By Ryan Clark on June 4, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
We can confirm that WWE has a long-term plan right now to work towards a Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at this year’s SummerSlam pay-per-view. These plans could change depending on what happens with Bryan and the title heading into the upcoming Money In The Bank pay-per-view at the end of this month.
With Bryan-Lesnar planned for SummerSlam, this would mean that the inevitable showdown between “Paul Heyman Guys” Lesnar and Cesaro, when the latter makes his eventual baby face turn, wouldn’t be taking place until after SummerSlam.
It should be noted though that one idea that was discussed in recent weeks was that Lesnar would win the World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam and then Cesaro would come down and cash in to win the title. Of course, SummerSlam is still several months away and we don’t know who will have the briefcase at that time. As we’ve been reporting, Cesaro is heavily favored to win the Money in the Bank ladder match. With that being said and depending on Daniel Bryan’s status, there is a chance nobody will have a briefcase this year.
As you can see, the Daniel Bryan surgery has messed things up big time for WWE.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Alexa Bliss Shoots Down Rumors Of Nude Photos - April 29th, 2017
- Nikki Bella: 'The Wedding Will Likely Be Shown On TV!' - April 29th, 2017
- Goldberg On How WWE Return Affected His Family - April 29th, 2017
- Madusa: 'Wrestlers Should Never Insult Fans!', & More - April 29th, 2017
- John Cena On People Wanting Him To Turn Heel, Miz - April 29th, 2017
- Young: 'Ambrose & I Weren’t Engaged Before Marriage!' - April 29th, 2017
- Bredl Not Fired From WWE, SD! Rating Hits 2017 Low - April 29th, 2017
- 'Perfect Butt Like Nikki' (Video), Axel Visits Son's School - April 29th, 2017
- Goldberg: 'My Streak Worked Because It Wasn't Planned!' - April 29th, 2017
- WWE's Idea Behind Charlotte's Babyface Turn, Fozzy - April 29th, 2017