By Ryan Clark on August 15, 2012
Jim Ross has posted a new blog entry at JRSBARBQ.com. Here are the highlights…
On NXT Talent: Big E Langston had another solid outing at NXT and has incorporated King Kong Bundy’s 5 count, an idea that I originally provided Bill Watts and Ernie Ladd for Bundy years ago, to his presentation. Big E has cut his weight to around 280 but still looks to be 300 plus. Big, athletic talents have a leg up over smaller, athletic talents and I don’t mean that to start a firestorm but it’s true.
Love the team of McGillicutty and Curtis. They have a legit chemistry and both men are hungry and are ready to contribute more to WWE. Michael McGillicutty, while I’ve never been enamored with his TV persona’s last name, continues to impress me.
Leo Kruger has a new TV persona that of a South African big game hunter or more specifically a poacher which seems to fit him well. Kruger is a talented wrestling, villain.
I could watch Tyson Kidd wrestle 7 days a week.
Seth Rollins has some CM Punk-like traits and hopefully in time Rollins will achieve comparable status as the WWE Champion has earned.
Kassius Ohno had a great TV taping and is extremely smart, aggressive and experienced. I like his chances once he’s called up to the next level which will happen in time.
Richie Steamboat has always had a noticeable skill set but being able to step out of his famous fathers, prominent shadow could be a daunting task. Or, it could be utilized to the younger Steamboat’s advantage.
Raquel Diaz has a huge personality much like her mother Vickie Guerrero.
On SummerSlam: I wonder what bout at SummerSlam will slip up on us and ‘steal the show?’ Perhaps Jericho vs. Ziggler or even Rey vs Miz has a shot. Based on what I’ve seen on WWE TV the past several weeks, no one has been better in the ring or out of it than Daniel Bryan.
On Signing New Talent: A couple of the new, former NFL linemen that WWE has signed to begin training have lost well over 100, perhaps closer to 200 combined pounds to get in better condition and to be able to present themselves better on TV.
On a New Tryout Camp: WWE will conduct a closed, invitation only try out camp next Monday-Wednesday in the Los Angeles area that I’m anxious to attend. The recruiting of new, trainees for WWE Development hasn’t been this aggressive in years or so it seems.
You can read the full blog at this link.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Kane's Debate Challenge, WWE Attendance #'s - May 23rd, 2013
- WWE Title Belt Maker, JR At Developmental Center - May 23rd, 2013
- VIDEO: WWE Spoofs CM Punk's Entrance Video - May 23rd, 2013
- Rock To Begin Filming 'Hercules', Backlund/WWE - May 23rd, 2013
- 'DX Road Trip' This Weekend, Jacqueline/WWE.com - May 23rd, 2013
- Bret Hart Remembers His Brother Owen - Details - May 23rd, 2013
- VIDEOS: Raven's Latest + Amy Weber's New Song - May 23rd, 2013
- Steve Austin Sets Guidelines For Podcast Q&A - May 23rd, 2013
- VIDEOS: WWE Main Event Highlights + WZR Archive - May 23rd, 2013
- WWE Sets Four TV Tapings In One Week - Details - May 23rd, 2013