By Ryan Clark on April 13, 2013
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Batista has been training for a return to wrestling and is close to the 290 pound mark (what he wrestled at during his last WWE run). Batista has said in recent interviews that he is interested in returning to WWE and possibly working with The Rock and Brock Lesnar.
With The Rock’s WWE future up in the air, and along with it, The Rock/Brock Lesnar WrestleMania 30 match, it’s possible that WWE could bring Batista in to fill The Rock’s role.
Batista does have a role in an upcoming major movie — Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy — which starts filming this summer.
We reposted the following on April 1st, 2013:
Triple H has recently been in talks with Dave Batista in regards to a WWE return for the former WWE Champion. Apparently the company has been “very pleased” with how much The Rock and Brock Lesnar have been able to improve business despite the limited schedules they’ve worked. Because of this, they’re willing to offer Batista a similar schedule.
The issue is really just coming down to money. Batista wants what was described as a “monster deal” to only work a few times a year and WWE doesn’t see his worth as “anywhere close” to Rock or Brock. Another issue is that WWE does not want to risk completely overhauling their pay scale, if suddenly all the top guys want major full-time money for sporadic part-time appearances.
Obviously, there are many in the locker room that aren’t happy about Brock and Rock working so little while making more than everybody else, but at least WWE is able to position it as The Rock being a movie star and Brock being a UFC star, and therefore being more of outside celebrities than full-time wrestlers at this point.
Nobody really sees Batista at that level, and word going around is that Batista is going to have to come way down on his money demands if he wants to come in. He’s eager to return part-time and Triple H is very much in favor of getting him back in the fold, but as seen with Steve Austin out year after year, it’s not always easy to get these deals done.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Report: Fan Prints Out 7,000 Cesaro Signs At RAW - August 4th, 2015
- VIDEOS: Highlights From Austin/Paige Podcast - August 4th, 2015
- Previews For The Next Four Weeks Of Total Divas - August 4th, 2015
- WWE Tapes SmackDown Tonight, Today's Birthdays - August 4th, 2015
- 'Ultimate Warrior Day' Set For August 22nd - Details - August 4th, 2015
- Sonnen: 'Piper Was Going To Pass Piper’s Pit To Me!' - August 4th, 2015
- VIDEOS: WWE RAW 'Backstage Fallout' Videos - August 4th, 2015
- Various News - Al Snow/JR Podcast, Orton/Piper - August 4th, 2015
- Press Release - Stephen Amell Coming To RAW - August 4th, 2015
- VIDEO: Roddy Piper's Final 'Piper's Pit' Segment - August 4th, 2015