By Ryan Clark on July 1, 2012
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
DirecTV is said to have no interest in carrying the new WWE Network pulling around 30% of revenue away from the company. A variety of cable carriers are reportedly not interested in paying a per subscriber rate for the channel, something WWE was hoping to rely on for profitability.
As reported earlier, one scenario discussed would be to charge a subscription fee directly to the consumer like HBO or Showtime. WWE has already attempted this with the 24/7 On-Demand service and could run the risk of losing more on the network than they earn in profits.
WWE has yet to commit to a date publicly although November appears to be the launch. Some believe we won’t see the WWE Network launch until early 2013.
We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- SD Dark Match + SD & Main Event Matches Taped - May 21st, 2013
- <i>**SPOILERS** WWE SmackDown Results For Friday</i> - May 21st, 2013
- <i>**SPOILERS** Main Event Results For Wednesday</i> - May 21st, 2013
- Carlito Takes A Shot At The Shield, RAW, More - May 21st, 2013
- Sunny Released From Prison, Says She Had Cancer - May 21st, 2013
- WWE Head Writer Gone From Company - May 21st, 2013
- Early RAW Rating #'s Are In, Foley Speaks Out - May 21st, 2013
- Why Is Curtis Axel Getting A Major Push?, Details - May 21st, 2013
- Mark Henry Injured?, WWE Outside The Ring Video - May 21st, 2013
- Original Plans For Curtis Axel's Name, Orton, Foley - May 21st, 2013