By Ryan Clark on June 4, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
We can confirm that WWE has a long-term plan right now to work towards a Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at this year’s SummerSlam pay-per-view. These plans could change depending on what happens with Bryan and the title heading into the upcoming Money In The Bank pay-per-view at the end of this month.
With Bryan-Lesnar planned for SummerSlam, this would mean that the inevitable showdown between “Paul Heyman Guys” Lesnar and Cesaro, when the latter makes his eventual baby face turn, wouldn’t be taking place until after SummerSlam.
It should be noted though that one idea that was discussed in recent weeks was that Lesnar would win the World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam and then Cesaro would come down and cash in to win the title. Of course, SummerSlam is still several months away and we don’t know who will have the briefcase at that time. As we’ve been reporting, Cesaro is heavily favored to win the Money in the Bank ladder match. With that being said and depending on Daniel Bryan’s status, there is a chance nobody will have a briefcase this year.
As you can see, the Daniel Bryan surgery has messed things up big time for WWE.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- A Big Tag-Team SD! Main Event + The HIAC Lineup - October 13th, 2015
- RAW Dark Match & WWE Superstars *SPOILERS* - October 13th, 2015
- WWE Confirms Rusev & Lana Real-Life Engagement - October 13th, 2015
- Nick Dinsmore: 'Eugene Character Was My Idea!' - October 13th, 2015
- Rumor: The Reason For John Cena's Time Off? - October 12th, 2015
- The Rock's Post-Workout Fun (Video), Birthdays - October 12th, 2015
- VIDEOS: Rock's 'Ford' Commercial + Ziggler/Ghosts - October 12th, 2015
- Sami Zayn Explains 'Bound For Glory' Tweet, Athena - October 12th, 2015
- Sting DVD Out Tomorrow + Orton/Condemned 2 - October 12th, 2015
- Wade Barrett: 'I Want To Be A Tag Team Wrestler!' - October 12th, 2015