By Ryan Clark on January 18, 2013
On RAW this past week, The Rock “swore to god” that he would defeat CM Punk at the Royal Rumble for the WWE Championship. Usually when a babyface guarantees a title win in such a dramatic fashion, they win. Some are speculating that this means The Rock will definitely win at the Rumble.
WWE has been considering several different scenarios to get the title on The Rock so he can defend against John Cena at WrestleMania. One option was for Punk to retain the title and Rock to win it in the Elimination Chamber, but it seems like Punk’s title reign will now end this month.
We’ll keep you posted as we hear more. Stay tuned!
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- What Happened After RAW (Tables Match) + More - June 18th, 2013
- Vince McMahon vs. Triple H + Punk vs. Lesnar? - June 17th, 2013
- Major RAW Wardrobe Malfunction + Lesnar Returns - June 17th, 2013
- Mark Henry Pulls Major 'Swerve' On RAW This Week - June 17th, 2013
- Money In The Bank & SD Main Events Revealed - June 17th, 2013
- Christian Returns To WWE + Superstars Matches - June 17th, 2013
- VIDEO: Orton Thought He Was Going To Be Fired - June 17th, 2013
- RAW Dark Match & WWE Superstars **SPOILERS** - June 17th, 2013
- <i>WWE RAW Results (6/17) - Christian & Lesnar!</i> - June 17th, 2013
- More On Henry's Rumored Retirement + Total Divas - June 17th, 2013