By Ryan Clark on April 13, 2013
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Batista has been training for a return to wrestling and is close to the 290 pound mark (what he wrestled at during his last WWE run). Batista has said in recent interviews that he is interested in returning to WWE and possibly working with The Rock and Brock Lesnar.
With The Rock’s WWE future up in the air, and along with it, The Rock/Brock Lesnar WrestleMania 30 match, it’s possible that WWE could bring Batista in to fill The Rock’s role.
Batista does have a role in an upcoming major movie — Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy — which starts filming this summer.
We reposted the following on April 1st, 2013:
Triple H has recently been in talks with Dave Batista in regards to a WWE return for the former WWE Champion. Apparently the company has been “very pleased” with how much The Rock and Brock Lesnar have been able to improve business despite the limited schedules they’ve worked. Because of this, they’re willing to offer Batista a similar schedule.
The issue is really just coming down to money. Batista wants what was described as a “monster deal” to only work a few times a year and WWE doesn’t see his worth as “anywhere close” to Rock or Brock. Another issue is that WWE does not want to risk completely overhauling their pay scale, if suddenly all the top guys want major full-time money for sporadic part-time appearances.
Obviously, there are many in the locker room that aren’t happy about Brock and Rock working so little while making more than everybody else, but at least WWE is able to position it as The Rock being a movie star and Brock being a UFC star, and therefore being more of outside celebrities than full-time wrestlers at this point.
Nobody really sees Batista at that level, and word going around is that Batista is going to have to come way down on his money demands if he wants to come in. He’s eager to return part-time and Triple H is very much in favor of getting him back in the fold, but as seen with Steve Austin out year after year, it’s not always easy to get these deals done.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- KOTR Matches To Take Place On Tonight's RAW - April 27th, 2015
- VIDEO: Extreme Rules Kickoff Show Highlights - April 27th, 2015
- The First Match Set For WWE Payback - Details - April 27th, 2015
- WWE Bringing Back KOTR + Extreme Rules #'s - April 26th, 2015
- <i>WWE Extreme Rules Results (4/26) - Rollins!</i> - April 26th, 2015
- CM Punk Q&A Recap - Vince McMahon, UFC/WWE - April 26th, 2015
- How Old Is Kane?, Extreme Rules 'Canvas 2 Canvas' - April 26th, 2015
- Mark Henry Talks Life After WWE, Teaching Kids - April 26th, 2015
- Bad News Barrett Discusses Goals, WrestleMania - April 26th, 2015
- Big E. Holds A Twitter Q&A Session - Details - April 26th, 2015