By Ryan Clark on August 6, 2014
– WWE is advertising Brock Lesnar for the edition of Raw the night after Summerslam, which is set for August 18 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
– Fans who regularly attend the WWE NXT live events in Florida note that Solomon Crowe, formerly known as Sami Callihan, has developed a really strong following. Crowe continues to work dark matches at NXT TV tapings, which has become somewhat of a running joke among the NXT regulars. Crowe should get a very good reaction on TV when they finally have him debut.
– The following are highlights of a new blog by WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross:
On the Mark Henry/Damien Sandow angle from RAW: “The Sandow/Mark Henry…OU vs. Texas bit in Austin, home of the Longhorns was neither entertaining nor did it have anything to do with Summer Slam. So why was it on the show? Was it a cheap shot at your’s truly? Surely not. JBL knocking my family’s BBQ products was a low blow but in the wrestling biz that it is called ribbing on the square and “all in good fun” which is a lame explanation. I did not see RAW live and watched it on our DVR but my twitter followers had alerted me of the announcers having fun at my expense or so they perceived. Perhaps some one actually thought the segment was entertaining and if that’s true that explains many things regarding today’s product.”
On the new Paul Heyman documentary: “The documentary aspect of the @HeymanHustle DVD is excellent….simply excellent. The video is now on sale and I can’t recommend it enough. For me to be included, along with the departed from WWE CM Punk, was a nice surprise and I feel that we both were able to contribute some to the production. Paul is in the same conversation as a manager as is Bobby Heenan which is rarified air as far as I’m concerned.”
On possibly doing some MMA work: “My agent is working on a play by play gig for me for a MMA event and let’s hope that gets done. I’m motivated and ready to stick my toe in the MMA waters and if I get the broadcast partner that I’ve requested then this broadcast could be a helluva lot of fun. Stay tuned.”
On WWE moving SmackDown tapings: “Someone with WWE told me that WWE was considering going back to the Super Show TV Taping concept where they do RAW live on Monday night and also tape Smackdown the same evening. That’s a load of work….more than a load….but it would save WWE tons of money by eliminating the Tuesday Tapings. Time will tell if this cost cutting move will actually happen but it’s a giant undertaking nonetheless.”
“If it does occur then it might be a timely move to split the announce teams on the two shows so that the announcers can all prepare for one show plus it would make the shows sound differently as they all sound pretty much the same including the PPV’s. @MichaelCole is carrying a mazing work load and it’s inevitable that this much over exposure will burn him out sooner than later. WWE can ill afford for that to occur. I’ve said it before, few people at TV work harder than Cole who runs the show at the announce desk during the busiest and most unique time for a broadcaster ever in WWE with so many masters to serve and to promote while the matches are on going.”
Check out the complete blog at JRsBarBQ.com.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Last Night's WWE SmackDown Rating Is In - May 29th, 2015
- Kevin Owens: 'I Want To Make Triple H Proud!' - May 29th, 2015
- Samoa Joe Discusses What Led To His WWE Deal - May 29th, 2015
- Rumored Title & Date For WWE's Owen Hart DVD - May 29th, 2015
- Neville Reacts To Main Roster Debut, HHH's Tweet - May 29th, 2015
- Updates On 'Ivory' & 'Molly Holly' & Teddy Long - May 29th, 2015
- VIDEO: WWE Stars Sing Shawn Michaels 'Sexy Boy' - May 29th, 2015
- Natalya Reacts To The First NXT Takeover Special - May 29th, 2015
- Seth Rollins On ROH/Destination America, Joe/NXT - May 29th, 2015
- Report - Kevin Owens Signs A New WWE Contract - May 29th, 2015