By Ryan Clark on August 27, 2012
Source: The Wrestling Observer
As we’ve been reporting here on the website, there are plans to feature a Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar rematch at some point. There had been rumors that the match would be taking place at the November 18th WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view but that doesn’t appear to be happening now.
In an update on this, the latest word is that the rematch will take place at the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view in October. Those plans are not confirmed but they were talking about it as of this weekend.
Brock Lesnar’s current WWE deal is expected to expire at or shortly after WrestleMania 29. Many people expect WWE to offer Lesnar a contract extension before this. According to sources, Lesnar is said to be very happy with the current booking and his WWE deal. He’s getting paid a ton of money for very limited appearances and matches.
The WWE SummerSlam buyrate is expected to play a major role in how much WWE will be willing to offer Lesnar to re-sign with the company. The buyrate for WWE’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view, which featured Brock Lesnar’s return match, came in much lower than originally expected so we’ll have to wait and see how things progress from here.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Final Card For Sunday's WWE Extreme Rules PPV - May 17th, 2013
- Is WWE Going To Strip Dolph Ziggler Of The Title? - May 17th, 2013
- Nate Diaz' Suspension Details + FX 8 Weigh-Ins - May 17th, 2013
- More On Booker T's Surgery + SSlam Update, Kane - May 17th, 2013
- Jake Roberts To WWE's HOF, Sami Callihan/WWE - May 17th, 2013
- The Fired NXT Talents & Vince McMahon Tweet - May 17th, 2013
- Update On The Seven WWE NXT Releases Today - May 17th, 2013
- Breaking News: 3 More NXT Releases (7 Total) - May 17th, 2013
- Injury Update On Rock, WWE's Weekend Matches - May 17th, 2013
- More On The Four WWE NXT Releases Today - May 17th, 2013