By Ryan Clark on March 7, 2013
WWE has removed Eric Pankowski as the senior vice president of creative and development. Former WWE creative team member Court Bauer first posted the news via Twitter. Pankowski was hired back on February 1st, 2012.
Former RAW creative team leader Brian Gewirtz is still with the company, but his contract is believed to be expiring soon, and long time writer Ed Koskey is still with the company. At this time there is no telling who may take over the position.
Yesterday, WWE posted a job listing seeking a new Vice President for Creative Writing.
WWE posted a job listing seeking a new Vice President for Creative Writing. The position “will be responsible for the creative content strategy and direction for all weekly TV programming. He/She will manage the Head Writer, Show Runners, and the writing team, provide long-term direction in the development of story lines and WWE superstar characters, and be the primary liaison with other partner departments especially including Talent, TV and Digital.”
Listed among the responsibilities are:
* Develop and implement creative storylines for broadcast on all WWE programs and platforms in coordination with the writing team and senior creative management (CEO, EVP,SVP)
* Work with Talent Department to develop powerful character back-stories
* Manage the Head Writer, the home-based writers, and the road writing team by providing feedback, training and supervision.
* Use consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the WWE brand and each talent’s skills and history.
* Identify new writing talent and ensure that current writers’ work is aligned with the network’s brand and programming strategy.
* Supervise Head Writer in creating a comprehensive training program for new writers and remedial training for existing writers.
* Work with senior management to continually improve the process supporting WWE’s creative writing system.
* Provide mature leadership to the writing team, relating to the implementation of the vision of senior management (CEO, EVP, SVP
* Drive professional interaction with other departments of the WWE (Talent Development, TV Production, Marketing, Digital, Sales and HR)
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- UFC On FX 8: Quick Results, Bonuses & Attendance - May 19th, 2013
- Final Card For Tonight's WWE Extreme Rules PPV - May 19th, 2013
- <i>DETAILS ON TONIGHT'S FREE EXTREME RULES PBP!</i> - May 19th, 2013
- WWE Counts Down Bizarre Foreign Objects, CNN/XFL - May 18th, 2013
- WWE Acquires Original WWWF Title Belt, Raven - May 18th, 2013
- The Rock's Latest Movie Is A Hit, Today's Birthdays - May 18th, 2013
- VIDEOS: Payback Hype + SD Backstage Fallout - May 18th, 2013
- NFL Star: 'Brock Lesnar Will Win At Extreme Rules' - May 18th, 2013
- WWE Extreme Rules Post-Show Details Revealed - May 18th, 2013
- VIDEO: Bruno Sammartino Day In Pittsburgh, PA - May 18th, 2013