By Ryan Clark on June 4, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
We can confirm that WWE has a long-term plan right now to work towards a Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at this year’s SummerSlam pay-per-view. These plans could change depending on what happens with Bryan and the title heading into the upcoming Money In The Bank pay-per-view at the end of this month.
With Bryan-Lesnar planned for SummerSlam, this would mean that the inevitable showdown between “Paul Heyman Guys” Lesnar and Cesaro, when the latter makes his eventual baby face turn, wouldn’t be taking place until after SummerSlam.
It should be noted though that one idea that was discussed in recent weeks was that Lesnar would win the World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam and then Cesaro would come down and cash in to win the title. Of course, SummerSlam is still several months away and we don’t know who will have the briefcase at that time. As we’ve been reporting, Cesaro is heavily favored to win the Money in the Bank ladder match. With that being said and depending on Daniel Bryan’s status, there is a chance nobody will have a briefcase this year.
As you can see, the Daniel Bryan surgery has messed things up big time for WWE.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- VIDEO: Cena Wants To See Jon Stewart On WWE TV - March 1st, 2015
- Major Backstage Update - Lesnar/WWE Issues - March 1st, 2015
- RAW **SPOILER** - The Next WWE HOF Inductee Is? - March 1st, 2015
- A Post-WWE Rey Mysterio Update, Punk/AJ News - March 1st, 2015
- Booker T Turns 50 Today, A Total Divas Preview - March 1st, 2015
- Zack Ryder Reacts To His WWE Return Last Night - March 1st, 2015
- Real-Life Couple Lana & Rusev Purchase A Home - March 1st, 2015
- VIDEO: 'WWE Fury' - Stars Smashed Through Things - March 1st, 2015
- Report: A CM Punk Documentary Being Filmed - March 1st, 2015
- WWE Network Adds 2004-Present HOF Ceremonies - March 1st, 2015