By Ryan Clark on June 4, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
We can confirm that WWE has a long-term plan right now to work towards a Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at this year’s SummerSlam pay-per-view. These plans could change depending on what happens with Bryan and the title heading into the upcoming Money In The Bank pay-per-view at the end of this month.
With Bryan-Lesnar planned for SummerSlam, this would mean that the inevitable showdown between “Paul Heyman Guys” Lesnar and Cesaro, when the latter makes his eventual baby face turn, wouldn’t be taking place until after SummerSlam.
It should be noted though that one idea that was discussed in recent weeks was that Lesnar would win the World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam and then Cesaro would come down and cash in to win the title. Of course, SummerSlam is still several months away and we don’t know who will have the briefcase at that time. As we’ve been reporting, Cesaro is heavily favored to win the Money in the Bank ladder match. With that being said and depending on Daniel Bryan’s status, there is a chance nobody will have a briefcase this year.
As you can see, the Daniel Bryan surgery has messed things up big time for WWE.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- WWE Results 9.24: Chicago, IL – Lesnar vs. Orton II - September 25th, 2016
- Hall: 'Getting To Work With NXT Would Be A Dream! - September 25th, 2016
- Nash: 'I've Lived With What Reigns Is Dealing With!' - September 25th, 2016
- Dupree: 'WWE Put Plants In Crowd To Cheer For Punk!' - September 25th, 2016
- Orton To Miss SD! Live Events, RAW Dark Match - September 25th, 2016
- How To Make Your Own Booty O's Treats, Otunga/Rock - September 25th, 2016
- Paige Reacts To AJ 'Lee' Brooks Upcoming Book - September 25th, 2016
- Stephanie McMahon Turns 40, WWE 'Top 10' Video - September 24th, 2016
- Missy Hyatt Says Leaving WWE Was A Mistake, UWF - September 24th, 2016
- Tamina Snuka Return Update (Photo), Ziggler Note - September 24th, 2016