By Ryan Clark on October 14, 2012
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
– As we previously reported, Ann Russo-Gordon has resigned from her position with WWE. Russo-Gordon was the “point person” for the company’s rehab program and cited burnout and health issues. She arranged rehab for drug and alcohol issues for any current or former talent that needed it when contacted. Russo-Gordon also took part in follow ups with the individual after they had completed the program.
– WWE is reportedly staying far away from show interest in signing Ric Flair to a new deal until the lawsuit with TNA is settled. The new company policy is to not hire anyone who was under a TNA deal at the time the suit was filed or in Flair’s case near the time of the suit as Flair had already parted ways with TNA at that point. The belief is that hiring Flair would strengthen the claim from TNA in the lawsuit even if WWE’s side feels the suit has no merit. We can confirm that former TNA stars have also privately requested not to speak at length about WWE when asked in media interviews as to not risk the possibility of getting a look down the line.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- WWE Acquires Original WWWF Title Belt, Raven - May 18th, 2013
- The Rock's Latest Movie Is A Hit, Today's Birthdays - May 18th, 2013
- VIDEOS: Payback Hype + SD Backstage Fallout - May 18th, 2013
- NFL Star: 'Brock Lesnar Will Win At Extreme Rules' - May 18th, 2013
- WWE Extreme Rules Post-Show Details Revealed - May 18th, 2013
- VIDEO: Bruno Sammartino Day In Pittsburgh, PA - May 18th, 2013
- Meet Several WWE Superstars This Weekend - May 18th, 2013
- 2013 PWHOF Inductions Set For Tonight - Details - May 18th, 2013
- PHOTO: Linda McMahon Visits WWE Headquarters! - May 18th, 2013
- Linda McMahon At WWE HQ, JR Blogs, Fandango - May 18th, 2013