By Ryan Clark on June 3, 2014
Partial Source: Pwinsider
The original hope was for Daniel Bryan to be ready to return at the Money in the Bank PPV. WWE then received word over the weekend that Bryan may not be cleared in time to compete at the event. On May 15th, Bryan had a procedure on his neck called “a cervical foraminotomy”. For most, recovery time is said to be eight to ten weeks. The Money in the Bank PPV would be at about the six-week mark. While the company hoped for a return at Money in the Bank, some within WWE didn’t expect Bryan back until SummerSlam. This should come as no shock but WWE wants him back ASAP and there is the possibility they will bring him back early. There are some people rolling their eyes over that but they’ve done it in the past with numerous top talents who have been injured.
Last night’s segment with Stephanie McMahon was WWE’s way of setting up a back up plan. It was announced last night that if Daniel Bryan is cleared to wrestle, he will defend against Kane in a stretcher match. If he can’t, then the belt will be on the line in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Update 55 WWE Employees Fired + Vince's Email - July 31st, 2014
- **SPOILERS** - New NXT GM + NXT Takeover 2 Card - July 31st, 2014
- CM Punk Having Fun These Days, Austin's Podcast - July 31st, 2014
- WWE Fires Their Magazine Team?, Network Advertising - July 31st, 2014
- The Story Behind 'YES!' Chant + SSlam Changes? - July 31st, 2014
- PHOTO: Devitt & KENTA Backstage At NXT Tapings - July 31st, 2014
- The Name & Date Of The Next NXT Live Special - July 31st, 2014
- Major Heat On Scott Hall - Details On Why Inside - July 31st, 2014
- WWE Ending WWE Magazine Soon - Details Inside - July 31st, 2014
- Update - WWE Cuts Complete - 50 Employee Fired - July 31st, 2014