 19th, 2013
- HBK Talks About The State Of Tag-Team Wrestling - June 19th, 2013
- Incident Between Stephanie McMahon & Kaitlyn - June 19th, 2013
- Brock Lesnar's WWE Return Kept A Major Secret - June 19th, 2013
- The Top Rated RAW Segment + Today's Birthdays - June 19th, 2013
- Ex-WWE NXT Diva Speaks Out On Her Firing, WWE - June 19th, 2013
- VIDEO: Zeb Colter Mentioned On 'The Daily Show' - June 19th, 2013
- Rumored Storyline **SPOILERS** For Dolph Ziggler - June 19th, 2013
- VIDEO: Matt Hardy Vows To Own ROH (Awesome) - June 19th, 2013
- WWE Issues Statement On Alleged Murder - Details - June 19th, 2013