By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider
The original hope was for Daniel Bryan to be ready to return at the Money in the Bank PPV. WWE then received word over the weekend that Bryan may not be cleared in time to compete at the event. On May 15th, Bryan had a procedure on his neck called “a cervical foraminotomy”. For most, recovery time is said to be eight to ten weeks. The Money in the Bank PPV would be at about the six-week mark. While the company hoped for a return at Money in the Bank, some within WWE didn’t expect Bryan back until SummerSlam. This should come as no shock but WWE wants him back ASAP and there is the possibility they will bring him back early. There are some people rolling their eyes over that but they’ve done it in the past with numerous top talents who have been injured.
Last night’s segment with Stephanie McMahon was WWE’s way of setting up a back up plan. It was announced last night that if Daniel Bryan is cleared to wrestle, he will defend against Kane in a stretcher match. If he can’t, then the belt will be on the line in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- VIDEOS: Harlem Heat Speaks Out, Punk/Corgan - July 23rd, 2014
- Trish Stratus' New Movie Role + Cesaro's Workout - July 23rd, 2014
- Mick Foley Draws Bigger Audience Than Expected? - July 23rd, 2014
- Report: Prince Devitt Signs With WWE - July 23rd, 2014
- Hogan/WWE/NBC Conference, The Rock/Today Show - July 23rd, 2014
- Content Listing For WWE's Upcoming Sting DVD - July 23rd, 2014
- John Cena Transitioning From WWE To Hollywood? - July 23rd, 2014
- Sheamus Absent From RAW & SD + Miz's Parents - July 23rd, 2014
- VIDEO: Lana/Rusev Mentioned On 'The Daily Show' - July 23rd, 2014
- Why WWE Cancelled SummerSlam AXXESS + KENTA - July 23rd, 2014