By Ryan Clark on June 4, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
We can confirm that WWE has a long-term plan right now to work towards a Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at this year’s SummerSlam pay-per-view. These plans could change depending on what happens with Bryan and the title heading into the upcoming Money In The Bank pay-per-view at the end of this month.
With Bryan-Lesnar planned for SummerSlam, this would mean that the inevitable showdown between “Paul Heyman Guys” Lesnar and Cesaro, when the latter makes his eventual baby face turn, wouldn’t be taking place until after SummerSlam.
It should be noted though that one idea that was discussed in recent weeks was that Lesnar would win the World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam and then Cesaro would come down and cash in to win the title. Of course, SummerSlam is still several months away and we don’t know who will have the briefcase at that time. As we’ve been reporting, Cesaro is heavily favored to win the Money in the Bank ladder match. With that being said and depending on Daniel Bryan’s status, there is a chance nobody will have a briefcase this year.
As you can see, the Daniel Bryan surgery has messed things up big time for WWE.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Rey Mysterio Discusses CM Punk Leaving WWE - November 28th, 2015
- Backstage Update - Sting To Wrestle At WM32? - November 28th, 2015
- JR Blogs - Sheamus As WWE Champion, Ziggler - November 28th, 2015
- WWE Business Numbers - PPV & Live Event #'s - November 28th, 2015
- New WWE Network Content, 'Grammar Slam' - November 27th, 2015
- VIDEO: Sheamus Discusses Winning WWE Title - November 27th, 2015
- PHOTO: Balor, Zayn & Dempsey At WWE's PC - November 27th, 2015
- Big E. Talks Spear, JBL Addresses Hogan Snub - November 27th, 2015
- Road Dogg Defends Survivor Series Comments - November 27th, 2015
- Seth Rollins Rehabs Knee (Video), Punk's Comic - November 27th, 2015