By Ryan Clark on June 22, 2012
WWE is currently planning to have John Cena face CM Punk for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam on August 19. The plan is to build the show around Punk/Cena and Brock Lesnar/Triple H.
WWE decided to go with Cena and Punk for the second year in a row because they do not want their biggest draw to be in the fourth most important match, meaning Lesnar/HHH, two world title matches and then the Cena match.
Since Summerslam is one of the biggest PPVs of the year in the major television market of Los Angeles, California, WWE wants Cena in a title match and on top of the card.
As always, plans can change. We’ll keep you posted.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- The Rock's Film Opens Today, MSW, Various News - May 24th, 2013
- <i>**SPOILERS** Full WWE NXT Taping Results</i> - May 24th, 2013
- VIDEO: Mae Young Speaks On Exercising Daily - May 24th, 2013
- New WWE NXT Champion Crowned - Details - May 24th, 2013
- Confirmed SD Matches, Wrestling Cares Update - May 24th, 2013
- Kane's Debate Challenge, WWE Attendance #'s - May 23rd, 2013
- WWE Title Belt Maker, JR At Developmental Center - May 23rd, 2013
- VIDEO: WWE Spoofs CM Punk's Entrance Video - May 23rd, 2013
- Rock To Begin Filming 'Hercules', Backlund/WWE - May 23rd, 2013
- 'DX Road Trip' This Weekend, Jacqueline/WWE.com - May 23rd, 2013