By Ryan Clark on February 1, 2013
Cody Rhodes tweeted that he didn’t know Goldust would be returning at the Royal Rumble.
He wrote: “Watching TheRumble. Well handled secrecy, @WWEDustyRhodes didn’t even smarten me up, didn’t see Dustin the whole day, then I heard his music. We have MANY differences, but you’re pretty undeniable when I can barely hear said music because the crowd. Amused that I spoiled it for him”
As noted earlier, the Goldust return had been planned for a week or so prior to the pay-per-view due to the angle with his real-life brother, Cody Rhodes. With Cody claiming he was unaware of the return, it’s likely WWE was “shooting” and wanted a genuine reaction from Cody when his brother entered the match. For those asking how they’d know how to go after each other, etc., it would have been booked on the fly where Goldust went in and whispered to Cody exactly what to do (go with the angle and eliminate him).
What do you guys think? Did Cody know in advance that his brother was returning? Let us know below!
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- RAW Notes (Recap) - Payback, SD/Main Event, Cena - May 21st, 2013
- What Happened After RAW - John Cena Appears - May 20th, 2013
- WWE Main Event & SD Main Events Revealed - May 20th, 2013
- Triple H Not Injured On RAW + Curt Axel 'Debuts' - May 20th, 2013
- Hilarious Backstage Cole/RAW Pic, Main Event - May 20th, 2013
- PHOTO: Michael Cole In Makeup Room At RAW! - May 20th, 2013
- Ambulance Match Added To WWE Payback, Shield - May 20th, 2013
- Savage's Family Meet Up To Celebrate His Life - May 20th, 2013
- MVP Not At RAW, Superstars Matches Taped, O'Neil - May 20th, 2013
- Rey Mysterio Undergoing Another Minor Surgery - May 20th, 2013